22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest micromod777
Changelog

14/Sep 09:30 BST

• Added the 'Smooth' theme (without battery percentage), kindly contributed by Jercik.

Can you please make battery percentage available too in kitchen?

Ah, the good old random capacitive lights. Working fine here, DOH!

P

Any suggestions or ideas to get them to work. They always work when using a non-desire based ROM, but not on the desire based ROM's. They didn't work on the evil desire rom, but did work on you frg33 mcr rom.

Does this ROM launch the standard Android USB connect when plugged in or does it launch the HTC Sync interface on the phone? Does HTC Sync on the desktop recognize the phone and then connect to it?

Only one problem so far..

I can't get Wi-Fi Hotspot to work.

Already set security = none, Channel = 3

Laptop see the HotSpot, can connect but can't obtain IP.

Any hint ?

[same problem here]

Guest ChrisChros

Hello,

I have a problem with the trackball alert. When i click on automatic mode the app says the ROM is not known and can't flash. When i use the manuell mode and download the TA Framework i can't reboot because the phone hangs by the colered cross, so i have to flash again.

Can anyone help me?

Greets Chris

Edited by ChrisChros

Guest sonofabit

The flashlight (torch) does not seem to work correctly. Sometimes it turns on, though only at the lowest setting, while other times, not at all. Also, could you please include the new Gmail 2.2.1?

Thank you.

Hello,

I have a problem with the trackball alert. When i click on automatic mode the app says the ROM is not known and can't flash. When i use the manuell mode and download the TA Framework i can't reboot because the phone hangs by the colered cross, so i have to flash again.

Can anyone help me?

Greets Chris

Why are you trying to flash? Support is built in.

P

Guest khook1061

Really love your rom but I have two issues

1. Hot spot doesn't want to connect, my computer sees it but can't connect to it

2. When I put the phone on the wall charger after about 10 minutes the phone is unresponsive have to do a battery pull to get it back on.

I did do a full wipe, I even wiped the phone again and didn't put any apps on it plug it in and within 10 minutes the phone is unresponsive

Guest lilHermit
so that mean i have only to choose the color and that's all?

That is correct, the ROM is pre patched to work with Trackball Alert. Simply choose your colours and off you go.

If you have any issues send me a debug info email.

~

Guest ChrisChros
That is correct, the ROM is pre patched to work with Trackball Alert. Simply choose your colours and off you go.

If you have any issues send me a debug info email.

~

OK. THX for the help.

Guest sonofabit
Gmail 2.2.1 is included by default.

Torch is OK here, there is only one setting on the Nexus One version.

P

Ooops. Seemed different GMail version, but you're right. My apologies.

As for the torch, in Evils ROM, the torch had the 3 different brightness settings. I guess it's different in this one. Thanks for the response.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I too tested the WiFi Hotspot. When I manually selected a channel, my laptop could connect. However, I could not get out to the internet with it.

Edited by sonofabit

Ok here are my findings:

First of all general .... just excellent working rom. Snappy and smooth

Bluetooth : Nokia handset worked instantly. But my Renault car BT had issues in the first time. After connecting it restarted the phone part and i was tossed back to the animation. Thought this was wrong so i installed IR last kernel. Then the same happened a few times till i had no time to change it in travel and let the proces go. After the restart twice it connected to the cars BT and works excellent. Even better then the CM BT stack. Great really great work on this.

Only backset is the fact that the phone has no music controlls when its connected to BT car and when its dark its bad there are no lights on the keys at the bottom.

But all and all an excellent ROM thank you Paul thank you very much

Guest Nerds 2 You
Looking at pulling in some stuff from a new device that's about to be announced, watch this space. :lol:

P

and by that I am guessing he means the Desire HD and/or Desire Z scheduled for release tomorrow September 15 (look at the bottom of the page for some posts dated as September 15th)

Edited by Nerds 2 You