[LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest louistav
You have acer driver installed on your pc, acer tools, I have used the 3.7 version, then click on "runme", browse the bin and GOGOGO!!! :P

is the acer tool for installation with bin file??

Eumate, *.img file must be installed via adb, right?

I ask because using adb, console return me an error; it says "unable to find partiton" or something like that.

Can you explain me how to work?

as usual:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot filename.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

but anyway I've tried it and can confirm that ts fix isn't working on this image, without it is just the same image posted by vache with different minfree values.

I'll try to find a way tomorrow.

Guest Probie wan kenobi

I did the same steps...i don't know why it doesn't work for me!

But modifying the file that controls ts sensivity (i don't remember name and path :P ), may the sensibility increase without flashing a new boot?

Guest beghiero
Until now no cooked ROMs :P I was waiting some of the cookers to make a custom ROM without debuggins, logs, Acer garbage... :)

I had previously the Xian/Koud Liquid F.

Worked very well, good cooked rom (thanks Xian/Koudelka/Phusson etc), but something still not working (all clearly explained and public: movies, camera not good, no light sensor, no leds, no proximity. etc.).

I backed up all with Titanium bkp.

I installed this leak (thanks LIQUID_USER).

I set up the Android UI, not the Acer one.

I installed Malez, root and superboot.

I restored all apps (NO DATA: ONLY APPS!).

I installed HTC_IME.

I choose laucher pro as default interface.

I removed (Titanium bkp) all apps I don't liked (the list found some msg ago).

Now I have ... my cooked ROM...

No problems at all, until now (I cross my fingers).

Ciao, Piero.

Guest akira.pwr
Until now no cooked ROMs :P I was waiting some of the cookers to make a custom ROM without debuggins, logs, Acer garbage... :)

You haven't to wait too much, before sunday we will have at least one...

Guest chickwan
my phone hangs in standby 10 mins ago.

i heard a sms notification and it remain black.

i had to remove battery.

Same thing yesterday....at the same hour :P

is it a TIMED daily freeze???

:)

same problem here

anyone know why my Gallery only shows pics from my camera, and not my sd card and not anyother folder?

edit: never mind, took a few minutes for the file to be recognised in gallery

Edited by tc4101

Guest HustlinDaily
I really do not like the Froyo UI...

I like the LCR 1.8.0.1 layout. I'm gonna be using that for awhile. Thanks for the share though!

Settings-->Applications-->User Interface-->Android UI

Reboot Phone

Settings-->Applications-->User Interface-->Android UI

Reboot Phone

Oh... Thanks!

Thank goodness for nandroid. Will have to try while I'm in class tomorrow. Using I think it's called Titanium Backup will allow me to keep my apps/contacts/etc when moving to Froyo correct?

Edited by Harness

unfortunately this leak is not as stable as hoped, many time it doesn't wake up from standby->remove battery, it is really memory hog, it keep killing my apps, back to lcr 1.8.01 for now, BUT, i'm trying to restore a nandroid backup from SD over this new leak without success for now, dunno why, it freeze on lcr logo at boot...

must i flash the 2.100.07 bin before restore nandroid backup ?!?

unfortunately this leak is not as stable as hoped, many time it doesn't wake up from standby->remove battery, it is really memory hog, it keep killing my apps, back to lcr 1.8.01 for now, BUT, i'm trying to restore a nandroid backup from SD over this new leak without success for now, dunno why, it freeze on lcr logo at boot...

must i flash the 2.100.07 bin before restore nandroid backup ?!?

Yes you must flash eclair bin first!

Yes you must flash eclair bin first!

are you sure ?

i have flashed the lcr 1.8 standard (not my nandroid backup), and it does work ok.... unfortunately all my nandroid backups doesn't work :-(

Guest mgroover

Pros and cons with the Stream UI:

PRO: Love the intuitive way the information is displayed when "browsing" the statusbar!

PRO: Really really like the widget lock-screen!

CON: Do not like the app drawer solution at all :P

PRO: Like the new in-call dialler screen, mute is not located just below the "End call" button

CON: No way of going back to the dialler screen that I could find if you go to another screen during a call

CON: No way of switching to BT headset in-call

CON: Turning off the alarm seems to just snooze it? I turned it off in the menu even and still it kept ringing!

Switching back to Vanilla UI for a while but boy I would like to have the dialler from Stream incorporated in to the vanilla UI.

are you sure ?

i have flashed the lcr 1.8 standard (not my nandroid backup), and it does work ok.... unfortunately all my nandroid backups doesn't work :-(

Your nandroid backup is made on eclair, so to restore you should flash eclair rom, because this is Froyo (newer radio too).

About LCR working on Froyo it is just coincidence :P because LCR team doesn't change whole rom, but parts of it, so these parts finally seems to work with other froyo stuff.

Your nandroid backup is made on eclair, so to restore you should flash eclair rom, because this is Froyo (newer radio too).

About LCR working on Froyo it is just coincidence :P because LCR team doesn't change whole rom, but parts of it, so these parts finally seems to work with other froyo stuff.

as i know, when a rom is flashed, only the radio part is keeped, all the rest is overwritten/formatted.

this leak seems amazing:

- good battery life event with bt and wifi active

- very fast

- no bt issues right now with my car kit!!! (WOW! finally, i was waiting since 1.6!)

- netfilter and iptables are supported !! (STOCK!) even if i think some netfilter module is still missing, will check later.

- fast dormancy (saves battery)

quick install as i've done it:

- flash malez recovery

- flash superboot

- flash su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip (for su access on shell and remount support)

some suggestion:

- use android ui (even if stream one is better than the last one i tried)

- install titaniumbackup (click on support to install custom busybox for titanium as malez recovery one doesn't seem to be good)

- uste titanium to remove unneeded apps (i removed most apps mentioned in this thread)

- use titanium backup to move apps to sd

as i know, when a rom is flashed, only the radio part is keeped, all the rest is overwritten/formatted.

In your case you are trying to run boot.img, which is for eclair radio on froyo radio.

I really do not like the Froyo UI...

I like the LCR 1.8.0.1 layout. I'm gonna be using that for awhile. Thanks for the share though!

same with me :P like the android UI better :)

this leak seems amazing:

- good battery life event with bt and wifi active

- very fast

- no bt issues right now with my car kit!!! (WOW! finally, i was waiting since 1.6!)

- netfilter and iptables are supported !! (STOCK!) even if i think some netfilter module is still missing, will check later.

- fast dormancy (saves battery)

quick install as i've done it:

- flash malez recovery

- flash superboot

- flash su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip (for su access on shell and remount support)

some suggestion:

- use android ui (even if stream one is better than the last one i tried)

- install titaniumbackup (click on support to install custom busybox for titanium as malez recovery one doesn't seem to be good)

- uste titanium to remove unneeded apps (i removed most apps mentioned in this thread)

- use titanium backup to move apps to sd

Thanks for the suggestion :P

Guest gllandalf

Froyo radio is compatible with eclair roms

The nandroid restore problem is because acer swapped system and data partitions on froyo..

Malez is working on a new recovery for that.

So no problem to flash a full eclair rom like lcr 1.8, but not a nandroid backup.