22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest smith151

I discovered another problem. MCR r24 periodically hangs. Usually after night charging, but sometimes even on the day. Alarms don't working, phone don't react to the power button so I need to open cover and remove-insert battery. So pity. I decide to downgrade to stock ROM.

Edited by smith151

Guest iserlohn

I just flashed the latest r24 and it looks like the system is losing time and is running behind. I'm losing about 1 second for every 15 minutes and need to sync the clock quite often. Will try loading a new kernel shortly to see if that fixes the issue.

Guest iserlohn
I just flashed the latest r24 and it looks like the system is losing time and is running behind. I'm losing about 1 second for every 15 minutes and need to sync the clock quite often. Will try loading a new kernel shortly to see if that fixes the issue.

I reflashed again the the clock drift seems to be fixed. Not entirely sure why. However, USB tethering and WiFi hotspot still has issues and the fix earlier up in the thread doesn't appear to be a clean fix. Will try the latest Micromod Desire ROM shortly as they claim to have fixed this.

Guest Airbag888
I reflashed again the the clock drift seems to be fixed. Not entirely sure why. However, USB tethering and WiFi hotspot still has issues and the fix earlier up in the thread doesn't appear to be a clean fix. Will try the latest Micromod Desire ROM shortly as they claim to have fixed this.

Did you try intersectRaven kernel?

Guest tiritchi
did u do a wipe before installing the rom?

yes of course i verified the file too with md5 but no issu on the file so i don't know where is the mistake. (i'm sorry for my english) :/

yes of course i verified the file too with md5 but no issu on the file so i don't know where is the mistake. (i'm sorry for my english) :/

Did you include A2SD? If so did you create a ext3 partition?

Guest blakekus

I cannot get A2SD working...

If A2SD is working, i should be able to go in the terminal and type

su

a2sd check

And a2sd should come up?

It says not found.

I have tried the download with A2SD and the download without A2SD then installed A2SD which it would then come up in the terminal, but say my sd card was not mounted.

I also tried installing A2SD on the download WITH A2SD but that just froze my phone on the X loading screen.

Any ideas?

I would really like to try this rom, but cant use it without A2SD.

Wiped everything after every ROM install.

Partitioned sd card 512mb 0 swap ext 3

Ive used A2SD on cyanogen before with no issues.

Yes the SD Card is working, i can go in system info and it shows up 14.4gb free (16gb card)

Also verified all downloads against the md5 hash.

Cheers,

Blake

Edited by blakekus

Guest jsl.com
There are so many features available in this MCR that I don't know which ones to choose. I've never heard of many of the applications included. Is there a source of documentation that describes each application in detail so I can make an informed choice about what I want included in my MCR?

Thanks.

OK so nobody has answered my question yet. I'm on my third version of the MCR now and this new one looks like a major upgrade. It's still using Froyo (2.2) though. I'm a little nervous about installing it given all of the posts describing various problems. The screen-shots look remarkably different from the N1 (Passion). I haven't used a Desire phone. What's new and what's missing? If I'm going to invest several hours in an upgrade, I'd like to have some idea in advance of whether or not it's worth it.

OK so nobody has answered my question yet. I'm on my third version of the MCR now and this new one looks like a major upgrade. It's still using Froyo (2.2) though. I'm a little nervous about installing it given all of the posts describing various problems. The screen-shots look remarkably different from the N1 (Passion). I haven't used a Desire phone. What's new and what's missing? If I'm going to invest several hours in an upgrade, I'd like to have some idea in advance of whether or not it's worth it.

Your best bet is to check out the reviews of what was in the HTC Desire. Other MCRs are based straight off of the Stock N1 Android, while this is a port of the ROM from the Desire. As such, it's very different, uses the HTC Sense launcher as well as widgets and apps (messaging, mail, twitter, facebook, clock, weather, news, etc). I happen to prefer it over stock Android, though that's not everyone's opinion of course :)

sns

Guest iserlohn

It appears that after flashing to the latest version having the bootanimation.zip in /data/local doesn't work? I had to move the default boot animation to /system/media to make it display.

