I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest anything-but
It is quite bad if the screen is on for long periods of time. Standby time seems to be pretty solid.

What time we looking at on a full charge for standby,just so i have a benchmark for mine.

Guest sionyboy
You have a Galaxy S, stay away from us poor :lol:

Ha Ha! Aside from the glorious screen it doesn't feel like a £300+ phone, ridiculous file system and about 304mb of useable memory. From a value perspective this phone wipes the floor!

Standard keyboard is ok, touchpal keyboard is also installed however i will be putting the swype keyboard on it as i find that pretty fast now i'm getting used to it!

I've not come across any delay in typing so far seem pretty responsive.

just out of interest can someone tell me what the keyboard is like? i.e. is it just like typing on an iphone w/o delay?

Anyone with one of these also have a Pulse? Any chance of a comparison between the two? I was considering getting the San Fran to replace my Pulse, but yesterday I flashed the newest FLB with swap and overclocked to 691Mhz, and honestly it feels like a different phone. Is the San Fran much of an upgrade? What's really tempting me is multitouch, but I'm not sure about the smaller screen.

Anyone with one of these also have a Pulse? Any chance of a comparison between the two? I was considering getting the San Fran to replace my Pulse, but yesterday I flashed the newest FLB with swap and overclocked to 691Mhz, and honestly it feels like a different phone. Is the San Fran much of an upgrade? What's really tempting me is multitouch, but I'm not sure about the smaller screen.

I sold my pulse to get this and tbh i don't regret it at all! the screen seems better, tho i think its the same resolution! the multitouch is great in the browser with pinch to zoom makes the browser so much more usable!

It also feels more expensive than a pulse, Id recommend getting it.

I sold my pulse to get this and tbh i don't regret it at all! the screen seems better, tho i think its the same resolution! the multitouch is great in the browser with pinch to zoom makes the browser so much more usable!

It also feels more expensive than a pulse, Id recommend getting it.

The res is much higher, 840x400, or something along those lines.

I'll be getting my SF on Wednesday, if all goes to plan, so I might be able to do a comparison video with the Pulse on 2.2

Guest Quicklite
What's the call quality and volume like in comparison to the Pulse? Pulse was AWFUL at functioning as a phone!

Like to know that too! returned iPhone 4 for that reason... :lol:

Guest mannybianco
will this ever be able to run 2.2 froyo?

Assuming the rumors about a Chinese version of the Blade running 2.2/FroYo are true - yes.

Edited by mannybianco

Guest mannybianco
Has this got a compass or accelerometer in it btw?

Also does it have a Proximity sensor

It does have a compass, and a proximity sensor as well as a light sensor. I have not seen confirmation on the accelerometer, but I don't think Google would let them put the Google apps (Market, Maps, GMail etc) on the thing if it hadn't - so I'm gonna assume yes.

Edited by mannybianco

Guest blackmath

Of course it has an accelerometer. If it didn't it'd be mentioned by the many users of the phone.

It has a 3 axis one which is usable in a lot of games.

Edited by blackmath

Battery life seems OK - or OK for a smartphone anyway.

Roughly 24 hours with quite a bit of wifi use and downloading few apps.

The only drawback I've found so far is the media player isn't terrific. Not too loud compared to an ipod. Bearable though.

I installed the Smart keyboard app and its very good.

Guest flatnote31

Just received mine.....

same dimensions as my Nokia E71, even same thickness...

looks quite elegant for a phone at this price!

giving it the first charge....then off we go unlocking :lol:

Guest Quicklite

Just received mine, no doubt the screen is OLED - so far just got to try the music player. The speaker is very good for a mono. Almost produce as much bass as Nokia 5800, which arguably has one of the best speakers around. :lol:

Hi there, seriously considering taking the plunge and using a £10 simplicity SIM.

How does this phone compare to the HTC Hero?

How is the battery life?

Will it get Froyo?

How is the game performance, like with the angry birds beta etc?

thanks in advance guys.

When I had my Pulse *sob sob* I unlocked it to 3UK, and had to enter the APN info manually. Is it the same deal with the Blade?

Will.

Yes, what i have noticed on 3 is if you select 2g only you lose 3 service. Would be good if you could try this to see if you get same.

Just picked mine up today in liverpool city centre I was in to minds as to should get it when i seen the screen is slightly smaller than the pulse now I've seen the quality of it though glad I did internet looks amazing time to have a play

Edited by newpbc