[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

1. The screen always rotates when entering menus (e.g. Settings) when when the phone is upright.

have you tried running the "wipe rotation settings" option from the recovery menu?

Not sure if it's necessary (or even related) but it probably won't hurt.

In my experience new ROMs work best with all the wipes done.

have you tried running the "wipe rotation settings" option from the recovery menu?

Not sure if it's necessary (or even related) but it probably won't hurt.

In my experience new ROMs work best with all the wipes done.

I hadn't wiped that (never had, or the battery settings) but that seems to have done the trick.

I guess the default launcher just doesn't rotate the home screens like ADW does... Might have to try ADW with this.

Many thanks for the tip! :lol:

How come I can't install apps from the Market? It downloads the files, but doesn't install. It keeps "installing".

Which apps? The the app supports Froyo then there is a chance it's A2SD aware. These apps cannot be installed to the phone unless you unmount the SD card first.

Edited by flibblesan

Oh, goddammit. Why is there no file manager in this? :lol:

I need it to get my APN settings using an app I have..

Froyo doesn't come with a file manager app. Download and flash Astro. Best I can do for now.

astro.zip

Froyo doesn't come with a file manager app. Download and flash Astro. Best I can do for now.

astro.zip

How strange.

But thanks a lot flibble. As long as I can flash this, then it'll work.

Damn my awkward phone. Can't get WiFi working and it won't work entering APN settings manually. :lol:

Guest arlindo.costa

Installed FLB2 Alpha3 on my TMN A1. So far its looking real Gooooood! Thanks to Fibble and of course to TomG and everyone thats working hard on Froyo :lol: :) :(

Sorry I couldn't help. I'll see what else I can do tomorrow. It's late now.

Okay. thanks.

This phone will be the death of me, I swear.

edit: Nevermind. oigigi helped me by finding APN settings for me. Turns out the ones on the Modaco wiki are wrong. Or at least, they didn't work for me, but these others did. :s

Edited by Willz

Well i've flashed this onto my phone. Gonna have a play with it to see what I think. And if it annoys me i've got flb 1.6 on my memory card that I can flash if need be.

I've been testing A2SD 2.7.5 final out as was suggested earlier, and swap appear s to be running a lot better. I've also enabled jit and, so far, no issues.

I think I'll work on an update later.

hi,

i flashing 2.0 alpha 3 and is work very fine...

everything from the user data have been to taken from the old version 1.5.

i have now only one problem

the contact files are missing and the desktop appz

now i want to sync with pcsuite from hungarian update 2.1

-> the phone will not be displayed with froyo

how now i implement my old contacts to my flb mod 2.0a3 ???

thanks

I've been testing A2SD 2.7.5 final out as was suggested earlier, and swap appear s to be running a lot better. I've also enabled jit and, so far, no issues.

I think I'll work on an update later.

And JIT becomes unstable over time, rebooted my phone twice when it wasn't even being used. Now I've disabled JIT again the phone is fine.

Guest pandinusimp
hi,

thanks

Did you do a nandroid backup? If you did so go back to 2.1 and export your contacts in the contact apps to the SD card. Then go to 2.2 and import the 2.1 contacts from your SD card.

One more option is using google. Just sync with google.

One question. Do your WIFI work on 2.2? Mine doesn't work.

Edited by pandinusimp

hi,

thanks

The PC Suite does not support this rom at all. Nothing I can do to fix it. You'll have to go back to Android 2.1 then export the contacts to your SD card. Open contacts, press menu then "Import/export". Once you have done this you can import the file into contacts app on Froyo.

One question. Do your WIFI work on 2.2? Mine doesn't work.

What happens with it? Does it fail when you try to enable it or does it not connect to the network? Could you give details of the network please if it's this issue. Type of encryption, if it's G or N etc.

I will, maybe it's usefull for people who don't like A2SD.

Edit: It's working! :lol:

Edit 2: It gets even better :) I didn't flash a rom in a long time so i forgot to do a wipe but apps are working fine!! XD

Edit 3: The rom is not very stable, rebooted already and wifi is not working.

I'll just update with official 2.1 and then do a full wipe.

Sh4d0w940

I'm still using the December update 1.5 firmware, so that what most of the development has been done on (not that it makes much difference).

Wifi should work.

Vibrate doesn't work

2G/3G switching causes instability, the same as the official eclair roms over the 1.5 firmware.

I'm hoping a newer 1.5 firmware (like the ones that fixed vibration on the eclair leak) will fix these problems, but I haven't tried yet.

I use 2.2alpha3 and I can't install some apps, ex. Navitel. It isn't install from Market and from SD card

Unmount the SD card from the Settings app, then install the app. Once installed you can mount the SD again. This won't affect a2sd.

Same here, just tried and I can't select a network operator manually.. there was a fix as I recall, off to search :lol:

Sorry, meant TomG's original build 0.51.

There is no fix for that (I have no idea what the cause is). There is an issue in the github issue tracker for it.

Does anyone have a problem receving calls with FLB 2.0? I hav a list of missed calls but for none of them phone actualy rang. I called myself from another number and it says that call is rejected!

Sounds like rild is crashing on incoming calls.

Sounds like rild is crashing on incoming calls.

The cause is a lot weirder. It seems that the gapps zip I made with updated apps in broke ril and stopped the screen lock from working. It's very odd.

Unmount the SD card from the Settings app, then install the app. Once installed you can mount the SD again. This won't affect a2sd.

Doesn't help/ message: "Unknown problem - 18"