I tested it with a old backup and it is the latest 22 Oct update that is causing the bootanimations to go missing (the default android one takes its place).

--- Update

Oh.. found out why, the symlink in /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip to /data/local/bootanimation.zip does not exist in the latest r24.

--- Update

Actually, the symlink is still there, but the bootanimation.zip is not being read. I still have to put bootanimation.zip into /system/media for it to work.

Edited by iserlohn

Guest Beekay75

Phone: Nexus One

Hi guys - first time caller, short time user too. I'm new to the scene, but thoroughly enjoying findout what I can do to my Nexus One.

Anyway, I've been flashing lots over the last couple of days, trying to find that perfect ROM that does everything that I want AND need, and I'm almost there, but I have 2 issues. Using the Kitchen I baked my own er.. cake? Rom? what's the right terminology here? Anyway, I removed Rosie / Sense, added Launcher2, deselected a lot of the HTC Sense Widgets and basically only inlcuded the items that I wanted.

I love the system, and the ROM looks exactly what I want, but as I mentioned, there are two issues:

1) Sync: So, after booting into the newly flashed rom for the first time, I go through the setup - entering my google account info, facebook info, wifi netowkr info, etc. In the notificcation bar I see the sync diong it's thing. I wait and it's still doing it's thing. I get bored and go grab some food from Wendy's, get home and it's still doing it's thing. I go to bed, wake up in the morning and it's still doing it's thing. Looking at the sync processes, it seems that Google Contacts getting stuck. I can cancel the sync, and turn of syncing for Contacts, but later it just tries again and I get the notification icon again.

Any ideas?

2) Bluetooth: works well, for the most part, but one of the most important functions doesn't. I have a Kenwood KDC-BT945U head unit in my car, Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headphones and Samsung SBH500 handphones. These three bt items work fine with Stock Nexus One Android 2.2, but with my r24 custom rom the play button doesn't play or pause. All the other buttons (next, prev, vol up, vol down) all work just fine, but I cannot start the music or pause it using the play/pause button on any of the 3 devices.

For me, this one is the most critical. I drive alot and only use my phone as my source of music. If I cannot pause/unpause music when in the car, it becomes a hassle. If I can't get this (what some might call 'minor') issue resolved, I'll have to go back to stock Nexus One Froyo - and that would make me very sad :)

Fingers cross one or more of you guys and gals can help me out here! :)

Guest prgopala
Phone: Nexus One

Hi guys - first time caller, short time user too. I'm new to the scene, but thoroughly enjoying findout what I can do to my Nexus One.

Anyway, I've been flashing lots over the last couple of days, trying to find that perfect ROM that does everything that I want AND need, and I'm almost there, but I have 2 issues. Using the Kitchen I baked my own er.. cake? Rom? what's the right terminology here? Anyway, I removed Rosie / Sense, added Launcher2, deselected a lot of the HTC Sense Widgets and basically only inlcuded the items that I wanted.

I love the system, and the ROM looks exactly what I want, but as I mentioned, there are two issues:

1) Sync: So, after booting into the newly flashed rom for the first time, I go through the setup - entering my google account info, facebook info, wifi netowkr info, etc. In the notificcation bar I see the sync diong it's thing. I wait and it's still doing it's thing. I get bored and go grab some food from Wendy's, get home and it's still doing it's thing. I go to bed, wake up in the morning and it's still doing it's thing. Looking at the sync processes, it seems that Google Contacts getting stuck. I can cancel the sync, and turn of syncing for Contacts, but later it just tries again and I get the notification icon again.

Any ideas?

