I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest flatnote31

if you're on GMAIL, better check your SPAM folder first... mine was there for a couple of hours...not sure if Orange CS even know what they're talking about.

If still in doubt, run to your nearest shop and grab one, and if they ship your online-placed order, then return the one you got from shop (if you really really want it).

One question though, is it just me or has this phone made a huge bang right on launch? even rumours are growing about Orange withholding to increase price and all the bla di bla!

i'm stuck by their tracking page now and keep refreshing to see if it'll dispatch today

Hey, I ordered last night, pretty soon before the shop closed for a bit.

Never got an email confirming my purchase, should I bring it up with orange?

One question though, is it just me or has this phone made a huge bang right on launch? even rumours are growing about Orange withholding to increase price and all the bla di bla!

It has, yeah, but that's not altogether surprising.

Two factors - 1) it's totally bargainous and 2) The main topic in here has had nearly 50,000 views... I imagine we've sent quite a few people Orange's way! :lol:

P

Guest flatnote31

1- I just hope that quality on the long remain as good...saw many reviews how the Pulse performance deteriorated over a short time, but may be those who complained weren't aware of how to keep it clean and tidy!

2- 50,000?!! ummm, I reckon if only 10% made the purchase that'd be over 5,000 in two days... Orange should pay your mortgage!!!!

Yet still, I doubt that many of those who bought it are planning to stay with Orange. A work mate has the "unnamed 3GS" and he can hardly use 3G in <<Central London>> whereas my soon-to-be-ditched-for-Tesco's Three gets full signal and runs fine.

It has, yeah, but that's not altogether surprising.

Two factors - 1) it's totally bargainous and 2) The main topic in here has had nearly 50,000 views... I imagine we've sent quite a few people Orange's way! :lol:

P

Guest steve1221
another long time lurker here, I'm a LG GW620 user and you know how much support that has.......

Anyway, my other half is a government employee and a current orange contract user so 'may' be able to unlock direct from orange, but I'm planning on using it on a T mobile contract so don't know if I should wait until after the merger to see if that makes any difference on how the phones are supplied, or if they are going to continue as two separate independant companies.

oh, decisions, decisions!

Unless they've changed something you have to have the phone 3 months before they'll unlock it. They don't have the same system as O2 where if you put a contract sim in any phone they'll unlock it for you. It's based on the IMEI, if it's less than 3 months since it was sold the answers no.

Guest mario999

Hi, new to this forum, as I own a HTC Magic and spend my time on XDA.

This phone looks like a good update to the Magic (better screen etc.) I realize its early days at the moment, just wondering what the chances of getting Froyo eventually and getting different ROMS and themes in the future for the San Francisco? Im a bit spoiled with Cyanogen and all the work going with the Magic. (But its getting less these days due to the age of the device).

Guest lowrider007

I've been lurking this thread for a while now, no stores had the San Francisco in stock where I live so I ordered it via the Orange online store instead, I got an email entitled "Thank you for your Orange order‏" that says that my phone should be with me by tomorrow but I'm am dubious tbh as I had rang Orange previously and they said that the phone was out of stock but I thought I'd take a gamble, order tracking says "Order Being Readied For Dispatch" at the moment, fingers crossed that it actually gets dispatched.

Edited by lowrider007

Guest tmobilepulse
if you're on GMAIL, better check your SPAM folder first... mine was there for a couple of hours...not sure if Orange CS even know what they're talking about.

If still in doubt, run to your nearest shop and grab one, and if they ship your online-placed order, then return the one you got from shop (if you really really want it).

i'm stuck by their tracking page now and keep refreshing to see if it'll dispatch today

sorry to point out that orange do not have 7 day return policy in high street store.

i tried to return it but being declined. :lol:

I have just called into my orange shop to be told they have 5 in stock but I can't have 1!

The stock was available for sale the other day but is not provisioned on the system for some reason this morning so they now can't sell me it. Seriously hope they don't whack the price up.

dave

Guest tuttsclumps

Hi, here's a very basic review of my San Francisco that I picked up from the Orange shop in Norwich on Friday. Have to say I really like it, android apps working well (now) smart unlock good fun, music loading is unbelievably easy, the touchscreen has excellent resolution and works really nicely. Task Manager>Kill All is a great function, it's easy to type messages on, my hubby with bigger fingers found it surprisingly accurate and it is a good looking phone, nice tactile slightly rubbery finish - ie, not plasticky.

Okay down points, rubbish headphones and rubbish camera, and I'm slightly concerned that the battery life isn't as good as it should be, but for £99 it's fab.

