[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

Maybe a noob question but how multitasking is done on froyo.....sense there is no "recent app" when you press power button :lol:?

Hm, that should be there as a standard Froyo feature.. but it's not. Tom?

Update. Seems in this was removed from the power switch and now a long press of the home key is suppose to bring this up. It doesn't on our phone.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest pavlis42

and what about usb/wifi froyo tether?, it is important for me (more then camera), i am using tel as a modem on unix/win machines every day and with 2.1 there is no ideal solution

and what about usb/wifi froyo tether?, it is important for me (more then camera), i am using tel as a modem on unix/win machines every day and with 2.1 there is no ideal solution

It is known not to work.

Hm, that should be there as a standard Froyo feature.. but it's not. Tom?

Isn't recent apps meant to be when you hold back, which we don't get because of a kernel modification to put back and home on the same button. Or should it also appear as an option on the power menu?

Now that we have the kernel source we should be able to add second functions to some other buttons similar to the back/home setup.

Try wifi tethering with barnicle. The built-in froyo tethering says the wifi interface isn't supported. I'm not sure why.

I didn't know usb tethering doesn't work. Is this a new feature, or the old adb port forwarding?

Guest goce.nakov
Isn't recent apps meant to be when you hold back, which we don't get because of a kernel modification to put back and home on the same button. Or should it also appear as an option on the power menu?

Now that we have the kernel source we should be able to add second functions to some other buttons similar to the back/home setup.

Try wifi tethering with barnicle. The built-in froyo tethering says the wifi interface isn't supported. I'm not sure why.

I didn't know usb tethering doesn't work. Is this a new feature, or the old adb port forwarding?

On the Pulse recent apps always was been when you press and hold power button.

Might be able to fix this by editing the keymap.kl file

edit: maybe not.. kernel time.

In Froyo there should be tethering options in the Settings app. They aren't there.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest pavlis42

barnicle use ad-hoc mode and it couldnt be used for more devices as a standart AP mode. about usb tether, it is new feature in froyo, but i dont know what it is based on.

barnicle use ad-hoc mode and it couldnt be used for more devices as a standart AP mode. about usb tether, it is new feature in froyo, but i dont know what it is based on.

As far as I know the wifi driver doesn't support running as an AP, so if that is needed for the wifi tethering then I doubt it will ever work.

And JIT becomes unstable over time, rebooted my phone twice when it wasn't even being used. Now I've disabled JIT again the phone is fine.

i enabled JIT from yesterdays release of the ROM and no problems sofar, not a single reboot or fc. Wifi works with WPA2 and 3G, 2G also. Fast and responsive. I am using easytether and USB tethering works.

Edited by flip360

Guest goce.nakov
i enabled JIT from yesterdays release of the ROM and no problems sofar, not a single reboot or fc. Wifi works with WPA2 and 3G, 2G also. Fast and responsive.

Did you just deleted "#" signs from build.prop line, where it says something like "JIT is disabled bla bla"?

I had one restart not long after I put the ROM on. I was only in the menu's as well. Hasn't happened since. I also had to disable swap as it was making my phone super slow.

Apart from that it's all good.

Guest goce.nakov
I had one restart not long after I put the ROM on. I was only in the menu's as well. Hasn't happened since. I also had to disable swap as it was making my phone super slow.

Apart from that it's all good.

If your phone is slow...from Terminal Emulator set hip size to 24m

As far as I know the wifi driver doesn't support running as an AP, so if that is needed for the wifi tethering then I doubt it will ever work.

Barnacle works well, only you have to allow it to configure wpa supplicant itself - there is an option in it for that purpose.

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen

Until just a few minutes ago I had no problems with this MOD.

However al of a sudden my screen is stuck in LandScape Mode. :S :) :lol:

Only way of getting my screen back to portrait is unchecking the auto rotate setting.

But when I check the box again it immediately flips over to LandScape.