2) Bluetooth: works well, for the most part, but one of the most important functions doesn't. I have a Kenwood KDC-BT945U head unit in my car, Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headphones and Samsung SBH500 handphones. These three bt items work fine with Stock Nexus One Android 2.2, but with my r24 custom rom the play button doesn't play or pause. All the other buttons (next, prev, vol up, vol down) all work just fine, but I cannot start the music or pause it using the play/pause button on any of the 3 devices.

For me, this one is the most critical. I drive alot and only use my phone as my source of music. If I cannot pause/unpause music when in the car, it becomes a hassle. If I can't get this (what some might call 'minor') issue resolved, I'll have to go back to stock Nexus One Froyo - and that would make me very sad :huh:

Fingers cross one or more of you guys and gals can help me out here! :rolleyes:

Both the issues are known issues and have been discussed in this forum as well as modaco's previous eclair build i.e. r23... Also the same problems are discussed on XDA as well.. please do some searching of your own my friend and you may very well have the solutions for the same...

Guest Beekay75
Both the issues are known issues and have been discussed in this forum as well as modaco's previous eclair build i.e. r23... Also the same problems are discussed on XDA as well.. please do some searching of your own my friend and you may very well have the solutions for the same...

I've done nothing but research over this past weekend, without any success. Yes, I found people talking about it, but I wasn't able to decipher the technobabble or use it to fix my problems.

I figured I'd come to the source and see if I can get an understandable answer here...

Guest bigphil

Hi my name is bigphil love your mod thank it's one of the best that's why I became a member just would like for more updates on this paticular mod seams like Cyanogen is alwayas making updates to his mod at least every couple of weeks. Not to be a wine'r just like more updates n1 is still the best phone out there. :rolleyes:

Guest markrduk

Hello there.

I am used to using Cyanogens roms, but like the sense interface, so I thought I would give this a try.

The problem is that the power button on my Nexus is dodgy so I need trackball wake, is there a way to get it on this rom without requiring the kitchen?

Thanks

Guest ichange

Ive just installed this rom and I cannot get the Wi-fi to connect what so ever, it just constantly changes between disconnected.. scanning.. connecting.. authenticating with.., disconnected..

Has anybody else had this problem on their Nexus One and how do I fix it???

Guest prgopala
Hello there.

I am used to using Cyanogens roms, but like the sense interface, so I thought I would give this a try.

The problem is that the power button on my Nexus is dodgy so I need trackball wake, is there a way to get it on this rom without requiring the kitchen?

Thanks

get Evil Nxsense Rom.. it has trackball wake and unlock :rolleyes:

Guest vanessa13006
r25 WIP online soon! :huh:

P

I'm sorry that's maybe cause English is not my first language but what soon means ? :rolleyes: Ok i'm joking :huh: I'm sure Paul you have a lot of work with the new devices but, please, don't forget us. Thanks before.

I'm sorry that's maybe cause English is not my first language but what soon means ? :rolleyes: Ok i'm joking :huh: I'm sure Paul you have a lot of work with the new devices but, please, don't forget us. Thanks before.

I second that. Patiently waiting as r24 did not provide a well rounded solution.

r25 will be much appreciated Paul.

Thank you.

Guest Viper780

i read here a few pages and didn't find that problem here - so my post.

When i flash these Image to my rooted N1 i've problems with the GSM and UMTS Radio. Somtimes ive connection, most times i wont. My HTC Hero (GSM) have Full connection Bars all the Time right next to it. when calling after 1 to 3 minutes the Nexus one Hangs up and looses the whole 2G/3G connection (Wifi works well all the time). I've tried several Radio Roms and its the same with every one of them.

When Flashing Pauls N1 from here http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...chen-2-2-frg33/ i can call for hours!

Guest Arjansplit

Hey guys, i've been expierincing some problems with my Google N1.

ive been flashing this rom to my phone and when the first reboot after the flash starts my phone wont get past the silver "android" logo.

time after time this logo appears again and won't advance to the home screen.

Does someone has some tips for me to solve my problem

Thanks in advance,