Dell finally moving on GPL?

Guest fards

I've just found my new favourite linux- app !

meld .. wahey its diff but human :P

All I need now is someone who knows what some of these obscure calls are. Most seem to make sense, but

#define PROT_QISDA_BACKDOOR	0x10		

#define VM_QISDA_BACKDOOR	0x40000000

?

I know qisda is BenQ who have made the streak for dell

but wonder why and what thats set as a define?

Edited by fards

Guest Stephen Davidson

I'm new to this part of the building. So when you complete a compile of the kernel the output file is a full boot.img, system.img, etc?

I could build a dell initrd onto the kernel or provide you a method to do it if you need one. I've been customizing my initrd on my Dell quite a bit. I'm guessing the initrd and header from eclair might work OK with a new kernel.

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok heres something interesting,

ive pulled the config.gz of my working 8105 streak and loaded it into dells source kernel and looked at menuconfig, not only doe the streak not use cfq io scheduler but also doesnt have ANY sort of cgroup system active which i always thought was an android requirement. methinks dell have hacked alot more of the os than we thought

As usual no time to actually work on it. I'll at least throw the .config settings into the froyo I'd given up on a couple of months ago and see if that magically makes a kernel that will boot. But looking at that diff I'm guessing there is about a 0.05% chance that'll work.

Nope, that 2.6.32 hung too, froyo build based on it resets before getting any info in adb on the stock .29 Oh well, best of luck to anyone who sticks at it.

And as a F.Y.I. one of the other threads mentioned not having any luck with gcc4.4. My x86 VM with 4.4 compiled it fine, unless you are using current, x86 is probably the best bet.

Nope, that 2.6.32 hung too, froyo build based on it resets before getting any info in adb on the stock .29 Oh well, best of luck to anyone who sticks at it.

And as a F.Y.I. one of the other threads mentioned not having any luck with gcc4.4. My x86 VM with 4.4 compiled it fine, unless you are using current, x86 is probably the best bet.

i am fairy sure ive built with 4.4 before on x64. not really inclined to take down my laptop just to swap to 32bit for compiling.

guess if i cant get it to play with 4.5 il drop back to gcc4.3