I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Check that you have data roaming enabled in Settings\Wireless\Mobile Networks (at least that's where it is on my Hero running a 2.2 custom rom)

If you don't have that enabled, you won't get any data on 2G on the 3UK network.

Thanks for reply Stooby but no change same issue

It's awesome. First time I used it I wasn't sure about it because it felt so different. But after playing with it for a few hours it's already my new favourite. It's so much quicker. Angry Birds is super smooth, Fruit Ninja is smooth. The screen is really really nice. I like it a lot.

I just managed to buy one, they are awesome. So much nicer and more responsive than the pulse Been playing soccer superstars on there no problems. This is one of the first handsets to make me go wow, like when i had a go on desire was a little disappointed for price but for £99 this is amazing.

p.s did the £4.99 unlock, very good service and can use paypal

Guest fradleyp
It's awesome. First time I used it I wasn't sure about it because it felt so different. But after playing with it for a few hours it's already my new favourite. It's so much quicker. Angry Birds is super smooth, Fruit Ninja is smooth. The screen is really really nice. I like it a lot.

where do i get angry birds from?

Guest feckineejit
How can I transfer files to the San Francisco? Plugging it in Via USB just brings up some error messages about drivers...Im on Windows 7...

If you connect it to your computer, you can go into your c drive and you should see the memory card. just open it and add files into the desired folder.

Guest Matt Thompson
If you connect it to your computer, you can go into your c drive and you should see the memory card. just open it and add files into the desired folder.

Paul has linked to Windows 7 drivers here.

Download and install those then when you connect your device it should mount.

You may need to tell it to mount if your settings are not to automatically mount but it will tell you this or display as USB icon in the notification area - if the latter then drag the notification area down and click the "USB connected" item to select mount.

Now you can open "My Computer" to drag the file over. Drag the image to the root of the device - once it's been successfully flashed the bootloader will rename it so it doesn't try to reflash over and over again.

This is bugging me now!! Every time I reboot the phone, it asks me to select what home screen I want. Is this normal? Obviously, while I'm setting things up, I'm rebooting quite a bit!!

Am thinking of getting a Blade to replace my Pulse (which I only bought 2 months ago :\ )

Went to the local Orange shop today to check it out and I have to say I wasn't all that keen on the look of it. The plastic is nice, but the chrome bits looked cheap to me, and I wasn't mad on the buttons (particularly volume up felt crappy on the display model).

On the plus side there is no cover over the USB port. The other thing I noticed is that the screen is a bit narrower and a bit taller than the Pulse (~1mm)

Interested to hear what those who have already bought one think. I'm still very tempted...

Try using the San Fran then you will appreciate its advantages (and a few disadvantages).

Edited by cagster

My first impression of the phone... bloody heck the battery cover is a bit hard to get off!

She needs a firm hand :lol:

So Fibblesan - are you going to be developing your legendary FLP roms for this (please please do) ? The work you did on the Pulse was massively appreciated and made the phone much nicer to use.

Is it just me or is the screen a bit... orange? Seems like whites aren't white but have a tint of orange.

Yep the colours are off. Personnaly I turned the brightness down (it is a bright beast) and for me the tints of orange are less obvious on the white browser pages. Some say you can turn the brighness up but it doesnt get rid of it totally and I get a headache as it then becomes too bright. If you look at photos of people there skin colour is orange.

We must remember this is a £100 phone :-).

Perhaps ZTE took their loyality to ORANGE too far :lol:

I got mine just a few hours ago and I havnt put it down since. The thing is unbelievable, Im still trying to find the catch.The only thing I dont like is the fake chrome on the sides, but I think I know what to do. Does anyone know what type of spray paint would be required :lol: Seriously, it does look pretty easy to disassemble. Im thinking maybe a red or black accent would look perfect.

Also I have to say the from factor is perfect. At just 56.5mm wide it doesnt feel bulky like a lot of phones these days.

