Overclock

Guest gusthy

Guest BigBearMDC
Hmmm, no new acpuclock.c is in github, BB, probably can you put it there? Then I don't need to spend time finding out everything...

Unfortunately I really don't have any time at all at the moment :) I'm writing this from school where I can access a computer, but I'm neither at home nor have I time left to play around with the source code. I'm having my driving license test in 2 days, so there's much stuff left for me to learn :)

Codes on github, feel free to play with it :lol:

I think you'll have to add me as a collaborator (so that I can upload stuff also) :(

Best regards,

BB

Unfortunately I really don't have any time at all at the moment :) I'm writing this from school where I can access a computer, but I'm neither at home nor have I time left to play around with the source code. I'm having my driving license test in 2 days, so there's much stuff left for me to learn :)

I think you'll have to add me as a collaborator (so that I can upload stuff also) :(

Best regards,

BB

C'est la vie...

@FLB, @BB, @Tom:

By the way, I tried FLB1.6b and Froyo with exactly the same settings (same widgets, apps, home screen, swap, etc.), and Froyo was way faster.

I guess it may have at least 3 reasons:

1, Froyo itself is so much faster

2, 2.1 contains huawei stuff which is rather unoptimized compared to Tom G's work

3, Froyo is currently not finished, and there is a lot of features missing - and this features don't slow down the system.

My question is that at your opinion which one is the right? The exact question is if it is the 3rd or not? Just because if it is the 3rd, then later Froyos may be slower, if it is 1, or 2, then the system will keep its performance (without even overclocking, just to stay on-topic :lol:)

Unfortunately I really don't have any time at all at the moment :( I'm writing this from school where I can access a computer, but I'm neither at home nor have I time left to play around with the source code. I'm having my driving license test in 2 days, so there's much stuff left for me to learn :lol:

I think you'll have to add me as a collaborator (so that I can upload stuff also) :)

Best regards,

BB

I've added you and Tom. I know what it's like with no free time. I've not had much myself recently.

Edited by flibblesan

C'est la vie...

@FLB, @BB, @Tom:

By the way, I tried FLB1.6b and Froyo with exactly the same settings (same widgets, apps, home screen, swap, etc.), and Froyo was way faster.

I guess it may have at least 3 reasons:

1, Froyo itself is so much faster

2, 2.1 contains huawei stuff which is rather unoptimized compared to Tom G's work

3, Froyo is currently not finished, and there is a lot of features missing - and this features don't slow down the system.

My question is that at your opinion which one is the right? The exact question is if it is the 3rd or not? Just because if it is the 3rd, then later Froyos may be slower, if it is 1, or 2, then the system will keep its performance (without even overclocking, just to stay on-topic :lol:)

Froyo is better optimized than Eclair. It runs quicker on all devices.

Guest sfuportuguese
wowowowowow, wait a sec, "besides MT"? PLEASE DO BOTH :)

pls boot, no just that... can you put and flash player too (or call it "jobyoudonesofar flash player")

we do not care if crashies :lol:

Guest DanWilson
pls boot, no just that... can you put and flash player too (or call it "jobyoudonesofar flash player")

we do not care if crashies :lol:

Flash is near impossible.

The CPU is too slow (or the wrong kind)

And we have very little video playback anyway...

Guest DanWilson
Any news?

Yes.

We have overclock, just not in this thread.

Check the multitouch thread (if you are using 2.1)

Check the need a little help thread (if you are using 2.2)

It is overclocked to 720MHz I think.

Guest -=GriM=-
Yes.

We have overclock, just not in this thread.

Check the multitouch thread (if you are using 2.1)

Check the need a little help thread (if you are using 2.2)

It is overclocked to 720MHz I think.

Oh it's great!

But I don't understand why info about overclock is in multitouch thread. I think it must be here))

Guest DanWilson
Oh it's great!

But I don't understand why info about overclock is in multitouch thread. I think it must be here))

Bobo was trying to port multitouch over, and added an overclock as a bonus.

The multitouch doesn't work though...

Guest -=GriM=-
Bobo was trying to port multitouch over, and added an overclock as a bonus.

The multitouch doesn't work though...

For me more important overclock than multitouch... How I know Hero can be overlocked to 780Mhz. Why pulse overclocked only up to 720Mhz(when it has some proccesor as Hero)?

Edited by -=GriM=-

Guest BigBearMDC
For me more important overclock than multitouch... How I know Hero can be overlocked to 780Mhz. Why pulse overclocked only up to 720Mhz(when it has some proccesor as Hero)?

Actually its running at 780 not 720 :lol:

Guest -=GriM=-

How I understand to do OC I need flash this image:

Ok I've compiled the kernel with the UK config. It should have all of BigBears changes and swap.

boot.img

unzip and flash with fastboot.

I already do this but after reboot my device(u8230) it showed logo "android" more then 10 min. I remove battery and turned it on again it started normal. But SetCPU show that nothing changes(max 528). What I missed??? May be my mistake is that I flashed this image on FLB 1.4 ?

P.S: sorry for my bad english ))

Guest Richard_Arkless
How I understand to do OC I need flash this image:

I already do this but after reboot my device(u8230) it showed logo "android" more then 10 min. I remove battery and turned it on again it started normal. But SetCPU show that nothing changes(max 528). What I missed??? May be my mistake is that I flashed this image on FLB 1.4 ?

P.S: sorry for my bad english ))

try choosing the option to automatically detect the cpu speed, I think if you chose the tmobile pulse preset then it will only show 528 as the maximum

Guest DanWilson
which one? :lol:

Me and Starkos stole a thread for this. You might need to click the arrow to see the post and get the attachment.

Just did some investigating & I'm pretty sure that boot.img u uploaded for me was from Eclair not Froyo? I've made another update.zip that should be based on Froyo if you wana try it...

Me and Starkos stole a thread for this. You might need to click the arrow to see the post and get the attachment.

My phone freeze at Android logo with this one :lol: (Tom's 2.2 0.51)

Guest -=GriM=-
try choosing the option to automatically detect the cpu speed, I think if you chose the tmobile pulse preset then it will only show 528 as the maximum

Nope I chose auto detect.

My phone freeze at Android logo with this one :lol: (Tom's 2.2 0.51)

I used the ramdisk from flibb's 2.2 rom as I think that's what most of u are using, so there might be some incompatibilities?

Edit: I can't think why there would be a problem though lol?

Edited by starkos