I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Is it just me or is the screen a bit... orange? Seems like whites aren't white but have a tint of orange.

That's because you haven't debranded it yet, it's still full of orange, once you use the mcr the orange tint goes ;-)

Edited by clivec

How does this stack up to the HTC HERO?

I went in store and the guy said i would be taking several steps down moving from the Hero to the San Fransisco, is that right?

The Hero has a better camera and better build quality, but that's about it. He was probably trying to shift old stock of Hero's...

Guest supertwisted
Is it just me or is the screen a bit... orange? Seems like whites aren't white but have a tint of orange.

Mine has a pink tinge on lower brightness settings. Think theres another thread about it here, just a trait of some OLEDs by the sounds of it. Can't says it bothers me much.

I have noticed some colour banding as well, but again it's slight enough not to bother me.

The overall quality of the screen more than makes up for the few deficiencies I've noticed.

Guest tmobilepulse

agree with you.

i think you have read my post for the screen quesiton.

it compares the screens of SF and moto dext.

i think it is a little bit red or pink :lol: ?

rang up the orange shop in enfield town (after several attempts to get through, including leaving a message, ...). the bloke said they have two in stock - i've reserved one, and will be down there tomorrow morning at 9 am :lol:

how does it compare to the pulse flib?

It's way better, at first I found it odd because it feels so different but used to it now. The pulse is probably more sturdy if you were to drop it but other than that the SF is better. On the pulse I had to uninstall stuff all the time to try new apps, on the SF I have lots more stuff installed and loads of space left. The battery life is probably around the same once I stop playing with the SF all day. The SF has no front camera but that was useless on the Pulse anyway due to lack of support. It's lighter than the pulse.

how does it compare to the pulse flib?

It's awesome. First time I used it I wasn't sure about it because it felt so different. But after playing with it for a few hours it's already my new favourite. It's so much quicker. Angry Birds is super smooth, Fruit Ninja is smooth. The screen is really really nice. I like it a lot.

There is one thing bugging me about the OS on this phone. The system UID isn't set to the android default so I'm unable to use the system version of ADW Launcher.

I wonder how to fix this..

Guest Gibbo501

Hi guys, new to the site and Smartphones. I'm torn between this and the LG GT540 Optimus.

Looking on Orange's web site the specs for the LG seem to be better. Are they, or are Orange just poor at detailing?

San Francisco Specs:

* 3-megapixel camera

* 3G+

* Android v2.1

* WiFi

* touch screen

* MP3 player

* email

* music player

* Bluetooth®

* FM radio

* tri band

* USB compatible

* SatNav

* Video Messaging

* external memory up to 32GB microSD

* internal memory 150MB

* IMAP4

* POP3

* camera

LG Specs:

* 3-inch touch screen

* Androidâ„¢ operating system

* 3.15-megapixel camera

* WiFi 802.11 b/g

* Bluetooth®

* FM radio RDS

* A-GPS support

* MP3 player

* speakerphone

* 3.5 mm audio jack

* internal memory 130MB

* external memory up to 32GB microSD

* GPRS

* EDGE

* HSDPA

* 3G

* WiFi

* USB compatible

* vibrating alert

* accelerometer

* autofocus

* geo-tagging

* FM radio

* built-in games

* GPS

* touch control

* camera

* music player

* MMS

* multimedia

* Contacts Backup

Guest sorrowuk

Just got this.

If the phone is off and you look at the screen outside, is there meant to be lots of little dots equally spaced round the screen, like it has an overly on it.

My iphone didnt have this and it was capacitive touch :S

Oh no! I really love this App, anyone else having this prob'. Can someone install it just to test!

I laugh like a kid at that cat. Sad really.

Will.

Just discovered that if memory is below 50 odd meg then cat freezes. Did a reinstall and deleted some apps now works fine in 74 meg What i dont get though is why it works on pulse with far less memory, might be a case of app2sd on san fran though i will leave that to the gurus to decide

Edited by CHUMBLY

Hello all.

This might seem a pretty daft question but I don't really get on with qwerty keyboards (big fingers and all) don't suppose anyone can tell me if this phone has a number keypad for text input - something like the Hero, think the Samsung's have a very similar keyboard layout....

Thanks chaps :lol:

Ok, I'm thinking of buying a San Fran or a pre used Acer liquid (not the 'e' version). The San Fran is obviously harder to get since I'm Swedish, the camera is inferior to the liquid (don't use the camera so often so it shouldn't be a deal breaker), the cpu is weaker than the liquid and finally the screen which both have the same resolution but different type where the San Fran is better. Is it a matter of look and feel or is it obvious which one I should buy?

Edited by Adler

Hello all.

This might seem a pretty daft question but I don't really get on with qwerty keyboards (big fingers and all) don't suppose anyone can tell me if this phone has a number keypad for text input - something like the Hero, think the Samsung's have a very similar keyboard layout....

Thanks chaps :lol:

Don't have the phone yet, but I know the built in touchpal one has a few layouts you might like B)

Guest nick_sub

Am thinking of getting a Blade to replace my Pulse (which I only bought 2 months ago :\ )

Went to the local Orange shop today to check it out and I have to say I wasn't all that keen on the look of it. The plastic is nice, but the chrome bits looked cheap to me, and I wasn't mad on the buttons (particularly volume up felt crappy on the display model).

On the plus side there is no cover over the USB port. The other thing I noticed is that the screen is a bit narrower and a bit taller than the Pulse (~1mm)

Interested to hear what those who have already bought one think. I'm still very tempted...

Guest will7201
Just discovered that if memory is below 50 odd meg then cat freezes. Did a reinstall and deleted some apps now works fine in 74 meg What i dont get though is why it works on pulse with far less memory, might be a case of app2sd on san fran though i will leave that to the gurus to decide

Nice one chumbly. As long as it repeats everything my wife says, non-stop! That's good enough for me!

Will.

Anyone else on 3 found that if you select use 2g only you lose service. Ime getting this all the time. Is it the same on other networks

Check that you have data roaming enabled in Settings\Wireless\Mobile Networks (at least that's where it is on my Hero running a 2.2 custom rom)

If you don't have that enabled, you won't get any data on 2G on the 3UK network.