I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

A bit random isn't it that they can afford to knock 20 quid off for NHS / Council workers! :lol:

P

My guess is that these perks were negotiated by national purchasing consortia. NHS staff used to get free microsoft software too but I think that perk has expired.

Oh man, I need to get myself one of these badboys soon.

Paul, I saw your tweet about them being sold out in Norwich.. did they say when they'd have more in stock? I may pop down during next week to get one.

Guest flatnote31

Just a second,

if you don't already have an account on quidco, you're better off with Topcashback. Quidco will charge £5/annum (taken off from your total cashback).

That means if your purchase tracks £15, £5 will go to Quidco. Whereas TopCashBack doesn't.

I don't work for them by the way, but I just learnt it the hard way :lol:

Oh, I just google'd Quidco. I didn't know what it was. So we can get £12 off the phone with a voucher from there? Lovely! B)

Guest thepearce
Just a second,

if you don't already have an account on quidco, you're better off with Topcashback. Quidco will charge £5/annum (taken off from your total cashback).

That means if your purchase tracks £15, £5 will go to Quidco. Whereas TopCashBack doesn't.

I don't work for them by the way, but I just learnt it the hard way :lol:

I definitely recommend topcashback....and I've previously earned a few thousand with quidco too.

As well as no fee they give you up to 10% extra cashback (depending on how much cashback you earned in the previous month). This month I'm on 104% for instance. They also have a referral scheme (until tomorrow it's 2.50 for BOTH the referrer and referee). Their customer service is , IMHO, vastly superior to that of quidco.

tcb.jpg?t=1285503416

Edited by thepearce

Guest southeastblue

What the deal with this phone?

Just ordered online for pickup at my local Orange shop in Bexleyheath, Greater London, and with a confirmation message asking to ring Orange to confirm some details.

After some confusion, they say they think the phone isn't in stock and isn't out until November... They're apparently gonna ring me back within 30 minutes. :lol:

Guest clarkie71

Had my S/F 24hrs now and am really pleased with it....am amazed at how cheap it was. I dont work for the NHS and i'm not a student but I did have £14 in my phone fund :lol:

I too have had a few issues with the wifi reception being a bit weak around the house unless in the same room as my livebox.

Just need to get some accessories now like a car charger and some screen protecters can anyone recommend somewhere online?

Guest anything-but
What the deal with this phone?

Just ordered online for pickup at my local Orange shop in Bexleyheath, Greater London, and with a confirmation message asking to ring Orange to confirm some details.

After some confusion, they say they think the phone isn't in stock and isn't out until November... They're apparently gonna ring me back within 30 minutes. :lol:

Got mine from gravesend yesterday,seems like they had a few in stock,might be worth giving them or bluewater a bell if bexlyheath draws a blank?

Guest southeastblue
Got mine from gravesend yesterday,seems like they had a few in stock,might be worth giving them or bluewater a bell if bexlyheath draws a blank?

Nice one mate will give those a try now, will have to try get a phone direct from the shop I think as Orange via telephone are insisting this phone isn't released and shouldn't be released which is kind of weird considering alot of people seemed to have got hold of it. :lol:

Guest anything-but

Yea,i was going to reserve online but as i`m only 5 mins from gravesend i thought what the hell and just rode up there.

Would have gone to bluewater if they didn't have any but they did so petrol saved too. :lol:

Guest HugoQueiriga
Guys, can someone tell me how the video playback on this thing is? Would be great if someone could test if this can play 720p videos. Thanks!

Using Rockplayer I'm able to play avi files at smothly, normal tv rip episodes.

As for 720p videos, this is a no go it is the same as HTC Desire, can't play 720p avi videos.

HTC desire can only play 720p mp4 videos ok, not this one!

I think I may have to grab one of these to tinker with on my next paycheck. Great thread and an entertaining read.

It sounds like a great little handset for the price!

Guest tonemgub1
Using Rockplayer I'm able to play avi files at smothly, normal tv rip episodes.

As for 720p videos, this is a no go it is the same as HTC Desire, can't play 720p avi videos.

HTC desire can only play 720p mp4 videos ok, not this one!

Thanks dude! Kind of a dissapointment, lol all my videos are 720p.

Guest flatnote31

Gents, anyone following the thread on HUKD?

seems that Orange is up for a dirty trick... or they were just testing the market to see how much they should ask for the handset...

or they just ran out of stock and weren't expecting all that high demand on it!

any input?

most importantly, Paul, any news regarding the magic rom? :lol:

Guest mannybianco

With an MSM7227 under the bonnet and running Android 2.1 it was never gonna play 720p, unfortunately. At least not without some serious optimizing - which was highly unlikely as it's pretty much a bog standard Android 2.1 ROM.