CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

I have only read about wired headset trouble in 2.1 roms which is releated to the fact that it auto starts music player if you insert a headset.

This is a pure routing problem, even though the A2DP connection is there and working, it keeps sending audio to the wrong "device/speaker"

When using Voip the sound is routed to back speaker instead to earphone at list in Android 2.1. Is this the part of same problem?

Here is solution from Samsung Spica, maybe can be used fro Pulse also.

http://code.google.com/p/sipdroid/issues/d...Summary%20Stars

Bug report!

This bug concerns a2dp bluetooth audio playback.

The phone connects to my headset allright, even the AVCRP connection works great,

but as soon as I turn on the music it gets routed through the speaker on the back!

I can as said before, skip next and previous through headset.

if more info needed please request

What are you using to play the audio? If it is the same as the Spica problem, that issue indicates it could be caused by how some applications use the audio interface, and indicates the pulse had the same problem in 2.1.

What are you using to play the audio? If it is the same as the Spica problem, that issue indicates it could be caused by how some applications use the audio interface, and indicates the pulse had the same problem in 2.1.

I use standard music player to playback mp3. There was never such a problem in 2.1!

if you need logs or anything i might provide them tonight!

Don't know about playing audio, but when receiving call almost every sip voip application route the voice to back speaker.

Here is solution but don't know how to do that for Pulse.

http://forum.samdroid.net/f9/sipdroid-voip...0-problems-983/

Enable it in build.prop, dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast to dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

Incorrect. You need to delete the line or comment it out with a hash. Setting the mode to "jit" is the old way. Froyo uses jit by default so doesn't need any setting to enable it, only to disable it.

And JIT is fantastic if you enjoy your phone randomly rebooting. Seriously, there's a very good reason Cyanogen disabled JIT on the G1, Sapphire/Magic, and Hero versions of Froyo. Not enough RAM for JIT to function correctly.

JIT increases memory usage by half. I'm used to having about 28-30mb free ram on Froyo but with JIT this drops to 20 and sometimes lower. Result: Reboot city.

I have only read about wired headset trouble in 2.1 roms which is releated to the fact that it auto starts music player if you insert a headset.

Ah the infamous random party in your pocket music bug (as Cyanogen called it!). Apparently this has been fixed in Froyo.

But the headset issue might need some modifications to the source to fix. Along with Tom I don't have a bluetooth headset either. Anybody want to buy me a headset stereo headphone ? :lol:

Guest Fusion0306
And JIT is fantastic if you enjoy your phone randomly rebooting. Seriously, there's a very good reason Cyanogen disabled JIT on the G1, Sapphire/Magic, and Hero versions of Froyo. Not enough RAM for JIT to function correctly.

JIT increases memory usage by half. I'm used to having about 28-30mb free ram on Froyo but with JIT this drops to 20 and sometimes lower. Result: Reboot city.

Really? Works great for me :lol:

Running it for ~8 hours now without a single force close, error, or reboot

sorry for noob question but can't seem to find answer

i have nandroid backup, i have titanium backup

so i should wipe phone fully - this includes data and cache and ++ext partition++?

if i wipe ext partition do i need to recreate it?

once i flashed flb2 and say i want to go back is it just a case of reflshing nandroid backup and then restoring titanium backup?

oops sorry meant ot post in FLB2 thread - well hope someone can asnwer it in here :lol:

Edited by peelie

Guest Fusion0306
sorry for noob question but can't seem to find answer

i have nandroid backup, i have titanium backup

so i should wipe phone fully - this includes data and cache and ++ext partition++?

if i wipe ext partition do i need to recreate it?

once i flashed flb2 and say i want to go back is it just a case of reflshing nandroid backup and then restoring titanium backup?

Yes. Wipe everything (you don't have to repartition your sd)

Yes. Wipe everything (you don't have to repartition your sd)

hi thanks

so FLB2 rom creates ext partition automatically? if so how large is it?

edit:

doh clockwork mod does not have option to wipe ext so i guess i don't need to worry about that!

cheers

Edited by peelie

Guest Fusion0306
hi thanks

so FLB2 rom creates ext partition automatically? if so how large is it?

