PSFreedom with MoDaCo custom 2.2?

Guest theboxman

Guest Asselberghs
can you tell me how unrEVOked3 works? i cant quite understand it!?

Unrevoked 3 is a one-click root method.

Connect your phone to your computer, and start up the program.

If you wish you can add a costum recovery image, by clicking file and what amounts to open file, locate the *.img file on your harddrive.

And then you just click root/go or whatever the primary button is called, can´t remember.

If you´ve selected a custom .img file that recovery image will be used and your phone will root itself through that program. It sort of seems like the phone is running on Autopilot.

It´ll tell you when it´s done and then you can just reboot your phone and your rooted.

If you do not wish to add a custom recovery image, Unrevoked 3 will by default install Clockworkmod Recovery.

I rooted an Android 2.1 phone, according to Unrevoked.com there´s been a FEW incidences (3 phones) that have failed using Unrevoked 3 while rooting Android 2.2 but it should be able to root that also, and IIRC it was Evo phones.

But my experience with this software has been perfect, flawless and fast:)

Hope it helped.

i'd check over at XDA because they have a thread which then tells you the instructions for all compatible phones.

I took the plunge and went down the unrEVOked3 method yesterday so i can keep my r8 ROM, works brilliantly, i have ROM Manager Premium so have already re-installed clockworkmod recovery so should be set to go!