22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Nice Rom Paul. However, it's a bit laggy for me. I think primarily because it's using the 2.09 release as opposed to the newer 2.14 leak. Look forward to future updates. Thanks

Guest y2whisper
re: Calibrator, I downloaded this, extracted it, pushed the libsurfaceflinger.so file to /system/lib, rebooted, then installed the version 5 APK from here and it seemed to work fine...?

P

I get a frozen boot screen after I push the file over

Guest Stea1thmode
I thought I saw someone mention it but can't find. is chrome to phone working for anyone. can't get it to setup (unable to connect)

someone said unregister it then re-register again.

Guest y2whisper
someone said unregister it then re-register again.

It was simply registering that was the problem. apparently I had to put a post here for it to randomly work. now pages aren't being pushed so i will do the whole unregister/register method

EDIT

Still don't have links showing up. Have unregistered and re-registered. signed out of the app on chrome and signed back in.

Edited by y2whisper

Guest salamandar

Any reason im seeing only 19MB's free space but no memory warnings? I choose the a2sd+ (with cache being moved), when I go into a terminal no a2sd options seems to work so i assume your not using Dark's script. Am I doing something wrong? I have 1gb ext3 partition on my SD card and only 150 apps (including system apps) installed, no way they take up 1gb.

P.S. I am also unable to get my wireless hotspot to start, it says starting then reverts back to an unchecked box even though i can see the icon in the status bar, when searching for any signal with a laptop the SSID I choose does not appear.

Edited by salamandar

Hi y'all. Nice to see some familiar names here.

Paul, nice rom. Only been playing with it for a few minutes, but so far so good. Would like to over-clock, not a necessity though.

My biggest complaint with this (also eViL's port) is the way the call history works. In the standard N1 dialer, when google voice intercepts outbound calls, the recent call list still shows the number that you dial. With the desire port/htc contacts app, it actually shows the number that google voice intercepts to. It does show the contact name, however....just not the right number. This is mainly an issue for numbers that aren't in your contacts....you go looking for the number you thought you dialed, but it's not there.

I've tried taking a look at the smali code in contacts, but I'm not 100% certain that's where the fix is. I'm pretty new to this kind of thing, so I don't really know what I'm looking at for sure anyway. But if you have some time, or perhaps know right off the top of your head how/where HtcContacts.apk pulls the recent call list is could you look at it?

Thanks

Looking at pulling in some stuff from a new device that's about to be announced, watch this space. :lol:

P

Nice! Can't Wait!! Been running r24 since you released it and been updating as you add things, haven't had any issues so far! Completely worth the wait!!! Thanks Paul!!!

I'm having a similar issue as someone else - after being on the charger for a few minutes, the phone totally locks up with lag and I have to pull the battery to get it to run smoothly again.

I had the same issue with eViL's v1.15. I baked my ROM with A2SD+ - I have an EXT3 partition on my SD Card. Thinking it was the memory card (and switching between eViL and CM6 and now r24 I wiped everything 2x, copied everything on my SD card (That's visible when connected with USB) to a folder on my desktop, then booted into clockworkmod and used the 'mounts and storage' area to format everything it would let me. Then I wiped everything (cache, dalvik, etc) again, mounted the card, drug all my folders back to my memory card, and re-installed.

I have about 70 apps that I had backed up with Titanium, so I booted once, restored those, then booted again and logged into my Google account, giving it time to re-sync and all that jazz. It was working pretty cleanly after that, but now it's doing the same thing.

When I press power/trackball to wake, I get the unlock screen after a ~3-5 second delay, and it lags too much for me to even slide the slider down. Sometimes I'm able to get it after a few dozen tries, but usually I end up just pulling the battery. Since I use an Otterbox Commuter case (rubber+plastic) this is quite a hassle to do.

Any suggestions? I have a nandroid from when it was working fine after all that, and your kitchen *finally* gives me what I've wanted (desire status bar + htc camera on froyo), so I'd *really* like to figure out wtf is going on.

Guest TariqGibran

So far, this rom seems very solid. The only thing that is a must have for me and I can't seem to load is DSP manager (music equalizer). When I try to flash the app, I get a failure at line 9 message so I think it's trying to put it into a different directory perhaps. It would be awesome if you could include this in the rom.

http://bel.fi/~alankila/android-dsp/

Guest y2whisper

I apologize for all the seperate posts, a bit of a n00b when it comes to desire roms. it seems that the data connection has a delay in initializing, I get a lot of timeouts in the market, listen and the browser, a couple of retries and it kicks back in. wanted to see if there something I could change to fix that. the build prop seems to be the same as I had it with CM6.

I apologize for all the seperate posts, a bit of a n00b when it comes to desire roms. it seems that the data connection has a delay in initializing, I get a lot of timeouts in the market, listen and the browser, a couple of retries and it kicks back in. wanted to see if there something I could change to fix that. the build prop seems to be the same as I had it with CM6.

Over on XDA there is a market fix thread that you should check out. Not at the computer to be able to link to it now but I know it has helped many with this issue.

Guest y2whisper
Over on XDA there is a market fix thread that you should check out. Not at the computer to be able to link to it now but I know it has helped many with this issue.

I am familiar with the market fix, but this goes along with all programs that need to access the 3g data connection. Dropbox just gave me a number of timeouts as well.

Guest Stea1thmode
So far, this rom seems very solid. The only thing that is a must have for me and I can't seem to load is DSP manager (music equalizer). When I try to flash the app, I get a failure at line 9 message so I think it's trying to put it into a different directory perhaps. It would be awesome if you could include this in the rom.

http://bel.fi/~alankila/android-dsp/

What method are you using?

extract DSP manager from the latest nightly (or wherever you can find it) and push it using a file explorer.

What method are you using?

extract DSP manager from the latest nightly (or wherever you can find it) and push it using a file explorer.

That won't work. DSP is not compatible with Sense ROMs, and will never be, due to modifications in the libs by HTC.

I tried to port it, but it didn't work.

Guest Stea1thmode
That won't work. DSP is not compatible with Sense ROMs, and will never be, due to modifications in the libs by HTC.

I tried to port it, but it didn't work.

Not tried it on this tho,

I had it running on eVIL's sense ROM all day. :lol: :) :(

edit: are you saying it wont run or the app runs but is not functional?

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest Stea1thmode
I bet it didn't modify the sound at all.

hhmmm, that's what i was thinking. I didn't tested it properly to tell the truth,

I just assumed it was working because the app was running fine :lol:

BTW. nice hat

Edited by Stea1thmode

hhmmm, that's what i was thinking. I didn't tested it properly to tell the truth,

I just assumed it was working because the app was running fine :lol:

BTW. nice hat

See what I meant :)

Just wanted to report that in Settings->About Phone->Phone Identity it says HTC Desire... I thought this was checked against some internal chip or something that would reflect it's a Nexus One...

Paul, I wanted to ask... is this ROM based on the FRF or the FRG release? I see you post FRG bits, or something like that, so it's not completely FRG, but is indeed 2.2 ... yeah it's kinda confusing :lol:

Also I wanted to share that, the Desk Clock doesn't start itself when docked... I don't know if that is becaused this is a ROM for another phone and a compatibility issue or this could be fixed.

Another EDIT:

This time I baked a ROM selecting Google E-Mail app (not Gmail) and deselected the HTC E-Mail app. When flashed and starting the app, the HTC one is installed instead of the Google one. I also selected Google contacts, but not deselected the HTC one, and all that I have is the HTC one.

Edited by KaCeX