[LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest munchy_cool

guys the problem is solved.

my win xp pc was running very slow hence fastboot was failing, windows 7 lappy was even slower....usb was being given least preference.

removed useless apps from winxp machine, and used the same ADT tool and the MD5 fail 2.1 rom and voila , it worked perfect.

thanks to all for the help.

I hate MICROSOFT.

Nice rom!! LIQUID_USER, thank a lot :P

but

icon "E" still show even though uncheck Data enabled (but look like no connection when i open a browser!)

i dont know that this really close my Edge connection ?!

I just noticed that the E is always displayed now (confusing), when data is actually turned on, the up & down arrows next to it are slightly gray instead of black, and white when transmitting. It's very subtle and hard to see compared to the default Android skin.

Guest Edward.W
guys the problem is solved.

my win xp pc was running very slow hence fastboot was failing, windows 7 lappy was even slower....usb was being given least preference.

removed useless apps from winxp machine, and used the same ADT tool and the MD5 fail 2.1 rom and voila , it worked perfect.

thanks to all for the help.

I hate MICROSOFT.

Good thing to you, that's interesting :P

my win xp pc was running very slow [...] windows 7 lappy was even slower [...] removed useless apps from winxp machine[...]

I hate MICROSOFT.

The problem is not Microsoft (well, on Vista it was MS´s fault), the problem is most of the time the crap we install on Windows. Even the oldest hardware I had with an XP installation free of garbage (only apps/games I really used) worked very well, not to mention the fabulous Windows 7. I bet >90% of all Windows problems are due to cracked apps/games + games DRM hidden protections that consume resources even if the game is not playing. Some even interfere with the SATA/IDE/USB...

Either way, nice to know you made it :P

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Can 2.2 use apps2sd+ ?

can flash 0.54 recovery developed by malez?

Malez Recovery 0.5.4 works, though I hear there are problems with nandroid backups. And just like I said in the XianKoud thread, there's no need for apps2sd in FroYo as it has the ability to move SD-enabled apps (apps that allow you to move to SD on non-rooted phones) to the SD, and all apps to SD after rooting.

Guest Edward.W
Can 2.2 use apps2sd+ ?

can flash 0.54 recovery developed by malez?

Yes, you can flash the0.5.4 recovery, but some of the functions are not available yet,(like apps2sd)

Malez is working on a new version of recovery that fits this leak. :P

Guest Master_T

Guys, are any of you having issues with the music library? For me, it seems it doesn't update! I copied some new music to the sd card, as I usually do, and it's not showing up in any "music library based" player (nemo, default one, Meridian). However it plays fine on players that let you choose the file directly (rock player, the ES File Explorer internal player). Anyone having this issue? Is it froyo related or may it be caused by something else?

Guys, are any of you having issues with the music library? For me, it seems it doesn't update! I copied some new music to the sd card, as I usually do, and it's not showing up in any "music library based" player (nemo, default one, Meridian). However it plays fine on players that let you choose the file directly (rock player, the ES File Explorer internal player). Anyone having this issue? Is it froyo related or may it be caused by something else?

Do you have any ".nomedia" file on the music folder'

Guest lvcargnini

Hi I tried to install the leaked .bin, got the fastboot is failed message, did the procedure of installing another image using the Acer installing tool (check) than used again the Acer Download tool 3.100 to try install the leaked image. I had the same problem again, how can I install this leaked ROM ? There is another tool ?

Please I'm with my phone on FastBoot screen right now (yes if I reboot I get the striped screen too) I performed the procedure for fixing two times but none worked, my lucky is I have malez recovery installed, the first time was trough it I could leave the boot loop.

Any help is welcome.

Edited by lvcargnini

First failure: phone stuck after some time of idle. It was VERY hot (so the cpu must be in loop or something like that). Only way to recover was to pull out the battery :/

Faulty rom or maybe some app? Who knows.... :P

Guest Edward.W
Hi I tried to install the leaked .bin, got the fastboot is failed message, did the procedure of installing another image using the Acer installing tool (check) than used again the Acer Download tool 3.100 to try install the leaked image. I had the same problem again, how can I install this leaked ROM ? There is another tool ?

Please I'm with my phone on FastBoot screen right now (yes if I reboot I get the striped screen too) I performed the procedure for fixing two times but none worked, my lucky is I have malez recovery installed, the first time was trough it I could leave the boot loop.

