I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FrogPulse
Haha, I can confirm both Orange shops in Aberdeen have not got theirs yet, but do have dummy models :lol:

I can confirm my wife got the last one @13:00 from the orange shop in the centre(we reserved it at lunchtime) :(

Sorry!

Have to wait to find out if the rebel simCard works :)

I can confirm my wife got the last one @13:00 from the orange shop in the centre(we reserved it at lunchtime) :)

Sorry!

Have to wait to find out if the rebel simCard works :lol:

Oh, fair enough! I phoned up one and they said they never had any shipped in to either. Not chuffed!

I'd order it off line, but I want my NHS discount :(

(yeah, and keep us posted on the rebel simcard, I'm not a fan of orange's plans!)

So I have till tuesday to return my pulse under the 7 day terms should I do that and get one of these.

Are they that much beter Im new to android so apart from having a better screen what will this phone be able to do that the pulse wont.

Also noticed the HTC Hero is avalible refurbed from three for £160 how much better is that is it worth me spending a bit more.

Edited by newpbc

Guest Blake Loring
So I have till tuesday to return my pulse under the 7 day terms should I do that and get one of these.

Are they that much beter Im new to android so apart from having a better screen what will this phone be able to do that the pulse wont.

Also noticed the HTC Hero is avalible refurbed from three for £160 how much better is that is it worth me spending a bit more.

San Francisco is probably a better buy then a Hero. For starters its brand new (Will probably be supported for longer) and sports 400MB of RAM and a 600Mhz processor.

This is much better then a Pulse, but the orange PAYG deals are nowhere near as good as T-Mobiles 6 months internet stuff.

Guest steve1221

The Orange website has to be the worst in the world!

Tried to order since midday, using Quidco and trying to use up my Orange phone fund. And the phone fund section just bombs out every time saying 'try later' !!!

I'm not sure if this is the correct way of 'wording' this question, but is the screen in HD/High Quality/whatever, like HTC Desire? Because, I only notice the screen of my Pulse is different when comparing to an HTC Desire one from screenshots, for example, apps like SwitchPro Widget is sort of pixelated and bad quality, but on screenshots of HTC Desire, it's much better quality, full of colour and clear.

I don't know what the word for this is.. maybe that HVGA, WVGA, etc. stuff? Sorry if this is confusing, I hope someone understands what I'm babbling on about. :L

I'm not sure if this is the correct way of 'wording' this question, but is the screen in HD/High Quality/whatever, like HTC Desire? Because, I only notice the screen of my Pulse is different when comparing to an HTC Desire one from screenshots, for example, apps like SwitchPro Widget is sort of pixelated and bad quality, but on screenshots of HTC Desire, it's much better quality, full of colour and clear.

I don't know what the word for this is.. maybe that HVGA, WVGA, etc. stuff? Sorry if this is confusing, I hope someone understands what I'm babbling on about. :L

It has the same screen resolution as the Desire which is 480 X 800 WVGA, the Pulse's screen is 320 x 480. So in theory the SF should be very similar to the desire...

Guest Elemetrix
23,000 views of this topic...!

The screen is identical to the OLED Desire, but 0.2" smaller (3.5" vs 3.7").

So, yeah, it's still WVGA.

P

I thought there was a shortage of OLEDs? And now there is suddenly a new phone fitted with them. Or did they just have a bunch of spare 3.5" ones kicking about? :lol:

That's fantastic news, thanks for the quick replies. As soon as there's a way to unlock, this baby is mine.

Though I am tempted to wait for the white version, as it looks very nice.

I thought there was a shortage of OLEDs? And now there is suddenly a new phone fitted with them. Or did they just have a bunch of spare 3.5" ones kicking about? B)

Well I guess there's alot more kicking around now that nobody else wants em' :lol:

Guest supertwisted
I thought there was a shortage of OLEDs? And now there is suddenly a new phone fitted with them. Or did they just have a bunch of spare 3.5" ones kicking about? :lol:

I thought that too. Can only assume ZTE negotiated a good deal from a display manufacturer.

Decent quality screens are in short supply across the board these days, you've only got to look at the demand for LTPS screens for the Chinese PMP market.

Paul, since we both live in Norwich, did you buy yours from a store in the city? Because if so, I'll know I can go to the same one and they'll be selling them.. :lol:

Yeah, Gentleman's Walk...

P

I think the shortage is with the Samsung super amoled screens. I can't quite see the Blade having a Samsung screen, but it's definitely amoled.

Guest daniel_owen_uk

Picked mine up about 3 hours ago, Paid £99 + £10 for topup, but got and Orange Perk for being an NHS empolyee that took £20 off B)

So basically £80 with £10 credit

So far, for that sort of outlay, it's a bloody good phone.

Screen is defintely a high point, slightly lacking in size next to the nexus and desires of this world, but honestly for the money, it's bloody marvelous, viewing angle is spectacular (as you would expect from OLED).

WIFI picks up fine, and signal seems good (not been in a HSDPA area yet), although it's clearly shown in the manual :lol:

Biggest grip is all the Orange crap, sooner I find a (safe) way to remove it all the better.

Loving it so far though.

Picked mine up about 3 hours ago, Paid £99 + £10 for topup, but got and Orange Perk for being an NHS empolyee that took £20 off :lol:

I'm so asking around my friends to see who's an NHS employee now.