I didn't buy this as a camera phone and you can always get better headphones, so overall I have to say I'm impressed. I'm getting an iPod Touch for my birthday, but the more I play with the SF, I'm wondering if the Touch might be slightly redundant...

Guest flash2004
When I ordered mine online I got email confirmation but a message to call Orange to confirm some details.

Upon calling them they had no knowledge of my order and insisted this phone is definitely not out.

I would call and double check your orderd if anyone is unsure.

The same happened to me as well. What did you do next ? I have re-ordered online but the same thing happend again ?

Any ideas ?

Guest will7201

RE The discounts peeps are going after, does anyone know if a discount is offered to someone who works for the local council? Is that classed a government job?

Will.

Ok guys, I've got Jon from OrangeHelpers checking about the stock issue. Hopefully I'll hear something soon and let you all know. I'm worried as I've got to pick up one of these phones this week for somebody and don't want the price increasing :lol:

Ok guys, I've got Jon from OrangeHelpers checking about the stock issue. Hopefully I'll hear something soon and let you all know. I'm worried as I've got to pick up one of these phones this week for somebody and don't want the price increasing B)

Thanks loads :lol:

Guest thepearce
RE The discounts peeps are going after, does anyone know if a discount is offered to someone who works for the local council? Is that classed a government job?

Will.

Local council is ideal. We got 20 quid off as the missus works for Posrtsmouth City Council. No problems. Just take a recent wage slip in to the store.

Ok guys, I've got Jon from OrangeHelpers checking about the stock issue. Hopefully I'll hear something soon and let you all know. I'm worried as I've got to pick up one of these phones this week for somebody and don't want the price increasing :lol:

Thanks too - cannot get any sense out of orange when calling them.

Guest sionyboy

Have we had any camera samples in the thread? 23 pages is quite a lot to go through.... :/

Really interested in this handest, the girlfriend has had a HTC Hero since January but I think it's been trying her patience lately. Might propose that she Mazuma her Hero (no point Ebaying it, she treats her phones like crap!) and putting it towards the San Fran, looks ideal for her. The 3MP camera might be a stumbling block, but then the camera on the Hero is a bit arse at the best of times.

Heck, my Galaxy S has been annoying me too, perhaps I'll even start considering downgrading (or side-grading, when you take lag and lack of memory into account :lol:)

Guest steve1221

Orange have different stock for different depts.

Telesales have no stock (it should have arrived Frisday, but didn't), which is why they'll tell you Orange don't have any.

The Web shop has stock and can supply, just order online (and get cashbach through Quidci or Topcashback) and you'll get one.

Had my S/F 24hrs now and am really pleased with it....am amazed at how cheap it was. I dont work for the NHS and i'm not a student but I did have £14 in my phone fund :lol:

I too have had a few issues with the wifi reception being a bit weak around the house unless in the same room as my livebox.

Just need to get some accessories now like a car charger and some screen protecters can anyone recommend somewhere online?

Dont know about screen protector, but my Blackberry car charger works fine. The Blackberry PC connection leads works as a charger and data cable too - nice to have a spare!

Its a BB 8900.

One thing that doesn't help is that Orange shops are totally separate from the website and telesales. All are run by different companies on behalf of Orange.

Why they can't just have one central warehouse for telesales and internet sales I don't know.

One thing that doesn't help is that Orange shops are totally separate from the website and telesales. All are run by different companies on behalf of Orange.

Why they can't just have one central warehouse for telesales and internet sales I don't know.

The website is an awful mess, too!

Telesales seemed lovely, mind you. Not that they could help me, heh.

Guest southeastblue
The same happened to me as well. What did you do next ? I have re-ordered online but the same thing happend again ?

Any ideas ?

I got annoyed with their inability to realise this phone was already being sold in shops, and them basically telling me I wasn't gonna get one that I just rung my local Orange shop to check if they had stock and picked one up 30 minutes later.

No money was taken out when I made my online order, and actually I got it wrong before no email was sent, itwas just the confirmation invoice thing with my order number - which Orange said didn't exist when I rang them.

If you want this phone, my advice would be to go and get it physically in your hands from a shop as they told me they were cancelling many orders for this phone. Having said that, this was on a Sunday and you never know who they get in on days like that, so it may have been somebody without much prior knowledge of this phone model.

Orange have different stock for different depts.

Telesales have no stock (it should have arrived Frisday, but didn't), which is why they'll tell you Orange don't have any.

The Web shop has stock and can supply, just order online (and get cashbach through Quidci or Topcashback) and you'll get one.

The question is when will we get one and why send an email asking us to email them with order number - most bizzare! Also the payment wasnt taken from the credit card.