CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

Guest sentroy
I'm not thrilled with Gallery 3D. It's slow, and it's flakey. Is there an alternative, something less "fancy" and more consistent? Something like an older version of Gallery that still works in Froyo?

Market probably has a variety of Gallery apps, try searching there.

I've uploaded the old gallery.apk from CM 5.0.8. Tested it and it works.

It's simple but effective, I recommend removing Gallery3D since both are named "Gallery" inside the phone.

Gallery.zip

Market probably has a variety of Gallery apps, try searching there.

I've uploaded the old gallery.apk from CM 5.0.8. Tested it and it works.

It's simple but effective, I recommend removing Gallery3D since both are named "Gallery" inside the phone.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Well "Next Major Update" would be Gingerbread, but that won't be made for our Pulse...

But if you are refearing to CyanogenMod 6 next update, I don't see why would you need another update, when everything is smooth like butter... B)

Guest iKrautDroid
Is anyone having trouble installing certain apps? I can't install Tasker (installation unsuccessful) or Swype (doesn't register) and can't see some apps in the market - namely Runkeeper and Tunewiki - trying to reinstall them via Titanium and I get the installation unsuccessful message again.

I have the cm6 oc kernal (710 one) and a2sd (dalvik on sd) using compache (18%) not swap. Linpack is 4.6 so other than these missing apps I'm really liking this build and have a lot of apps on and still 50mb internal memory.

Any help would be great.

Where did you get that kernel

Where did you get that kernel

IIRC, there was a link to it somewhere in this post: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...port-for-pulse/

Use the search at the bottom of the page once you are in that thread and you should be able to find it.

If you can't find it there, unzip Richard Arkless rom to get it: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...d-on-beta-0-30/

Guest iKrautDroid
IIRC, there was a link to it somewhere in this post: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...port-for-pulse/

Use the search at the bottom of the page once you are in that thread and you should be able to find it.

If you can't find it there, unzip Richard Arkless rom to get it: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...d-on-beta-0-30/

Couldnt find anything on the thread. (could You please give me a link).

I also heard about richards rom but does it also include a 780mhs kernel?

id really like to be on 780

thanks in advance

Guest jordanclarke69

hey group,

just installed cyanogen 6 for the first time.... love it!

but can someone recommend a number for swappyness please.

i have the sd card tmobile provide with the phone.

also is there somewhere i can readup on the setCPU because i can't find a thread???

Guest AntonioPT
hey group,

just installed cyanogen 6 for the first time.... love it!

but can someone recommend a number for swappyness please.

i have the sd card tmobile provide with the phone.

also is there somewhere i can readup on the setCPU because i can't find a thread???

15% is a good value.

I'm not thrilled with Gallery 3D. It's slow, and it's flakey. Is there an alternative, something less "fancy" and more consistent? Something like an older version of Gallery that still works in Froyo?

I kept getting crashes with the one sentroy uploaded. But this one I pulled out of the vanilla rom (Nov 21) over on xda (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=731659) seems to work very well for me: Gallery.zip.

Guest lolcano

So I installed this today and everything is working great so far except for one major annoyance, back in 2.1 if I wanted to close the internet browser fully I'd go into the menu and exit or to close it quickly I'd just hit the red button... Seems I can't do either in CM6 since the exit option is gone from the menu and the red button now puts the phone to sleep :P Am I overlooking something? Or am I stuck having to hit back repeatedly untill it closes? I looked around to see if I can change the function of the red button but I can't see an option to do so..

There must be another way? So frustrating as CM6 would be perfect for me if it wasn't for this...

Guest lolcano
In spare parts change the behavior of the red button...

Hadn't even looked in spare parts :D Wasn't in any of the previous roms I've used.

Would still be nice to have the exit option in the menu too though :l

Edited by lolcano

Guest James Kei

Tried, apart from Camera not working, sometime reboot itself when I select wifi/network config on/off. It seems running faster than the custom 2.1 ROM.

But this wifi without MAC address killing me, my network provider only read my MAC address my of phone, and Foyo A2SD games not able to install.... :P

So fallback to custom 2.1 ROM :P

Waiting for your bugfix. ;)

Edited by James Kei