[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

sorry im to lazy to read all 24 pages

so im sorry if some one else has aksed that before

but when i press the end call buttom

i get a display timeout and dont get to my homescreens

whre can i find the solution please ?

Guest kallt_kaffe
We did try but they have been compiled to work with a .32 kernel and the U8150 kernel is too large to flash to our Pulses.

I'm tempted to try to get this to run on my U8100. Did you reuse the eclair libs for the hardware specific stuff? Like for example libaudio.so? Or did you find sources for some of the libs?

Guest DanWilson
did you installed flashable zip with google aps after install of Froyo?

Why can't we just include the gapps? I mean, at least include the market fix, that is almost impossible to do!

And if we had gapps in FLB 1, what's the difference here?

sorry im to lazy to read all 24 pages

so im sorry if some one else has aksed that before

but when i press the end call buttom

i get a display timeout and dont get to my homescreens

whre can i find the solution please ?

Open Spare Parts, change Red End key behavior, done.

Or install Dans Layout from the end of Epic-Emodude's thread.

Why can't we just include the gapps? I mean, at least include the market fix, that is almost impossible to do!

And if we had gapps in FLB 1, what's the difference here?

Open Spare Parts, change Red End key behavior, done.

Or install Dans Layout from the end of Epic-Emodude's thread.

For legal reasons.

Since 2.1 is released for pulse, we have the right to use Eclair gapps.

Froyo is not released officially, so there is no legal background to officially use gapps froyo version.

Google usually kindly asks modders to remove gapps from their mods if they violate this rule. And we don't want that.

The reason for it is that gapps is not open source, it is distributed to phone manufacturers under a closed license.

edit: And market works fine with flb2.0.

Edited by gusthy

Guest DanWilson
For legal reasons.

Since 2.1 is released for pulse, we have the right to use Eclair gapps.

Froyo is not released officially, so there is no legal background to officially use gapps froyo version.

Google usually kindly asks modders to remove gapps from their mods if they violate this rule. And we don't want that.

The reason for it is that gapps is not open source, it is distributed to phone manufacturers under a closed license.

edit: And market works fine with flb2.0.

What, like all apps and stuff?

You sure?

And thanks for answering that, I was always wondering how some ROMs (Pulse or not) had gapps and others didn't.. :lol:

What, like all apps and stuff?

You sure?

Yeah he's right. Google threatened Cyanogenmod with legal action when they distributed the roms with the Google apps included. Because they build Android from the AOSP legally they cannot include the Google apps. What they can do though is distribute them as a ZIP on a non-affiliated website and it's up to the user to install them. It's a loophole that Google haven't complained about.

If the ROM is based on an official phone ROM, and it's developed for the same device, then you can include the Google apps.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest DanWilson
Yeah he's right. Google threatened Cyanogenmod with legal action when they distributed the roms with the Google apps included. Because they build Android from the AOSP legally they cannot include the Google apps. What they can do though is distribute them as a ZIP on a non-affiliated website and it's up to the user to install them. It's a loophole that Google haven't complained about.

If the ROM is based on an official phone ROM, and it's developed for the same device, then you can include the Google apps.

Ah right. Explains everything.

I don't understand why Google care so much, but as long as I get my apps, I'm fine.

I still can't get that clock from the Screenshots thread working... :lol:

Ah right. Explains everything.

I don't understand why Google care so much, but as long as I get my apps, I'm fine.

I still can't get that clock from the Screenshots thread working... :lol:

Google is a software company that earns money by selling software.

It is that simple.

Guest DanWilson
Manufacturers pay Google a fee to be allowed to distribute the Google applications on the phones.

Wow.

What if it's a Google phone? Like the Nexus One? Did HTC pay Google then?

What they can do though is distribute them as a ZIP on a non-affiliated website and it's up to the user to install them. It's a loophole that Google haven't complained about.

As far as I know that isn't completely correct.

To distribute the google apps you must have a license to distribute them. Members of the Open Handset Alliance (which runs AOSP) are granted a license, but it doesn't come cheap. The compromise they came to with cyanogenmod was that the users should be allowed to extract the apps from their device running an official rom and reinstall the apps into the custom rom. As far as I know that is the only way that is really allowed. The downloadable zips aren't allowed, but as long as they aren't hosted by cyanogenmod it doesn't put their project as risk.

Manufacturers that use Android but are not members of the OHA can't use google apps (but can use the AOSP code since its open source).