Any help is welcome.

Try to download another .bin file from another source(website), to see whenever is working or not. (MD5 Checksum?)

Re-flash it, just use the Acer Download Tool 3.1 is all right :P

Guest munchy_cool

Any help is welcome.

also if you on a windows 7 machine make sure that you have enough RAM and processor free. Microsoft OS management gives very less priority to USB transfer.

I faced the same problem and ended up spending 8 hrs trying to flash the same rom and then the solution was to remove unnecessary apps from my Win XP machine and viola it worked.

Looks like we may be missing out on this feature with the 2.6.29 kernel still being used in the Froyo ROM:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.2-highlights.html

"Kernel Memory Management Boost: Improved memory reclaim by up to 20x, which results in faster app switching and smoother performance on memory-constrained devices."

Looks like the A1's 256 MB will be swapped in & out a lot when using many apps simultaneously, which I've noticed a bit already. (web pages reload often when I use a few other apps and then come back to browser)

Hi

Thanks for the bin:)

I've got a little problem, when i try the root on the malez recovery, i get the answer to that: run 'root.sh 2' via adb console or malez menu!

someone help me please.

thx

Edited by nabis

Guest lvcargnini
Try to download another .bin file from another source(website), to see whenever is working or not. (MD5 Checksum?)

Re-flash it, just use the Acer Download Tool 3.1 is all right :P

Ok I can try that but the Acer download tool shows the MD5 pass.

Also can you send another link ? also the mda of the froyo I have is ok according with the md5 of page 2 or 3

Also, after rebooting the phone it booted on Froyo ... even creepier, but was a completely mess the UI was unusable so I installed CM6 now it works, but is not 100% yet. I can't instal swype ... there are some issues, the maximum frequency is 1.2 GHz but my Liquid is a S100, so this scared me.

thanks

Edited by lvcargnini

Guest lvcargnini
also if you on a windows 7 machine make sure that you have enough RAM and processor free. Microsoft OS management gives very less priority to USB transfer.

I faced the same problem and ended up spending 8 hrs trying to flash the same rom and then the solution was to remove unnecessary apps from my Win XP machine and viola it worked.

No no is a WinXP fresh install. only for the purpose of flash my phone.

Guest Small_Hacker
According to http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...easy-installer/, it will be fixed in v.0.6

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24153172/...N1_05.01.01.exe

i have tried this exe, it can root my liquid on 2.2

Just double click in your pc is ok.... Connect via USB with Debug mode pls..

but, i suggest to use LS 2.2 (rooted) because it is faster and smoother

Guest Edward.W
Ok I can try that but the Acer download tool shows the MD5 pass.

Also can you send another link ? also the mda of the froyo I have is ok according with the md5 of page 2 or 3

Also, after rebooting the phone it booted on Froyo ... even creepier, but was a completely mess the UI was unusable so I installed CM6 now it works, but is not 100% yet. I can't instal swype ... there are some issues, the maximum frequency is 1.2 GHz but my Liquid is a S100, so this scared me.

thanks

This is interesting, you mean you can boot into the UI of this ROM(Froyo)? :(

If you encountered fastboot fail, you would supposed to have a "dead boot" :) (That was my experience... :P )

hi all, after 3/4 days with this rom i now have a BIG problem: i can't recevie any sms since my phone tells me i have no more space left for incoming messages even if i've already deleted each text messages with the messagging app.

What should i do now?

my phone keeps notifing me every 2min or so.

Guest lvcargnini
This is interesting, you mean you can boot into the UI of this ROM(Froyo)? :(

If you encountered fastboot fail, you would supposed to have a "dead boot" :( (That was my experience... :P )

I know the worst part is it booted, I had problems since my SIM is looked so it keep asking me the pass all the time, I installed over it Cyanogenmod 6 and it is working pretty fine. Of Course I'm having issues with the USB mass that doesn't mount.

Another annoying issues, like when restarting the phone the ACER image that should appear is like an Atari game crashing, but it is working :), don't ask me how I know this is completely strange.

I'll try to flash another bin, I found in another post on modaco is the same froyo bin, except the file they are providing is bigger a bit 30MB more, the only difference is there they said to flash the donut 1.6 before froyo .... don't get why, but anyway I'm thinking in giving a try later.

Edited by lvcargnini