Dell finally moving on GPL?

Guest fards

Please guys can we Not fill threads with" I want me to and +1". It does nothing but make everything really hard to find when you need to find info

Edited by fards

Guest Shauneh

Just to go back a few posts and a smidge off topic but when did Google Wave get scrapped, cause I just logged into it at:

https://wave.google.com/

And it seems to be exactly like the old demo videos they had, is there any features removed?

I only ask for the same reason, collaboration on the streak source as a project :P

Thanks,

--

Shauneh

Just to go back a few posts and a smidge off topic but when did Google Wave get scrapped, cause I just logged into it at:

https://wave.google.com/

And it seems to be exactly like the old demo videos they had, is there any features removed?

I only ask for the same reason, collaboration on the streak source as a project :P

Thanks,

--

Shauneh

Tbh I tried couldn't login, read around a couple of weeks ago and found

googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/update-on-google-wave.html

So if you want to use it you have the rest of the year..

Guest Asphytxtc

Google are dropping wave by the end of the year so may want to reconsider that.. im gonna go out on a limb and +1 irc though :P

Cheers for the diff fards, may take a look at that tomorrow. Never done much android hacking but im no stranger to the linux src tree. Be nice to see what all this uproar is over wakelocks anyway ^.^

Cheers for the diff fards, may take a look at that tomorrow. Never done much android hacking but im no stranger to the linux src tree.

Yeah I know that feeling!

Android seems to be making sense then suddenly it all seems so alien again..

I did a diff against the froyo kernel, but either it didn't work correctly or there's a fairly radical change in layout, between eclair and froyo 'cos the output came at 9mb txt file.. :P

Guest Stephen Hyde

I did a diff against the froyo kernel, but either it didn't work correctly or there's a fairly radical change in layout, between eclair and froyo 'cos the output came at 9mb txt file.. :P

jump from 2.6.29 to 2.6.32 kernel likely buddy (froyo uses .32 by default but its not required

jump from 2.6.29 to 2.6.32 kernel likely buddy (froyo uses .32 by default but its not required

I know there's likely to be a change, but as it's technically a dot point release I wasn't expecting that much.. :P

Guest Stephen Hyde
I know there's likely to be a change, but as it's technically a dot point release I wasn't expecting that much.. :P

the android usb gadget changed hugely so wouldn be surprised if alot else did

Guest Asphytxtc

I hear you, the kernel i can deal with... its the rest of android that scares me! Hopefully its not going to be a lot of work identifying the bits we need to forward port. cross fingers dell had their sensible hat on when making their changes.

Guest Stephen Hyde
I hear you, the kernel i can deal with... its the rest of android that scares me! Hopefully its not going to be a lot of work identifying the bits we need to forward port. cross fingers dell had their sensible hat on when making their changes.

well my froyo build is going to be mostly vanilla only thing ive replaced is kernel

Guest Stephen Hyde

something about missing things didnt really read much at time - am trying something as i type to try and get boot going

can someone tell me what mtdblock userdata is ? i know system is 6

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Filesystem				Size	  Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs				   204.6M	 12.0K	204.6M   0% /dev

/dev/block/mtdblock6	260.0M	113.8M	146.2M  44% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock7	140.0M	  9.5M	130.5M   7% /firstboot

/dev/block/innersd0p5

236.8M	 16.3M	208.3M   7% /cache

/dev/block/innersd0p6

1.6G	272.5M	  1.3G  17% /data

tmpfs					 4.0M		 0	  4.0M   0% /sqlite_stmt_journals

/dev/block//vold/179:17

14.8G	  7.0G	  7.8G  47% /sdcard

damn that didn't format :P

innersd0p6

ps anyone else think "firstboot" is a bit overkill space wise ?

Edited by fards