[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

• 4 weeks later...
Development of FLB-Mod 2 has be cancelled. All future developments will be carried out on the Cyanogenmod 6 port.

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...port-for-pulse/

This is a shame - the CM6 mod doesnt have the blistering speed only FLB2 has been able to provide. I can't work out whether I want speed or getting wifi, camera etc back. CM6 isn't without its bugs :)

Edited by KenBW2

• 1 month later...
Guest AntonioPT
it's so pity that the development of this ROM has been abandoned I hope fliblle will change his mind and help in development of the Froyo but I only hope

Fibblesan doesn't even have a Pulse anymore. Besides, CM 0.40 is way better than any other Froyo ROM.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest superbrundlefly

Hi,

Is it possible to install this using the method in the official 2.1 guide e.g. copy image to dload directory on sd card then turn on phone with POWER + RED (End Call) + VOLUME UP? I'm asking as I'm unable to root my phone (device not recognised anymore by adb for some reason)

Thanks

v2.0 alpha 3 - 15th September 2010 Latest Release

Features:

- Build FRF91 compiled from the Pulse Froyo repo (with thanks to Tom G)

- 2.6.29 kernel compiled from the Huawei/T-Mobile UK source code

- Swap support added to the kernel. Enabled on boot by A2SD

- Darktremor A2SD 2.7.5 rc3 added to the ROM and enabled on boot.

- Correct market fingerprint. Protected apps showing in the Android Market (optional)

- Completely stock Android experience - the way it should be

Installation Instructions:

Backup your current ROM then copy it to your computer. Wipe your phone fully after.

Download the ROM and the optional Google Apps if required. Flash the ROM first using Clockworkmod Recovery, followed by the Google Apps. Please allow several minutes during the first boot for the phone to set itself up. After a reboot it'll run optimally.

If you have any issues with swap then you can disable this by opening the terminal and typing su then pressing return, then typing a2sd noswap pressing return after.

Download: flbmod_v2.0alpha3.zip Mirror (45.9 MB) MD5 888E3CF1DD821706E9997BF6196D2CD9

Download: Optional Google Apps (download tiny MDPI version only)

Any issues should be reported in the Android 2.2 Discussion Thread or on the Pulse github account.

Guest Fusion0306
Hi,

Is it possible to install this using the method in the official 2.1 guide e.g. copy image to dload directory on sd card then turn on phone with POWER + RED (End Call) + VOLUME UP? I'm asking as I'm unable to root my phone (device not recognised anymore by adb for some reason)

Thanks

It's not possible... And don't comment on dead threads.

There are a lot of roms that are rooted and what-not

Read the guide.

Guest superbrundlefly
It's not possible... And don't comment on dead threads.

There are a lot of roms that are rooted and what-not

Read the guide.

The problem is that my bootloader appears to broken so, from what I understand, I can't install any custom roms.

Guest Fusion0306
The problem is that my bootloader appears to broken so, from what I understand, I can't install any custom roms.

Bootloader??

Dude, read the guide!

Then you'll know what bootloader and recovery are

Guest superbrundlefly
Bootloader??

Dude, read the guide!

Then you'll know what bootloader and recovery are

I've read the guide. You power the phone on with RED (End call) + VOLUME DOWN to enter the blue screen - this is the bootloader, no? Anyway whatever you want to call it, my device isn't been seen over USB anymore at this stage which means I can't load anything from my PC, e.g. a recovery image.

Also there's extra info in the blue screen that I wasn't seeing before e.g.

ptn 0 name='boot' start=304 len=20

ptn 1 name='system' start=324 len=800

Just noticed others with the same problem: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...p/#entry1302908

Edited by superbrundlefly

Guest JimJam707
I've read the guide. You power the phone on with RED (End call) + VOLUME DOWN to enter the blue screen - this is the bootloader, no? Anyway whatever you want to call it, my device isn't been seen over USB anymore at this stage which means I can't load anything from my PC, e.g. a recovery image.

Also there's extra info in the blue screen that I wasn't seeing before e.g.

ptn 0 name='boot' start=304 len=20

ptn 1 name='system' start=324 len=800

Just noticed others with the same problem: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...p/#entry1302908

Root it with a root app (Z4Root) and install Clockwork Mod with RomManager.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest nonesenze

i hope this isn´t a dead topic now.... anyone still working on this rom?

i managed to get the 2.1 and got root, when i tryed to get apps2d, my sd card wont show up in windows 7, no mater what recovery i do and rom manager, it just wont show up in my PC

hope you continue this 2.2 thing and make it work

last time i used FLB 1.7 and phone just got endless force close when ever i did stuff (didn´t really like it) so i tryed to root 2.1 myself... got as far as the apps 2 sd ... then the sd wont show up on my pc, no mater how i partition it

that can be a BIG problem cuz i cant put updates, dload folder or nothting in it

Guest AntonioPT
i hope this isn´t a dead topic now.... anyone still working on this rom?

i managed to get the 2.1 and got root, when i tryed to get apps2d, my sd card wont show up in windows 7, no mater what recovery i do and rom manager, it just wont show up in my PC

hope you continue this 2.2 thing and make it work

last time i used FLB 1.7 and phone just got endless force close when ever i did stuff (didn´t really like it) so i tryed to root 2.1 myself... got as far as the apps 2 sd ... then the sd wont show up on my pc, no mater how i partition it

that can be a BIG problem cuz i cant put updates, dload folder or nothting in it

Yup, this is a dead topic and a dead ROM. We have CyanogenMod 6 now, and it's much better than this.

Try partitioning your SD card from an Ubuntu Live CD (using GParted).

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Roger Barnett

I think you've got that the wrong way around, holding back should bring up recent apps. Because of the kernel modification it is impossible to hold back (after a set time its keycode changes to home). I haven't looked at the 2.6.29 code, but if it is the same as 2.6.27 it should be easy to remove the home function and have it function like a normal back button (and we can change the default of red to home). The problem then is you will have no home key during a call (red will hang up).

I don't think the dual function of the power button was a kernel mod (which is strange, why do one in the kernel and the other in android), but we may be able to add an extra function to it.

Was a solution to this ever found? I'm running Android 2.2.1 - CyanogenMod-plus-Pulse and I'm missing the 'Recent applications' menu Item. Have tried googling and searching the forum but found nothing

Roger

• 3 weeks later...

i cant see market application or file manager coud u pls tell me how to install market application thanks

Look up above for the posts that explain that this is a dead rom. It has been superseded by the CM6 roms (Froyo).

Clicking on the link in my signature for rom installation problems might help you understand the problem you are having (but I don't promise anything).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...