[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

Guest AntonioPT
Whats up with this??

First try to post only the needed info... I mean we don't need your failed 'cd's and 'command not found's :( And post it between code brackets, it's easier to read :)

Are you using a EXT3/4 partition? IIRC fibble said that the kernel would be too big with support for those enabled. If not, reboot. Sometimes it helps a lot :lol:

i must say that apart from being a very good 2.2 starting base, the market WORKS (and everything elese along with JIT) with this rom for change, THANKS FLIB!!! :lol:

Edited by flip360

Guest AntonioPT
i must say that apart from being a very good 2.2 starting base, the market WORKS (and everything elese along with JIT) with this rom for change, THANKS FLIB!!! :)

+1

BTW, I am getting more market apps on FLB 2 than on any 2.1 I ever tried :lol:

Edited by AntonioPT

Guest stealthstealer
i must say that apart from being a very good 2.2 starting base, the market WORKS (and everything elese along with JIT) with this rom for change, THANKS FLIB!!! :lol:

is JIT stable? and worth turning on? does it really speed things up?

Guest AntonioPT

I just enabled JIT on the build.prop and the first thing I noticed was boot time. It was like 30 seconds :lol:

Guest Epic-Emodude

Sorry to be a pain if this has been asked before:

I have flashed this ROM and partitioned the SD card to have an A2SD partition (ext) and a Swap partition. How do I enable A2SD and Swap or are they already enabled?

Guest AntonioPT

I have flashed this ROM and partitioned the SD card to have an A2SD partition (ext) and a Swap partition. How do I enable A2SD and Swap or are they already enabled?

IIRC a2sd and swap are automatically enabled on boot.

Should be already enabled. In Terminal Emulator, enter:

su

then

a2sd check

That should give the status, and confirm that both are enabled.

I've got a couple of minor issues:

1. The screen always rotates when entering menus (e.g. Settings) when when the phone is upright.

2. The phone seems unable to find it's location from the mobile network (it thought I was in Paris for a while, which I'm not!).

Anybody seeing these issues, or got any ideas to fix them?

Thanks.

Ok, just Wiped everything and reinstalled, Wi-Fi still having connectivity problems.

Quite annoying, as no one else seems to be having this problem.

I followed all the instructions, and normaly they are enough to get me through.

So anyone, advice?

Thanks.

same here...

just tried the rom for the first time,did a full wipe and installed through amonra recovery.

Can't connect to my router (WPA2/AES) and it can't read the contacts from my sim card...told me there weren't any. :lol:

Just flashed a backup again and the contacts are all there again.

Edited by _sin_

Guest Epic-Emodude
Should be already enabled. In Terminal Emulator, enter:

su

then

a2sd check

That should give the status, and confirm that both are enabled.

Awesome thanx!

And im loving FroYo, even if it doesnt all work, enough of it works to make it usable for me, and it seems stable. Thanx Flibblesan and TOM G

Works just fine here, i got an 3.812 in Linpack and the phone is...well, this is not the pulse i have known, froyo transformed it into workable piece of hardware ALL THANKS TO OUR DEVS.

On being stable, give me a day or two and i`ll let you know :lol:

cheers

Edited by flip360

Can someone help me find a way to install an app from my sd card without the use of a file manager (because there isn't bloody one, grr) please?!

edit: or even better, would someone mind creating a flashable zip with a file manager in please?

Edited by Willz

Guest AntonioPT
Can someone help me find a way to install an app from my sd card without the use of a file manager (because there isn't bloody one, grr) please?!

edit: or even better, would someone mind creating a flashable zip with a file manager in please?

If you have access to a computer, use adb.

Why don't you just go to the market and install Astro/other file manager?

Tried that, then had to download SDK, in which upon installation, I have to install over 70mb of updates, which I can't do now because my internet is capped so it would download like dial-up speeds. D:

Why don't you just go to the market and install Astro/other file manager?

Because, I have no G/3G connection until I can install my APN Backup & Restore app to restore my APN settings, as typing them in manually doesn't work for some reason.

Edited by Willz

Guest Fusion0306
Tried that, then had to download SDK, in which upon installation, I have to install over 70mb of updates, which I can't do now because my internet is capped so it would download like dial-up speeds. D:

Because, I have no G/3G connection until I can install my APN Backup & Restore app to restore my APN settings, as typing them in manually doesn't work for some reason.

Too bad.. Great app, imho

Guest AntonioPT

I just downloaded the SDK zip with 16 or so MB, then went to the tools directory, and ran adb from there, no installing updates...

I just downloaded the SDK zip with 16 or so MB, then went to the tools directory, and ran adb from there, no installing updates...

Well, I can cancel the updates, but have no idea what to do next. Whenever I open Android Commander, it says SDK isn't installed.