CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

Guest DanWilson
Did you really have to post this in three seperate threads? And a quick search on this very forum would have told you that it's come from a member here and doesn't work.

How hard would it be to make this work now that we have source? And how are you doing anyway with whatever it is you are doing? I've not seen many updates on your progess :) .

Or is it an uber secret? :lol:

How hard would it be to make this work now that we have source? And how are you doing anyway with whatever it is you are doing? I've not seen many updates on your progess :) .

Or is it an uber secret? :lol:

Pretty difficult to be honest. There are a load of differences between the .29 and .32 kernel sources.

Guest DanWilson
Pretty difficult to be honest. There are a load of differences between the .29 and .32 kernel sources.

Did Cyanogen use the .29 source to make .32 for some device? Couldn't you ask him? I mean for the kernel though, not the ROM :) .

That comes after :lol:

Guest niko1986

Firstly a lot has changed in 5 days since I went on holiday :lol:

I've installed 2.2 but i have an issue that i can't see anyone else posting about or a solution. Everytime i install an app from the market or titanium backup the phone reboots but not from the tmobile logo just the flb animation.

Guest goce.nakov
Firstly a lot has changed in 5 days since I went on holiday :lol:

I've installed 2.2 but i have an issue that i can't see anyone else posting about or a solution. Everytime i install an app from the market or titanium backup the phone reboots but not from the tmobile logo just the flb animation.

I'v got that issue...if you are using a2sd rc3 then set hip size ''largeheap''.

That solved the rebooting thing,or just newer version of DT a2sd

Please list the not functioning of A2DP (stereo bluetooth audio) as an offical bug for froyo on pulse!

Raise an issue on the github issue tracker and please provide some infomation (what happens, how to recreate, logs etc). If all you tell use is it doesn't work then I'm not going to look at it.

if i install 2.2, can i use go back to 1.5 with time machine metod if i want?

Yes, but it doesn't depend on installing Froyo. To install Froyo, you should first upgrade to 2.1 UK or Tre versions - and they require time machine to revert back to 1.5.

Froyo is just a recovery update over them.

Guest DanWilson
.... how is it going at the moment with the 2.2 ?

"I do find it amusing that people here actually want to use a rom that has no camera support, no 3D acceleration, no video playback support. And applications built for Froyo will fail to install if the SD card is mounted, the GPS is causing reboots for some people, rotation is breaking for some people. It's really not ready for general release."

- Flibblesan

There you go. As far as I know, nothing new has happened, so the first two posts are up to date.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ogiogi

Somehow Car Home appeared in marked B). Installed correctly but was missing in adw app drawer. So i made a custom activity shortcut of it on homescreen and it works :lol:.

Guest maloi125

developers! the guys say in 2.2 sound in the headset for a lot louder than a 2.1 and wanted to know whether you can use the sound driver from 2.2 on 2.1? would be very grateful! and I think I am not alone 8)

developers! the guys say in 2.2 sound in the headset for a lot louder than a 2.1 and wanted to know whether you can use the sound driver from 2.2 on 2.1? would be very grateful! and I think I am not alone 8)

Both are based on the codeaurora sound driver so I wouldn't expect much difference between versions. Try removing /system/lib/libaudioeq.so, I'm not sure what it does but it isn't in the 2.2 roms (causes a warning in the log). It may be what is causing lower volume in 2.1. You may also be able to get a bit more volume by playing with /etc/AudioFilter.csv. The one used in the 2.2 roms is copied directly from 2.1, so that isn't where the extra volume is coming from.

Guest gusthy
2TOM G any news about froyo usb tether?

For USB Tether a 2.6.32 kernel would be required. It is a different project - it would take a long time for more than one person.