I/cm	  ( 1089): Welcome to Android 2.2 / CyanogenMod-6.1.0-RC0-DS 

I/cm	  ( 1090):												 _  

I/cm	  ( 1091):  __ __ _ ___  _ _  __  ___  __ _ _  _  _  __  __)) 

I/cm	  ( 1092): ((_ \(/'((_( ((\( ((_)((_( (('((\( ((`1( ((_)((_(  

I/cm	  ( 1093):	  ))				 _)) 

I/cm	  ( 1094):

:lol: It boots.

I/cm ( 1090): _
I/cm ( 1091): __ __ _ ___ _ _ __ ___ __ _ _ _ _ __ __))
I/cm ( 1092): ((_ \(/'((_( ((\( ((_)((_( (('((\( ((`1( ((_)((_(
I/cm ( 1093): )) _))
I/cm ( 1094):[/code]

:lol: It boots.

Oo with what kernel?

Guest Fusion0306

I/cm	  ( 1090):												 _  

I/cm	  ( 1091):  __ __ _ ___  _ _  __  ___  __ _ _  _  _  __  __)) 

I/cm	  ( 1092): ((_ \(/'((_( ((\( ((_)((_( (('((\( ((`1( ((_)((_(  

I/cm	  ( 1093):	  ))				 _)) 

I/cm	  ( 1094):

B) It boots.

Here comes the "The release of the Pulse 2.1 HU update" - "The release of the Pulse 2.1 UK update" - "The development of the Pulse 2.2 by Tom G" - and now - "The porting of the CyanogenMod Froyo to Pulse by Tom G" MOMENT

Oh boy.

It really is like a soap opera. Full of twists and turns, sadness and happiness :lol:

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank EVERYONE who tried to make Pulse a better phone! B)

I'm out of space on cache. I don't know how that happened?

Every app fails to start.

D/installd( 1152): DexInv: --- BEGIN '/system/app/Browser.apk' ---

W/dalvikvm( 1674): partial write in inflate (32728 vs 32768)

W/dalvikvm( 1674): DexOptZ: extraction of classes.dex from /system/app/Browser.apk failed

W/installd( 1152): DexInv: --- END '/system/app/Browser.apk' --- status=0xff00, process failed

E/installd( 1152): dexopt failed on '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex' res = 65280

E/dalvikvm( 1667): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex': No such file or directory

I/dalvikvm( 1667): Unable to open or create cache for /system/app/Browser.apk (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex)

D/AndroidRuntime( 1667): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm( 1667): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x400207d8)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1667): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime( 1667): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate application com.android.browser.Browser: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.android.browser.Browser in loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[/system/app/Browser.apk]

Should dalvik-cache be on /data?

Guest Fusion0306

W/dalvikvm( 1674): DexOptZ: extraction of classes.dex from /system/app/Browser.apk failed

W/installd( 1152): DexInv: --- END '/system/app/Browser.apk' --- status=0xff00, process failed

E/installd( 1152): dexopt failed on '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex' res = 65280

E/dalvikvm( 1667): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex': No such file or directory

I/dalvikvm( 1667): Unable to open or create cache for /system/app/Browser.apk (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex)

W/dalvikvm( 1667): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x400207d8)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1667): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate application com.android.browser.Browser: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.android.browser.Browser in loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[/system/app/Browser.apk]

I wish I could help you!

But I have an idea.

I think that it would be better if you would open the official "CyanogenMod Froyo porting" thread. That way, you can update the first few posts all the time and it will be easier to track. Don't you think?

E/AndroidRuntime( 1667): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate application com.android.browser.Browser: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.android.browser.Browser in loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[/system/app/Browser.apk][/code]

Normally it should be on /cache as most phones have 40MB cache partitions. We don't... we only have something stupid like 20MB. Should be a simple fix.

Update: I'm fairly certain this is a script somewhere that sets this. Are you building from source or kanging a rom?

Edited by flibblesan

Normally it should be on /cache as most phones have 40MB cache partitions. We don't... we only have something stupid like 20MB. Should be a simple fix.

Its all the dex files for the system apps that are filling it. I think they would normally be on /data. Deleting stuff out of /cache doesn't free space, the files disappear but free space doesn't increase. Weird.

I will either start a new topic or move this discussion to 2.2 dev, but it won't be until tomorrow.

Its all the dex files for the system apps that are filling it. I think they would normally be on /data. Deleting stuff out of /cache doesn't free space, the files disappear but free space doesn't increase. Weird.

I will either start a new topic or move this discussion to 2.2 dev, but it won't be until tomorrow.

Ok this seems to be part of CM6:

"* Common: Zipalign on install (if needed) + system dex cache to /cache - Cyanogen/Chris Soyars"

So need to either find where in the code this is set or symlink /data/dalvik-cache to /cache/dalvik-cache

Edit: Bingo. it's set in http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_fram...alld/installd.h

Edited by flibblesan