I didn't say that. You asked if you have to repartition your sd card after you wipe everything. No, you don't have to. The partition stays intact.

edit:

doh clockwork mod does not have option to wipe ext so i guess i don't need to worry about that!

cheers

You can wipe everything in Clockwork.

Guest Holograph
Really? Works great for me :lol:

Running it for ~8 hours now without a single force close, error, or reboot

Had one reboot here, but now it's running very well here (+7 hours, 64 SWAP + 8 GB Class 4 SD, A2SD enabled).

My pulse has never worked that good before.

so just flashed FLB2alpha3; the applications drawer still displays applications in French (i am on French orange sim) even though i changed language settings to uk english. hmm?

edit

rebooted language okay!

Edited by peelie

Ah the infamous random party in your pocket music bug (as Cyanogen called it!). Apparently this has been fixed in Froyo.

But the headset issue might need some modifications to the source to fix. Along with Tom I don't have a bluetooth headset either. Anybody want to buy me a headset stereo headphone ? :lol:

Any chance to fix back speaker problem when receiving Voip call?

calendar sync to google calendar does not seem to be working (flbmod2alpha3)

edit

doh did not enable view of my various calendars!

note to self don't post rashly!

Edited by peelie

Guest Fusion0306
Are you using swap?

Yup, Swapper 2

Now I'm trying to use a2sd swap. I don't want to use a2sd, just the swap. So, in amon ra I partition the card like this? Swap:32, ext:0?

Edited by Fusion0306

I set my swap to 32 in amon ra partition. Had to use the largeheap command to get it working right as it slowed my phone down without it.

I've had this on nearly 24 hours now and apart from one random reboot it's worked fine with no problems.Oh,apart from stupid swype not working again :lol:

Is there a flashable system version of latest version of ADW anywhere? I looked on the website but couldn't find one.

*EDIT* I've had to turn off a2sd swap as it was making my phone slow and do funny things!

Edited by biron_w

Guest igor_anta
I set my swap to 32 in amon ra partition. Had to use the largeheap command to get it working right as it slowed my phone down without it.

I've had this on nearly 24 hours now and apart from one random reboot it's worked fine with no problems.Oh,apart from stupid swype not working again :lol:

Is there a flashable system version of latest version of ADW anywhere? I looked on the website but couldn't find one.

*EDIT* I've had to turn off a2sd swap as it was making my phone slow and do funny things!

Here you go, ADW 1.1.5 :)

DOWNLOAD: adw_1.1.5.zip

Guest Spikey001
i would like the red button to hard exit a program and the back button to leave it in running in bg (just like your old mods)

+1

Can't exit browser at the moment unless i keep pressing back to the point where first opened it! Long press of back doesn't do anything and red button just switches the screen off for me

+1

Can't exit browser at the moment unless i keep pressing back to the point where first opened it! Long press of back doesn't do anything and red button just switches the screen off for me

If Spare Parts is installed (not sure if it is by default) you can change the End button behaviour in there.

The problem is a little easier to solve probably but worse than I expected.

Although the BT icon on the phone shows an a2dp icon (two triangles on eacht side of the :) there is NO a2dp connection whatsoever. there is a BT connection, and yes AVCRP does work, but the A2DP icon is shown while there is actually no A2DP link to the other device.

I thought there was previously, but I was connecting the phone to a headphone which doesnt display information (no lcd on the headphone). Now that I tried to make a A2DP connection with my car stereo, i noticed that my phone does show an A2DP icon but my car stereo only shows a mono-connection!!

So A2DP in this rom does not work at all...

Guest totiadrenalin
Cheers :lol:

Why on earth I don't have 3G connection?

EDIT:

Oh yeah!!!

The APN configurations of T-mobile MK aren't in the apns_config.xml

No problem I'll just replace that file.

Edited by totiadrenalin