22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

hi everyone.. im seriously seeking/begging your help since paul is busy. i upgraded r24 with full wipe. but im encounter this problem since r23 :lol:

1. my sync will start and wont stop. it will happen again and again until i manually stop it. it will consume my battery :)

I'm not running a Sense ROM at the moment, however I do remember that things you bake in or leave out affect that. Make sure you keep friendstream, stock and news. AFAIK any or all of them are the culprit when the sync never stops.

sns

I'm not running a Sense ROM at the moment, however I do remember that things you bake in or leave out affect that. Make sure you keep friendstream, stock and news. AFAIK any or all of them are the culprit when the sync never stops.

sns

Thanks. Maybe it because of the apps that I removed. I will try it and update it later. Thanks.

Guest cbr600f98
Sure, Paul... I have a Car Dock.

The Car Dock uses BT to pair with and activate the microphone and speaker it contains. Call audio as well as multimedia audio can be routed to the speaker after the device is inserted in the dock.

When initially inserted, the device activates BT and then brings up a configuration dialog allowing you to specify if the dock should be used for call and/or multimedia audio. This is actually done via the Dock settings section. The section exists in MCR r22 (FRG33), if you need to look at code... When removed, BT deactivates and the pairing between the device, speaker and volume controls drop.

Subsequent device inserts into the Car Dock activate BT, repair the device with the microphone and speaker, and reroute audio according to the preference choices you made. Again, pulling the device turns off BT and unpairs the device.

I am more than willing to help test this. Please let me know if you need additional information; and how I can help.

I too have the car dock .. and I do it willingly the tester

My experience with bluetooth its kinda weird...

I Have a stereo bluetooth that is also a handset, Plantronics BackBeat 906 Stereo Bluetooth headset, it pairs fine, but on the bluetooth details it says connected to media audio, when it used to say connected to media audio and phone.

Tried it and phone options don't work with this headset, when it used to work...

I found out, or at least it seems, that the fancy widget does a better work refreshing the time than the actual sense widget, or maybe is because it's a ported app. I don't know.

I'm gonna reflash now because even though I selected Google Email App and deselected HTC Email App, I still have both. The same goes for gallery. I think is not something that you can't/should remove, because the ROM requires it and the kitchen adds those because of that.

Yes, this kitchen is SkyNet. :lol:

EDIT: Reflashed, Mail resolved. There's no option to remove HTC Gallery though, just noticed that on the Kitchen. HTC Scenes even seemed to be worked out without having HTC Mail installed.

Edited by KaCeX

Thanks. Maybe it because of the apps that I removed. I will try it and update it later. Thanks.

This makes no difference what-so-ever. I have all of those removed. Iv singled the problem down to the facebook sync. If you dont believe me, just try removing your facebook account from phone, and the problem dissapears.

On another note @Paul, not sure if it has been mentioned yet but SMS that are over 160 characters.. Do not send. It says they do.. But they dont. Give it a test by sending a long txt to yourself.

This makes no difference what-so-ever. I have all of those removed. Iv singled the problem down to the facebook sync. If you dont believe me, just try removing your facebook account from phone, and the problem dissapears.

On another note @Paul, not sure if it has been mentioned yet but SMS that are over 160 characters.. Do not send. It says they do.. But they dont. Give it a test by sending a long txt to yourself.

I sent a test long sms to myself and a friend and they both worked, the test sms was around 180 characters and there was no problem. I just flashed the new version today, don't know if that makes a difference...

nexy and NickBr,

I had some trouble through flashing without completely wiping/repartioning the SD Card. Make a Backup and try a fresh install and post your results.

Paul,

reboot is a nice addition, missed that one from CM, Thanx :lol:

Edited by KaCeX

nexy and NickBr,

I had some trouble through flashing without completely wiping/repartioning the SD Card. Make a Backup and try a fresh install and post your results.

Paul,

I'm all good, haven't had issues with this rom yet. Just been flashing every time there is an update and everything is running smoothly :)

Guest kamasi36
I'm all good, haven't had issues with this rom yet. Just been flashing every time there is an update and everything is running smoothly :lol:

What was updated? Is this still based on <2.12 build? It says 2.09...2.10 on 1st page.

nexy and NickBr,

Paul,

NickBr and KaCeX.

Just popped into my mind, maybe its because I chose the vanilla SMS option instead of HTC SMS. Its a problem I can live with, but having just updated to the newest, still recieving the same problems :)

NickBr and KaCeX.

Just popped into my mind, maybe its because I chose the vanilla SMS option instead of HTC SMS. Its a problem I can live with, but having just updated to the newest, still recieving the same problems :lol:

That could very well be it, I'm using the HTC Messaging app and not having any problems

Guest prgopala
Any chance to have trackball wake and battery %

Thanks

PS.

My BT headset doesn't work.

Trackball wake is already present.. please check the kitchen options... For battery %age there are many post on this thread which will help you enable the same...

Mine doesn't work either, but as a workaround, I installed autostart and put the following script (yanked from evil's Rom) in /data/opt

#!/system/bin/sh

while [ true ]; do

if [ `cat /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0066/leds/button-backlight/subsystem/lcd-backlight/brightness` -ne 0 ]; then

echo 255 > /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0066/leds/button-backlight/brightness;

fi;

sleep 2;

done

&

Works as a viable workaround for the time being.

works great, ty. finally light :lol: