[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

Does ''video playback'' include videos in the Youtube app?

Is that a serious question? :lol:

Yes, youtube is affected also as it uses the standard video player. And, because I know somebody will ask, it makes no difference if you use another player. There is no working copybits in the rom.

can't seem to unistall amazon mp3 - uninstall button greyedout?

yes, it is in the system partition. remove it from/system/app with root explorer, via adb or terminal emulator.

so i just get rid of all the stuff in the build.prop to do with JIT?

at the moment it says something like "#JIT is disabled on older devices...dalvik.vm=fast END OF JIT#", do i just delete all of that or what?

Edit the line "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast" and comment it out with a hash symbol. Or delete it. But it's easier to just comment it out so you can easily turn jit off if it causes problems.

yes, it is in the system partition. remove it from/system/app with root explorer, via adb or terminal emulator.

hi

what do you mean by "via adb or terminal emulator"

i can't just delete the apk in system/app using root explorer?

Guest Fusion0306
Yeah you can use root explorer.

Can I set the partition to swap:32 and ext:0? Just tried it and the swap didn't work when I flashed the rom

Edited by Fusion0306

Can I set the partition to swap:32 and ext:0? Just tried it and the swap didn't work when I flashed the rom

I believe that's because almost all swap scripts expect there to be an ext2 partition on the SD, so the swap is always assumed to be the third partition on the SD.

Guest pandinusimp
You three need to open a bug report at http://github.com/pulse-android-dev/device...ei_pulse/issues and include as much information about this issue as you can. A copy of the phone logs whilst you are trying to connect to the network will help also. Use alogcat if you are unable to use the Android SDK.

Now i know what the problem was. It's the Mac adress. This ROM gives a different Mac adress as in the 2.1 ROM. I just checked the Mac adress with my Mac Filter List on my Router. That's it! I don't know why this ROM has a different Mac adress as the other ROM. Every ROM that i installed before the FROYO ROM has the same MAC adress.

Iv found that if you make any adjustments in clockwork recovery through mass storage i,e copy files to sd, after unmount the files dont show up, I copyed zip files but when I went to apply them they was not there, I had to reboot recovery and then they were there.

Now i know what the problem was. It's the Mac adress. This ROM gives a different Mac adress as in the 2.1 ROM. I just checked the Mac adress with my Mac Filter List on my Router. That's it! I don't know why this ROM has a different Mac adress as the other ROM. Every ROM that i installed before the FROYO ROM has the same MAC adress.

I'll look into this. I need to install 2.1 on my phone to check something out first.

Edit: Wasn't what I thought, but I found out that the WiFi MAC address isn't the right one. Bluetooth is correct though.

The MAC address froyo sets for my wifi is 00:18:82:82:20:01

is this the same one you have?

Edited by flibblesan

Guest AdamBaker
I'll look into this. I need to install 2.1 on my phone to check something out first.

Edit: Wasn't what I thought, but I found out that the WiFi MAC address isn't the right one. Bluetooth is correct though.

It's certainly the same one I have and router filtering is why mine didn't work. In FLB 1.5 my WiFi MAC is one more than my BT one.

Guest pandinusimp

That's the mac adress that i have. Right!

Another question. Is it possible to integrate the Huawei launcher from the pulse mini? I love it to have not only sideways screens.

Edited by pandinusimp

OK I think this is wired, I screwed up my first flash of this rom by restoreing some apps using titanium backup, all my apps were restored ok and worked but I must of screwed up some sysytem settings as my wifi stoped working cause it couldnt find my router or any access points, I tried a few things to get it back but couldnt so I decided to start from scratch, I wiped everything listed with wipe and formated sd, copied the ROM zip file and Google zip back to sd flashed the Rom and rebooted, after bootup I checked the drawer to see apps but drawer was empty NO! apps but rest of the phone was ok so I rebooted, this time after bootup I checked drawer again all apps were there including apps that I restored earlyer with titanum :lol: but I wiped everything???? and wifi is working again.

That's the mac adress that i have. Right!

Ok. That's a sign that it's either hard-coded somewhere or it's a fall-back. Tom might have hard coded a mac address in the past when trying to fix wifi.

OK I think this is wired, I screwed up my first flash of this rom by restoreing some apps using titanium backup, all my apps were restored ok and worked but I must of screwed up some sysytem settings as my wifi stoped working cause it couldnt find my router or any access points, I tried a few things to get it back but couldnt so I decided to start from scratch, I wiped everything listed with wipe and formated sd, copied the ROM zip file and Google zip back to sd flashed the Rom and rebooted, after bootup I checked the drawer to see apps but drawer was empty NO! apps but rest of the phone was ok so I rebooted, this time after bootup I checked drawer again all apps were there including apps that I restored earlyer with titanum :lol: but I wiped everything???? and wifi is working again.

Is strange but not really anything to worry about. Most likely the wipe didnt wipe anything. What did you use to wipe?

Is strange but not really anything to worry about. Most likely the wipe didnt wipe anything. What did you use to wipe?

Clockworkmod recovery I wiped Data/factory cache partition/ and in advance option- wiped Dalvik cache and battery and in partitions menu- format sdcard, Im not worryied I was just suprised to see the apps I thought I deleted still there :lol:

Clockworkmod recovery I wiped Data/factory cache partition/ and in advance option- wiped Dalvik cache and battery and in partitions menu- format sdcard, Im not worryied I was just suprised to see the apps I thought I deleted still there :lol:

hm.. maybe clockwork didn't wipe them properly

So you restored things from 2.1? If /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf (i think that is the path) is restored from 2.1 then your wifi will fail as the ctrl_interface is different. Deleting the file should cause it to be recreated with correct settings (but you will need to setup your ap again).

Ok. That's a sign that it's either hard-coded somewhere or it's a fall-back. Tom might have hard coded a mac address in the past when trying to fix wifi.

I haven't done anything but maybe android always hardcodes MACs? Did everyone get the same MAC in 2.1?

So you restored things from 2.1? If /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf (i think that is the path) is restored from 2.1 then your wifi will fail as the ctrl_interface is different. Deleting the file should cause it to be recreated with correct settings (but you will need to setup your ap again).

I haven't done anything but maybe android always hardcodes MACs? Did everyone get the same MAC in 2.1?

Never had this issue with 2.1 as my MAC had always been the one listed inside the battery cover.

Hey fibble, sorry if already answered but I wonder if there is different app for the contacts, cause the one in 2.2 screwed up my contacts.

I wrote a message to my brother but it gave me different name and picture.

I checked the contacts later and it seemed that all contacts have been messed up.

Tnx and sorry again if already answered.

Edited by D-D-