I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest stuartmc

Just got mine, great screen. First Android phone moving from WinMo so lots of learning to do.

If it matters to anyone online store says colour is grey and my receipt says colour is black, can't tell if they are different colours or just listed differently.

Edited by stuartmc

Guest pinkllama

on another forum, someone said that there was a voucher in the box that gave you £30 extra call credit if you ported a number over to orange.

can anyone confirm this please?

Paul, is there an ETA on a review of this phone? I'd really like to see a video of it in action before I make the plunge.

Anyone got one of these working on T-Mobile yet? Is one of those I-Smart sims likely going to be the only solution, and where's the best place to get one from? Thanks!

Guest stuartmc

Yes it is in there

P.S. Bring your old number with you and we'll give you £30 free credit. Just call your old network ask for PAC code and then call us free on 0870 870 8888

Guest supertwisted
Man the 100MB 'unlimited' internet is very unfair. At least T-Mobile let me pay £20 for 6 months internet with a 3GB cap (now 1GB for new customers).

Their loss really, it's only a matter of time until a reliable unlock is found after which everyone will be using them on better networks.

Shame that they've been so forward thinking with this handset, yet are so backward in their approach to data provision.

Guest gavinlew

Just been into the Orange store in Bath, and the guy in there said the NHS discount is for pay monthly contracts only - he didnt seem to bothered to help anyway ... ho hum .. out the shop i walked - but they do have the handsets.

Just been into the Orange store in Bath, and the guy in there said the NHS discount is for pay monthly contracts only - he didnt seem to bothered to help anyway ... ho hum .. out the shop i walked - but they do have the handsets.

Sounds like he was either lying or unaware of Oranges NHS discount policy:-

Orange is offering NHS Staff discounts on handsets and tariffs in High Street Orange stores.

Pay Monthly (Contract)

£50 off the retail price of the handset.

First 2 months line rental absolutely FREE

10% off the line rental after the first 2 months.

Pay As You Go

£20 off the retail price of the handset.

£20 off the store's 'offer of the day', e.g. text saver.

This discount is open to any employee of the NHS regardless of whether they have a Trust mobile or not. All you need to do is drop into an Orange retail store with some NHS I.D to prove who you work for. You can then take up the discount. You can also use the discount to purchase mobiles for partners or children, as long as the phones are bought in your own name.

If on the very rare chance that the Orange retail store staff appear confused when you ask them for your discount, please advise they speak to their 'Area Manager' who will confirm with the store staff that the discount is valid. Any queries please contact Orange Retail.

Taken from here.

Guest daniel_owen_uk
Sounds like he was either lying or unaware of Oranges NHS discount policy:-

Orange is offering NHS Staff discounts on handsets and tariffs in High Street Orange stores.

Pay Monthly (Contract)

£50 off the retail price of the handset.

First 2 months line rental absolutely FREE

10% off the line rental after the first 2 months.

Pay As You Go

£20 off the retail price of the handset.

£20 off the store's 'offer of the day', e.g. text saver.

This discount is open to any employee of the NHS regardless of whether they have a Trust mobile or not. All you need to do is drop into an Orange retail store with some NHS I.D to prove who you work for. You can then take up the discount. You can also use the discount to purchase mobiles for partners or children, as long as the phones are bought in your own name.

If on the very rare chance that the Orange retail store staff appear confused when you ask them for your discount, please advise they speak to their 'Area Manager' who will confirm with the store staff that the discount is valid. Any queries please contact Orange Retail.

Taken from here.

Be nice if it was from an Orange rather than a random trusts site, but I will take my wage slip and ID badge anyway, going in 2 hours so will let you know how I get on.

Guest gavinlew
Is that what they're calling the Pulse now :lol:

Not going too off topic - just returned a Pulse back to T-Mobile, done some crazy reboots during the initial setup procedure , user is now going to the Orange shop to pick up a San Francisco

Be nice if it was from an Orange rather than a random trusts site, but I will take my wage slip and ID badge anyway, going in 2 hours so will let you know how I get on.

Stick to your guns, or as a last resort try a different Orange store. You are entitled to it.