Overclock

Guest gusthy

yes

All these oc kernels should also have ext3 support in case any one feels like trying/messing around with it, although the general concensus appears to be it's not worth it?

Guest Letterbox115
Not sure what happened to your ramdisk img but it was huge! :lol: I had to repack it so the boot.img would be small enough..

If this doesn't work then I'm not sure what's wrong, but you said you compiled your own kernel so it would make sense if you do it your self. It's very easy, all you got to do is change one file in the kernel source & I can upload that for you. Anyway, give it a try & let me know...

My Pulse starts to boot loop when i flash this, like every other zip I try to flash to my FLB-Mod 2 B)

Does anyone know why?

doesnt work with flb1.5, stacked on booting, (android logo but just smal arial fonts)!

pls make it for flb1

I believe BigBear & flibb already did somewhere in the multitouch thread

Guest Richard_Arkless
can someone upload the zip for overcloking flb 1.4 and how do you activat it and is it just a flashable zip?

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8f5bj4zjtx3oy4y/up...e-signed.zip?dl

There you go, just flash in the custom recovery, get setcpu from somewhere and install it, then under device selection make sure you click to automatically detect cpu speeds (dont choose the tmobile pulse preset as it will only show upto 520 as max), then bump it up to 760mhz

This will work AFAIK with any version of flb's 2.1 roms

As for battery life, im not sure yet as ive only just flashed it, before overclocking it would last 3-4 days with 2g, data, bluetooth and wifi (except when im in the house) turned off

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest fredewis

There you go, just flash in the custom recovery, get setcpu from somewhere and install it, then under device selection make sure you click to automatically detect cpu speeds (dont choose the tmobile pulse preset as it will only show upto 520 as max), then bump it up to 760mhz

As for battery life, im not sure yet as ive only just flashed it, before overclocking it would last 3-4 days with 2g, data, bluetooth and wifi (except when im in the house) turned off

ok so swap will work still on my flb 1.4 and were can i get setcpu for free any other apps?

Guest Richard_Arkless
ok so swap will work still on my flb 1.4 and were can i get setcpu for free any other apps?

Yes I think you can as long as you have a swap partition or file (using swapper2)

You can get setcpu from here as long as your a user (you can easily register) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419

32mb swap should be fine for a normal user

Guest Richard_Arkless
thankx mate just flashed it and dloadit from xda now setting it.thankx again

np I do recommend you get swap as memory is the bottle neck and you wont notice much of a speed up from overclocking alone

As soon as you have both it will fly (not as fast as 1ghz, obviously but noticeably faster)

edit: live wallpapers are faster as well :lol: got the super mario one lol, when you switch between pages the live wallpaper still stops for a second B)

Guest fredewis
np I do recommend you get swap as memory is the bottle neck and you wont notice much of a speed up from overclocking alone

As soon as you have both it will fly (not as fast as 1ghz, obviously but noticeably faster)

edit: live wallpapers are faster as well :lol: got the super mario one lol, when you switch between pages the live wallpaper still stops for a second B)

ooo seems snappier im using swapper 2 and lol i dont relly use life wall paper but is good to know they work beter i posted this already i think you know the bar we had to put up on setcpu is the second that says min rigth becouse the first on is 760 already also i read that 780 is possible how i only got 760.

Guest lilim_ac

well thanks bro!! Now i am going to test it and will report as soon as i can

EDIT: booting since the first flash and setcpu shows 780 Mhz and now doing the stress test from setcpu

Edited by lilim_ac

I had / have my phone on 780MHz - Max

and 528MHz Min, it was on charge all night and it was freezing.

Maybe an overclock is our cooling system...

Why such a high min setting?

Guest sfuportuguese

it is working on flb1.5

but "only" 760, now how to speed it up to 780?

ps: ok now (when for all working fine) someone shoud make sticky "overclock how to"

Edited by sfuportuguese

I had / have my phone on 780MHz - Max

and 528MHz Min, it was on charge all night and it was freezing.

Maybe an overclock is our cooling system...

this works on froyo then? flbmod2?

Guest DanWilson

Short answer: Because he can. :lol:

Thank you.

Yeah. But I'm using Froyo 0.51 - which I think FLB-Mod is based on.

Guest DanWilson

Short answer: Because he can. :lol:

Thank you.

Yeah. But I'm using Froyo 0.51 - which I think FLB-Mod is based on.