[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

Ok this seems to be part of CM6:

"* Common: Zipalign on install (if needed) + system dex cache to /cache - Cyanogen/Chris Soyars"

So need to either find where in the code this is set or symlink /data/dalvik-cache to /cache/dalvik-cache

Edit: Bingo. it's set in http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_fram...alld/installd.h

dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1

in build.prop :lol:

Already fixed. There is no network connectivity yet and most things don't work (sd card, camera etc), but it looks stable.

Already fixed. There is no network connectivity yet and most things don't work (sd card, camera etc), but it looks stable.

Did this preliminary port take half a day?

Did this preliminary port take half a day?

More like 1-2 hours. Most of that was compiling it. I had to play with it a bit to get the system partition small enough (im still on 80MB), but after that it started first go.

More like 1-2 hours. Most of that was compiling it. I had to play with it a bit to get the system partition small enough (im still on 80MB), but after that it started first go.

Great.

I guess next step is CM kernel.

Guest DanWilson

Stable CM6? Wow bro, if I had any money, I'd donate it to you.

Why didn't T-Mobile / Huawei release the source earlier? We now have SWAP, OC, 2.2, almost MT and almost CM6! It's amazing!

Tom, you're smart, you have a Pulse, you up for it?

A lot of people ask me about adding support for their phone, but we can only support phones that we actually own. The CM team is always looking for new hackers to join up with us to add support for their favorite device. Get in touch with me if you’d like to help.
Edited by DanWilson

Stable CM6? Wow bro, if I had any money, I'd donate it to you.

Why didn't T-Mobile / Huawei release the source earlier? We now have SWAP, OC, 2.2, almost MT and almost CM6! It's amazing!

B)

The funniest thing is that 8150 official Huawei ROM is fully ODEX'd :lol:)

I was planning on trying to get it included officially in cyanogenmod if I can get everything working. I guess we have to wait and see how much I can get working.

I need to get some sleep now, so I'll continue tomorrow.

Guest DanWilson
I was planning on trying to get it included officially in cyanogenmod if I can get everything working. I guess we have to wait and see how much I can get working.

I need to get some sleep now, so I'll continue tomorrow.

Kewl bro, you sleep. I really meant that if you join the team, maybe they could help you a bit more than we can. :lol:

Guest AdamBaker
Its all the dex files for the system apps that are filling it. I think they would normally be on /data. Deleting stuff out of /cache doesn't free space, the files disappear but free space doesn't increase. Weird.

I will either start a new topic or move this discussion to 2.2 dev, but it won't be until tomorrow.

Free space not increasing when you delete files is a common confusion with all Unix like OSes. If you delete a file but an app has got it open the space deosn't get released. In the absence of the lsof program you can probably track what is using the space with ls -l /proc/*/fd | grep cache

Free space not increasing when you delete files is a common confusion with all Unix like OSes. If you delete a file but an app has got it open the space deosn't get released. In the absence of the lsof program you can probably track what is using the space with ls -l /proc/*/fd | grep cache

That makes sense. I was deleting files for apps that weren't running at the time, so didn't consider that they could still be open. It must hold all of the cache files open even when not in use. On reboot the space was freed.

Guest Basher52

Did yoz try to delet uneeded sounds and media? I did that with all my 2.1 Custom Roms, to make the smaller. Even cutting off uneeded thinks would be usefull. As the SD Card works, you should try to a2sd system apps aswell.

Greets, Basher

Did yoz try to delet uneeded sounds and media? I did that with all my 2.1 Custom Roms, to make the smaller. Even cutting off uneeded thinks would be usefull. As the SD Card works, you should try to a2sd system apps aswell.

Greets, Basher

LOL

Guest Fusion0306

Is there any version of ADW launcher (system version) that can be flashed to replace stock launcher on this rom? I looked, but could only find versions for donut, eclair and CM roms.

Guest whackster
Is there any version of ADW launcher (system version) that can be flashed to replace stock launcher on this rom? I looked, but could only find versions for donut, eclair and CM roms.

CM6 is froyo :lol: Use the MDPI one.

Guest BigBearMDC
i'm so sorry if it is out of topic but can someone hlp me to buy San Fransisco phone and send it to me as i am in india now..

Please ask this again in the ZTE Blade forum.

This is not the right place to ask this question.

Best regards,

BB

Guest totiadrenalin

LOL!

WOW!

The froyo became 10sec car from fast & furios with the overclocked kernel.

You definitely gonna have to try that.

4.8 in linpack with JIT disabled.

It's really nice experience.

Guest totiadrenalin
LOL!

WOW!

The froyo became 10sec car from fast & furios with the overclocked kernel.

You definitely gonna have to try that.

4.8 in linpack with JIT disabled.

It's really nice experience.

Flibble

Man, you should include the overclocked kernel in your flbmod_2.0 as a small update to flbmod_2.0.

Guest gusthy
Flibble

Man, you should include the overclocked kernel in your flbmod_2.0 as a small update to flbmod_2.0.

You find the requested patch in overclock topic.

What features/fixes are planned for the next release?

It will be based on AOSP 2.2.1.

Video should be working, but at this point there is no hardware acceleration for video, so a lot of apps (eg. youtube) still wont work.

If I get a change to finish the MAC setting program then the wifi mac issue should be fixed.

Those are the changed from the froyo porting project. I'm not sure if flibblesan has any other changes planned for the next release.

Guest Simon O
It will be based on AOSP 2.2.1.

Video should be working, but at this point there is no hardware acceleration for video, so a lot of apps (eg. youtube) still wont work.

If I get a change to finish the MAC setting program then the wifi mac issue should be fixed.

Those are the changed from the froyo porting project. I'm not sure if flibblesan has any other changes planned for the next release.

Nope, I'll just be packing up the latest update once the wifi issue is sorted. Hows the Cyanogenmod work going?