[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

Guest MarcusHenrique
I'm so sad to inform you that I lost an sms... I was testing angry birds (works flawlessly btw, menu icons are just a tad to big) and I told my gf to send me an sms... I didn't get it. I exited the game 3 minutes later and started the Messaging app and I couldn't find the sms (I thought that maybe the notification didn't show up when I was playing). Then I told my gf to send another one, and I received that one immidiately...

How'd you managed to install angry birds? I've tried everything. Normal method returns "App not installed", unmounting sd and installing thru adb returns "Insufficient Storage" or "Un-something Media". Even though I have more than 22mb of free phone space.

Thanks, MH.

Guest Fusion0306
How'd you managed to install angry birds? I've tried everything. Normal method returns "App not installed", unmounting sd and installing thru adb returns "Insufficient Storage" or "Un-something Media". Even though I have more than 22mb of free phone space.

Thanks, MH.

Flibb said that you have to unmount the sd card in settings. I did that and I installed angry birds from my pc using android commander

Guest MarcusHenrique
Flibb said that you have to unmount the sd card in settings. I did that and I installed angry birds from my pc using android commander

I've unmounted it in settings but still didn't work with adb installation. I'll try to install using android commander now, thanks!

Guest Fusion0306
I've unmounted it in settings but still didn't work with adb installation. I'll try to install using android commander now, thanks!

But you're missing the point!! I lost an sms! :lol:

I'm so sad to inform you that I lost an sms... I was testing angry birds (works flawlessly btw, menu icons are just a tad to big) and I told my gf to send me an sms... I didn't get it. I exited the game 3 minutes later and started the Messaging app and I couldn't find the sms (I thought that maybe the notification didn't show up when I was playing). Then I told my gf to send another one, and I received that one immidiately...

Angry Birds uses up a hell of a lot of ram.. probably caused the messaging system to be pushed out of ram.

Guest Fusion0306
Angry Birds uses up a hell of a lot of ram.. probably caused the messaging system to be pushed out of ram.

I'm not a "heavy" gamer... But I hope this won't happen again when using some other apps

Guest MarcusHenrique

Android commander uses adb commands, so I had the same reply:

[1/1] Installing app: angryb_s.apk

pkg: /data/local/tmp/angryb_s.apk

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

953 KB/s (12325523 bytes in 12.626s)

Guest Fusion0306
Android commander uses adb commands, so I had the same reply:

[1/1] Installing app: angryb_s.apk

pkg: /data/local/tmp/angryb_s.apk

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

953 KB/s (12325523 bytes in 12.626s)

Sorry, don't know how to help you...

Flibb, would the logcat log the exact moment that the sms app is killed? or the sms is missed? or anything? :lol:

Guest Fusion0306
It's a question i'd like to be answered, i mean i want to know this for me :lol:

This is a thread about froyo FLB. and the other part of your question is if you have to flash froyo first?

I don't understand... but here is "your answer"

You just have to have the official UK 2.1 installed. and the custom recovery. than you can flash this one

Guest Fusion0306
Download the ROM and the optional Google Apps if required. Flash the ROM first using Clockworkmod Recovery, followed by the Google Apps. Please allow several minutes during the first boot for the phone to set itself up. After a reboot it'll run optimally.

Flibb? could you edit the instructions so that there will not be any more "no incoming calls and no lockscreen" problems? :lol:

Something like:

Download the ROM and the optional Google Apps if required. Flash the ROM first using Clockworkmod Recovery, let the phone boot***, reboot in recovery, then flash Google Apps.

***Please allow several minutes during the first boot for the phone to set itself up. After a reboot it'll run optimally.

Ignore this if before mentioned problem was not caused by that (if the problem was the wrong version of google apps)

EDIT: Now I noticed that you wrote a warning next to the gapps link (to only download tiny mdpi version)

I guess that the bigger mdpi version was to blame for the problem.

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest stealthstealer
To enable jit you just simply remove the line or comment it out with a #. Android has JIT support built in so it'll use this when no variable has been set in the build.prop

so i just get rid of all the stuff in the build.prop to do with JIT?

at the moment it says something like "#JIT is disabled on older devices...dalvik.vm=fast END OF JIT#", do i just delete all of that or what?

It's a question i'd like to be answered, i mean i want to know this for me :lol:

If you can flash custom 2.1 roms to your phone then you can flash this froyo.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Fusion0306
Where do I check if swap is working fine ????

Go into Terminal emulator app on your phone and type "su" (enter) and "free" (enter)

If the number next to "swap" is 0, then it doesn't work

in the new clock app on Froyo, the weather data can't be fetched - seeing network error message?

same here, it doesnt seem to pick up location from the wifi network at all either, at least not for me, never shows up on the google homepage or anything else, gps works fine though.

And yes the option for wifi network postioning thingy is on in settings

same here, it doesnt seem to pick up location from the wifi network at all either, at least not for me, never shows up on the google homepage or anything else, gps works fine though.

And yes the option for wifi network postioning thingy is on in settings

working if you set location manually

Guest MarcusHenrique

Hey guys, somehow my gallery started to behave almost normally after I run swapper 2.

No more glitches when rotating.

Just the folders previews went blank when rotating, like this:

snap20100916182408.png