22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tehgeekguy
Yeah because mine don't also. Wonder whats the reason fro it

Mine doesn't work either, but as a workaround, I installed autostart and put the following script (yanked from evil's Rom) in /data/opt

#!/system/bin/sh

while [ true ]; do

if [ `cat /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0066/leds/button-backlight/subsystem/lcd-backlight/brightness` -ne 0 ]; then

echo 255 > /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0066/leds/button-backlight/brightness;

fi;

sleep 2;

done

&

Works as a viable workaround for the time being.

After a FULL wipe I flashed the rom but i didn't install any appz & I only have 124mb with A2SD+!! I should have closer to 165mb like on evil's rom. I have a lot of appz (300+) as I test them for a friends to write reviews about them. Is there any way you could look in to that so the rom could be usable for people who like appz!

TIA

Peace & love

Very nice work, Paul! A friend suggested this and I fell in love with it. I joined the website and paid for a year just so I could try this out. So far, everything is working great. My only issue is that it takes forever and a day to boot on my Nexus One. Other than that, everything is perfect.

Edited by jetrii

OK, so I rebuilt another rom with a2sd enabled, so I'm doing much better now. Had a couple hangups viewing the HTC gallery app, but bumping setCPU down to 1113 took care of that. (1228's pushing it anyway)

This time I also installed the google contacts app, in the hopes that the call history would correctly display the number I dialed, NOT the google voice intercept number.....no go. On this rom both contact apps behave the same. I'm gonna keep digging around with it until someone gets a fix I guess....

Guest ChrisSpera

I've noticed that with Car Home baked in (Car Panel removed) that Car Home will NOT activate the BT speaker and microphone when my N1 is inserted into the Car Dock. In fact, BT doesn't activate automatically at all. When you tap the Settings square in Car Home to open Settings to configure settings for the Dock, you can't... The Dock section is missing from the Settings dialog. Is it possible to put it [back] in? Without these settings, you may as well take Car Home out of the kitchen, as you really can't use the app without being able to configure settings for it and the hardware.

This is a good ROM, though, despite that... Great work, Paul!

Edited by ChrisSpera

Guest micromod777
Mine doesn't work either, but as a workaround, I installed autostart and put the following script (yanked from evil's Rom) in /data/opt

#!/system/bin/sh

while [ true ]; do

if [ `cat /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0066/leds/button-backlight/subsystem/lcd-backlight/brightness` -ne 0 ]; then

echo 255 > /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0066/leds/button-backlight/brightness;

fi;

sleep 2;

done

&

Works as a viable workaround for the time being.

Sweet. Where exactly did you put the script in Paul's Desire Port to make it work?

Guest tehgeekguy

autostart.sh.txt

Sweet. Where exactly did you put the script in Paul's Desire Port to make it work?

make an autostart.sh script and put it in /data/opt/ then do a reboot. On boot, it should ask for superuser privileges, allow it and the soft key lights should come on.

I attached the script. Just rename it to .sh and throw it in /data/opt/.

Edited by tehgeekguy

Guest micromod777
autostart.sh.txt

make an autostart.sh script and put it in /data/opt/ then do a reboot. On boot, it should ask for superuser privileges, allow it and the soft key lights should come on.

Man, don't know why but still a no go! I bet I have to tweek the settings on that script, but don't know what I'd have to change.

Guest prgopala
I only noticed this issue when dynamic range compression is enabled with regard to music. I ended up just leaving that option off and only using the equalizer.

Once you have used a properly working eq on the N1, it's hard to use a rom without it as it makes such a huge difference when listing to music. I really hope it makes it into this great rom.

Ok... so i got DSP working on this ROM.. Followed the below thread.. works like a charm.. again i have kept compression disabled.. but atleast i got some EQ for music

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=783737

Guest ChrisChros

Hi Paul,

is there any posibility to get the battery percentage on the status bar for this ROM?

Or do you know if i can use this mod from xda developers without destroying the ROM?

Greets Chris

Guest duderuud
Hi Paul,

is there any posibility to get the battery percentage on the status bar for this ROM?

Or do you know if i can use this mod from xda developers without destroying the ROM?

Greets Chris

You can use these files (install with recovery), works perfectly. I use rectangle myself.

The mods have the same color as the rest of the items (time, reception, etc).

Hi Paul,

Greets Chris

Or THIS site should work as well. I've used it before with other framework-res files, however I pefer to use apktool myself. But the site works, and works well.

Guest ChrisChros
Or THIS site should work as well. I've used it before with other framework-res files, however I pefer to use apktool myself. But the site works, and works well.

THX pendo,

it looks realy great.

Guest cbr600f98
I've noticed that with Car Home baked in (Car Panel removed) that Car Home will NOT activate the BT speaker and microphone when my N1 is inserted into the Car Dock. In fact, BT doesn't activate automatically at all. When you tap the Settings square in Car Home to open Settings to configure settings for the Dock, you can't... The Dock section is missing from the Settings dialog. Is it possible to put it [back] in? Without these settings, you may as well take Car Home out of the kitchen, as you really can't use the app without being able to configure settings for it and the hardware.

This is a good ROM, though, despite that... Great work, Paul!

Same problem with my Google car dock and n1+Modaco R24 (fantastic rom paul).........will be possible in future?

Edited by cbr600f98

Guest y2whisper
Great ROM, but damn it's huge...... space was out almost straight away when restoring my apps (no apps2sd) :lol:

yeah reboot before you restore your apps, took me a couple of tries before i read that in the first couple of posts.

OK.. great rom... ive been using the r23 and evilD 1.11 rom as my daily roms and they all work fine. But the recent roms of both evil and modaco cause my phone to freeze after a few hrs of working, no buttons worked, had to yank the battery out and only then it came back to life. I had a logcat running through usb and even it froze... without any error messages... I have absolutely no idea whts going on.. i love this rom.. I know my hardware is fine as i have been running CM6 successfully for the past 48+hrs now with no freeze.

Here is my logcat just before it froze

logcat.txt

autostart.sh.txt

Android noob question. When I mount my phone to the PC I can only access the SD Card and when I try to copy the script using ASTRO file manager it won't let me copy it to the /data directory. I know it's probably something very simple, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Very experienced with windows mobile and iphones, but still new to Android. Thanks in advance.

autostart.sh.txt

I pushed the file to /data/opt and made it 755 but it never starts on reboot.

Though when i run the file in terminal it works and makes my lights on so i wonder if its on the right place when you have a2sd+