[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

Guest pandinusimp
What happens with it? Does it fail when you try to enable it or does it not connect to the network? Could you give details of the network please if it's this issue. Type of encryption, if it's G or N etc.

If i enable WIFI it says: "Turning on.." -> "Connecting.." -> "Disconnected" -> "Scanning" and this repeats.

My WIFI is WPA2 personal with AES encoding

I tried it also without a security mode with no success. It's always the same.

Until just a few minutes ago I had no problems with this MOD.

However al of a sudden my screen is stuck in LandScape Mode. :S :) :lol:

Only way of getting my screen back to portrait is unchecking the auto rotate setting.

But when I check the box again it immediately flips over to LandScape.

Try wiping rotation settings in the recovery menu?

Guest TonyDigi

Excellent !!! I installed this room and do swap 32mb swapness 10 . Run CPU Benchmark : 3891 ms (better than HTC Magic). Compare with serveral rooms i have installed before , this score is so much better . i feel really smoother and speed up. some errors but g j Flibesan, :lol:

Edited by TonyDigi

If i enable WIFI it says: "Turning on.." -> "Connecting.." -> "Disconnected" -> "Scanning" and this repeats.

that`s exactly the same problem,that I have aswell.

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen
Try wiping rotation settings in the recovery menu?

After reboot everything was good again.

Wait and see.

PS

Was in landscape mode (HandCent SMS) when I received a phonecall.

After this it got stuck.

Now for some good news......GPS is much better.

Before 2.2 (had 2.1 and 1.5 earlier) I could not get a GPS signal when I was in my livingroom.

But now.....in 10 seconds or so. Oke, maybe 20 seconds. :lol:

Guest Fusion0306
flbmod 2, jit, largeheap, swappiness set to 35... it runs since a day and its so perfect and snappy that it is almost boring :lol:)

FLBmod 2, jit, swapper2, swap:32, swappiness:20

Running it for about 6 or 7 hours, works perfectly. Can't wait for overclock :)

What is largeheap? :( Sorry if it's a stupid question :(

Linpack score :)

post-688453-1284657663_thumb.png

Guest Epic-Emodude

What version of A2SD is included with this rom? If it is not the latest version (2.7.5 final) do I update my flashing the zip on XDA?

Also, what are the benifits of moving dalvik-cache to SD?

and what is zip align and is it worth activating?

Thanx

Aaron

ok just flashed this baby had a few probs getting my head around the clockworkmod thingy as im use to Amon-ra recoverys, am I right to assume that setting up a partition with rom manager creates an ext3? also iv looked but hav'nt seen how to enable jit, however this rom seems pretty smooth an usable, looking foward to the updates.

Guest Fusion0306
ok just flashed this baby had a few probs getting my head around the clockworkmod thingy as im use to Amon-ra recoverys, am I right to assume that setting up a partition with rom manager creates an ext3? also iv looked but hav'nt seen how to enable jit, however this rom seems pretty smooth an usable, looking foward to the updates.

You can set your partition with amon-ra and when you flash your rom, you can get clockwork recovery from rom manager :lol:

To enable jit:

change

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast
to
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

in build.prop (backup your original build.prop if things go wrong, just in case :) )

Guest Stitch15
You can set your partition with amon-ra and when you flash your rom, you can get clockwork recovery from rom manager :lol:

To enable jit:

change

to

in build.prop (backup your original build.prop if things go wrong, just in case :) )

Maybe a very dumb question: how do i acces the build.prop?

Guest Fusion0306
Maybe a very dumb question: how do i acces the build.prop?

You have to pull it to your computer using adb or android commander on your computer or something like root explorer on your phone (first you copy it to your sd and then to your computer)

It's located in \system\

Replace the mentioned line with wordpad. Good luck!

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest Stitch15
You have to pull it to your computer using adb or android commander on your computer or something like root explorer on your phone (first you copy it to your sd and then to your computer)

It's located in \system\

Replace the mentioned line with wordpad. Good luck!

Thanks. I'll give it a try....

To enable jit:

change

to

Thanks alot Fusion :(

To enable jit you just simply remove the line or comment it out with a #. Android has JIT support built in so it'll use this when no variable has been set in the build.prop

Guest Fusion0306
To enable jit you just simply remove the line or comment it out with a #. Android has JIT support built in so it'll use this when no variable has been set in the build.prop

Thanks for the info :lol:

Same here... :-(

that`s exactly the same problem,that I have aswell.

You three need to open a bug report at http://github.com/pulse-android-dev/device...ei_pulse/issues and include as much information about this issue as you can. A copy of the phone logs whilst you are trying to connect to the network will help also. Use alogcat if you are unable to use the Android SDK.

The reason I saked about the ext3 is when I setup my partition I just recall doing 128swap and a 512ext but there was no option to choose ext2/3/4, when I checked in terminal it said partition mounted as EXT3, I guess I just wanted to comfirm it.

Guest Fusion0306

I'm so sad to inform you that I lost an sms... I was testing angry birds (works flawlessly btw, menu icons are just a tad to big) and I told my gf to send me an sms... I didn't get it. I exited the game 3 minutes later and started the Messaging app and I couldn't find the sms (I thought that maybe the notification didn't show up when I was playing). Then I told my gf to send another one, and I received that one immidiately...