[LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest Paul Ishenin

Can someone upload an archive with acer applications. I had removed few (maybe AcerSync) and rebooted the phone. After that the phone started to crash.

solved: deleted telephony.db and crash has gone.

Edited by Paul Ishenin

Guest Edward.W
Can someone upload an archive with acer applications. I had removed few (maybe AcerSync) and rebooted the phone. After that the phone started to crash.

Do you remove the Acerlaucher.apk(Stream Launcher)? :P

It 'll cause crashing when you uninstall it.

So, I have strange SMS problem...

It happend to me yesterday, but reboot solved it..But today, i had serious problem with sending SMSs again, but reboots doesnt help..At least every sms Im trying to send, i get "the message cannot be sent"..But, sometimes it is ok, really dont understand that..I found a sollution - after i push "send" button, i have to suspend my Liquid immedietely, than, the message is sent... :P

Somebody else log up this problem?

I dont believe that it is problem with my carrier, never had this problem before...

Guest Probie wan kenobi

@Nesli

Do you use handcent SMS?

I don't find the bug you mentioned in this bin, but I had the same problem with leaked 1.005; resolved using chomp sms or message default application.

Maybe doing the same with this leaked sms works correctly but i'm not sure

@Nesli

Do you use handcent SMS?

I don't find the bug you mentioned in this bin, but I had the same problem with leaked 1.005; resolved using chomp sms or message default application.

Maybe doing the same with this leaked sms works correctly but i'm not sure

Im using regular sms app, so I´ll try Chomps, we´ll see, thanks for advice :P

EDIT: Hmmm, chomps is not on the market..?

Edited by Nesli

unfortunately this leak is not as stable as hoped, many time it doesn't wake up from standby->remove battery, it is really memory hog, it keep killing my apps, back to lcr 1.8.01 for now, BUT, i'm trying to restore a nandroid backup from SD over this new leak without success for now, dunno why, it freeze on lcr logo at boot...

must i flash the 2.100.07 bin before restore nandroid backup ?!?

So it was a lot of fun for me to get this back running. I flashed the stock LCR 1.8.0.1 ROM to get it to boot, just so that I could reflash Eclair 2.100.07, THEN run nandroid to get my old setup back up and running.

Hopefully this works if you haven't already solved your problem.

So it was a lot of fun for me to get this back running. I flashed the stock LCR 1.8.0.1 ROM to get it to boot, just so that I could reflash Eclair 2.100.07, THEN run nandroid to get my old setup back up and running.

Hopefully this works if you haven't already solved your problem.

simply i have only flashed lcr 1.8.01 and reconfigured :P

so now i have froyo radio + lcr 1.8.01.

dunno if now i make a nandroid backup, if it'll work with this configuration ;-)

dunno if now i make a nandroid backup, if it'll work with this configuration ;-)

I think once u go LCR, u can always nandroid. i bet ya u can root it normally and apps2s it

been testing it for 2 days already, Nice share but I think I'm gonna wait for a stable one.

bugs ive found

1.acer UI taskbar has compatibilty issues

2.when headset plugged in,(screen is locked) when unlocking, music pauses like 1 or 2 secs

3.No device information under settings

I just hope when the ''official'' come out it doesn't include acer UI, it sucks like HELL!!!!

This works yes, but you can't flash froyo then run nandroid - it freezes on boot due to a change in partitioning I believe I saw someone say around here.

That was my recovery process to get back to LCR 1.8.0.1 from Froyo with a nandroid recovery.

Ok. Ive flashed the froyo bin, but i can not get the liquid rooted and install malez recovery. Can someone help a noob.

A step by step guide with the software needed linked.

Thank you all.

Solved it

Tnx again for a great leak.

Acer Liquid rocks.

Edited by mang74

So, SMS problems still appears..

I fix it by setting "2G only mode"..If really nobody else doesnt have this problem, it looks as a failure of my carrier...

No trouble with sending sms over here (Sweden).

Thinking this ROM is just an early Froyo-ROM makes me really happy. It works really good! :P

So, SMS problems still appears..

I fix it by setting "2G only mode"..If really nobody else doesnt have this problem, it looks as a failure of my carrier...

i have the same problem here in italy with vodafone but with voice instead of sms... it happens on every rom and not only my phone but only at work so yes.. it happens

Guest lvcargnini
Ok. Ive flashed the froyo bin, but i can not get the liquid rooted and install malez recovery. Can someone help a noob.

A step by step guide with the software needed linked.

Thank you all.

Check a few pages before, also I added a similar post in the end. About the Rooting in previous page theres is something regarding the root process.

Guest lvcargnini
I really do not like the Froyo UI...

I like the LCR 1.8.0.1 layout. I'm gonna be using that for awhile. Thanks for the share though!

Install Launcher Pro and that is it

Guest lvcargnini
more information as in , i get fastboot is failed with both the 2.2 leaked and a 2.1 bin file, how do i proceed.

OK, looking in the previous post page 3 or 4 seems that rebooting the phone should solve this problem