22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lithium1330
Ok, this combo didn't seem to work...was getting lock ups about every two days, so I went back to MCR for now.

I too am getting N1 freezing on me - blank screen, power button doesn't work (can't power down, etc.). And this morning, the phone froze while charging overnight. Of course, my alarm did not go off... Luckily I didn't have any early appointments, but still very annoying... esp. when I have to pull the battery to restart the phone. One time a friend with iPhone saw me do that, he was like... did you just pull the battery out to restart your phone. Sigh.

I guess not everyone is having this problem, since it's only reported in 3 or 4 posts.

Guest East_Coast
I too am getting N1 freezing on me - blank screen, power button doesn't work (can't power down, etc.). And this morning, the phone froze while charging overnight. Of course, my alarm did not go off... Luckily I didn't have any early appointments, but still very annoying... esp. when I have to pull the battery to restart the phone. One time a friend with iPhone saw me do that, he was like... did you just pull the battery out to restart your phone. Sigh.

I guess not everyone is having this problem, since it's only reported in 3 or 4 posts.

I am having some similar issues, especially the phone locking up, while charging. :D

Guest daimbandai
I am having some similar issues, especially the phone locking up, while charging. :D

hi everybody...I´m having the exact issue on my nexus...completly anoying...black screen, dead phone, and a blinking missed call advise...I`ve try to make a call and I`ve notice that the phone didn`t gave me the ringtone but was calling on my other device...weird..some advise?

Guest lithium1330

what does everyone else have in internal phone storage after installing the ROM? I did a wipe, cleared phone memory and re-install from the ROM (with additions + A2SD - 170mb zip file).

When phone starts up (from the new ROM), I only have 37MB (yes, thirty-seven MB) of internal phone storage remaining. BTW, I only have the ROM saved to SD. How could that be? I thought N1 comes with 512MB internal storage... can anyone offer insight into what could be taking up all 480MB in internal phone storage on a (presumably) fresh system? I've moved as many apps to SD manually as I can... and after installing/restoring fewer than 10 apps, I'm now at 16MB remaining.

Anyone else? Thanks!

Hello there, I have to admit I have just started with custom roms with Sense UI on my brand-new used nexus one, so I apologize if this is an obvious question for everybody else. After spending almost a day figuring it out myself, maybe someone can help me with this.

When trying to install any Modaco images, I end up with an error message when it comes to create the symlink

symlink /system/xbin SYSTEM:xbin/bb

it just stops here. It does not seem to be just this symlink, if I remove that instruction from the update-script [intending to set the symlink by hand later], recover barks at the next symlink instruction. Unfortunately, ra-restore does not contain a little shell, so I have no way of seeing what is going wrong and why. Now I am lost. Can anyone get me a hint?

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Sven

Guest justajason

Ok guys, before I get the usual crap about why didnt i buy a Desire, let me explain.

I purchased my nexus one, almost a year ago. I love the phone, even the quirks here and there. I dont however like the fact that there isnt any native sync solution. for stock android. Ive been waiting more than 6 months for a desire build that would supply that. And with this latest build from Paul, ive found it.

Earlier today I flashed the hotspot fix. And lost sync again. Paul or anyone else, could you include BOTH in the next build? Or is there a way that I can do a workaround?

I tried pulling a hotspot app from the market, and it wont work on this build. It gets SU, but is non operational.

I know that I should have waited on a desire that would work with AT&T, and I wont make that mistake again. My issue is that I dont have the money to spend on another device at the moment. And my work requires that I use a cabled sync for contacts, and calendar data from outlook.

If anyone was or is willing to help, you would have my greatest appreciation.

J

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peganos

Installed the ROM today (baked with online kitchen) and first had the problem with my network (fixed with the "networkfix.zip") and now I have the problem that I can't download apps from the market (looks like the download begins to start, but nothing happens in the status bar)

Any ideas for this?

PLZ help!

(If somebody already asked for this I'm sorry! But I didn't find anything)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest scottpletcher

Having consistent problem on LeoGingerbread and Modaco r26 (GRI54). Whenever I try to install something from the Market, I download the package then upon install, my N1 freaks out and returns to the X screen, shortly after showing the lock screen with no network connection. Everything connects within a few seconds, but the Market install fails.

I did have the stalling X upon boot after flashing with the radio image, but removed battery, replaced and was able to boot fine.

Baseband: 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

Network: ATT

HBOOT: HBOOT-0.35.0017

Guest LidanHa

Hi,

Did anyone is experiencing issues when the phone is fully charged?

Within a week, three times my phone reached full charge, the green light of the nexus is on and the phone is not responding!

There is just black screen, and the phone is not responding at all. The only way to revive it, is to remove the battery and insert again.

I had cyanogen mod installed for about a year and never experienced anything like this before.

Does anyway has a clue or know someone had the same problem?

Thanks a lot!

Guest rotarypower101

Hello all, I have two questions:

(1) is r24 the latest ROM with Sense UI ?

(2) When attempting to update to this ROM, I get "Amend Scripting" not supported. Do I need a version of ClockworkMod < 3.0.0.5 ?

Thanks

Guest LidanHa
When attempting to update to this ROM, I get "Amend Scripting" not supported. Do I need a version of ClockworkMod < 3.0.0.5 ?

Yes, and if I'm not wrong, event smaller than 3.0.0.3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dirk gently

i would love to use this ROM,

but after installation i got a big problem. When i call somebody the call stops right after putting the phone on my ears (so that the display goes black to save energy). I could possibly continue the call if i wouldn't put it on my ears.

Strange...

Any Ideas? I allready upgraded and changed kernels :D

Guest scottpletcher
Having consistent problem on LeoGingerbread and Modaco r26 (GRI54). Whenever I try to install something from the Market, I download the package then upon install, my N1 freaks out and returns to the X screen, shortly after showing the lock screen with no network connection. Everything connects within a few seconds, but the Market install fails.

I did have the stalling X upon boot after flashing with the radio image, but removed battery, replaced and was able to boot fine.

Baseband: 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

Network: ATT

HBOOT: HBOOT-0.35.0017

Fixed the problem by doing a repartition of the SD Card. I was using the A2SD+ version and I guess something became screwy with permissions in the partitions. Repartitioned and all was well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dirk gently

Boy this is a bloody dead thread isn't it?

I am struggling with installation. I only get 50mb storage after installation. Any ideas?

Also i would like to have a kernel recommendation :D

Anyone?

Guest dirk gently
Boy this is a bloody dead thread isn't it?

I am struggling with installation. I only get 50mb storage after installation. Any ideas?

Also i would like to have a kernel recommendation :D

Anyone?

rebooting 3 (in letters THREE) times and doing a factory reset then solved my storage problem (i know this won't read anybody) B)

Guest hansolitario
rebooting 3 (in letters THREE) times and doing a factory reset then solved my storage problem (i know this won't read anybody) :)

Not a dead thread!! I come every week to see if some problems with the ROM has been solutioned. I didn't understand your problem:

Do you want to say that when you install the ROM you just get 50mb free and, to give a solution you made a three-times-reboot and you got the solution? WTF! And do you get the famous black screens? The "dead-phone"? I've used this ROM for 4 months and I changed to CM7 Stable. I like more the Desire port, but the CM7 is 100% STABLE...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chivaslopez14

hey there i need help when i try to install the rom to my nexus one it says

E: Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 405:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

installation aborted

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bonhomme

hi guys,

anybody getting network losses with this mod? I keep losing 3G and 2G connections, with T-Mobile UK, and I noticed it aswell with another Sense Mod (evil's NX Sense)

doesn't happen with any other mod.

any idea? fix? update?