Guest tonemgub1
Yep the colours are off. Personnaly I turned the brightness down (it is a bright beast) and for me the tints of orange are less obvious on the white browser pages. Some say you can turn the brighness up but it doesnt get rid of it totally and I get a headache as it then becomes too bright. If you look at photos of people there skin colour is orange.

We must remember this is a £100 phone :-).

Perhaps ZTE took their loyality to ORANGE too far :lol:

You can't be serious... orange screen... I thought OLEDs were the best type of screen on the market?

You can't be serious... orange screen... I thought OLEDs were the best type of screen on the market?

That's one of the characteristics of many OLEDs.

ALSO IT'S A £99 PHONE, DEAL W/ IT, SISTER.

This is bugging me now!! Every time I reboot the phone, it asks me to select what home screen I want. Is this normal? Obviously, while I'm setting things up, I'm rebooting quite a bit!!

there was a check box i think its if you push the menu key to say stop asking, hope that helps.

also about the orange screen, i cant notice it. screen looks gorgeous especially while playing angry birds

I get same and wondered the same thing. Is it a difference between launcher and adw?

there was a check box i think its if you push the menu key to say stop asking, hope that helps.

also about the orange screen, i cant notice it. screen looks gorgeous especially while playing angry birds

Thanks will take a look.

Also, you got angry birds working?!! It won't even download for me, and was told it was because it's for FroYo only?

Guest Quicklite
I get same and wondered the same thing. Is it a difference between launcher and adw?

There is a 'set' button on the left? then there is also 'option' on the right - click it, you'll see the setting you'd need. :lol:

:lol:

Actually now I've been using the phone for a while I don't see it.. I think I thought it was more orange than it was due to the orange wallpaper. The colours are different to my Pulse but it looks more... warm, if you can understand it. For example I played the same video on the Pulse and the SanFran and the video looked better on the SanFran due to the colours being warmer. I would say the quality of the screen is pretty fantastic.

Guest tonemgub1
B)

Actually now I've been using the phone for a while I don't see it.. I think I thought it was more orange than it was due to the orange wallpaper. The colours are different to my Pulse but it looks more... warm, if you can understand it. For example I played the same video on the Pulse and the SanFran and the video looked better on the SanFran due to the colours being warmer. I would say the quality of the screen is pretty fantastic.

Oh right, yeah it does take time to adjust to a new screen. Now I can look forward to the arrival of my phone in peace :lol:

Guest clonmult
I got mine just a few hours ago and I havnt put it down since. The thing is unbelievable, Im still trying to find the catch.The only thing I dont like is the fake chrome on the sides, but I think I know what to do. Does anyone know what type of spray paint would be required :lol: Seriously, it does look pretty easy to disassemble. Im thinking maybe a red or black accent would look perfect.

Also I have to say the from factor is perfect. At just 56.5mm wide it doesnt feel bulky like a lot of phones these days.

+1

I picked mine up on the way home last night. There must be a catch, and the closest I can find so far is that battery life doesn't look like it'll be that great, but as long as it lasts a day I'll be fine.

Although listening to some music this morning on headphones, found that there's a subdued click or thump every few seconds when the players switched off. Irritating.

And it definitely has a compass built in, which is definitely going to be useful.

Was comparing the screen to my 2nd gen iPod Touch. Its definitely a stunning screen - regardless of the price, but that its come in at sub 100 notes is incredible.

+1

I picked mine up on the way home last night. There must be a catch, and the closest I can find so far is that battery life doesn't look like it'll be that great, but as long as it lasts a day I'll be fine.

Although listening to some music this morning on headphones, found that there's a subdued click or thump every few seconds when the players switched off. Irritating.

And it definitely has a compass built in, which is definitely going to be useful.

Was comparing the screen to my 2nd gen iPod Touch. Its definitely a stunning screen - regardless of the price, but that its come in at sub 100 notes is incredible.

I think like any phone the battery life will improve if you run the battery down then give it a full charge a few times.

Hi guys, first post.

I also picked up this device to play around on / spare phone (any excuse).

First impressions were great, but once you use it a bit longer you can see the limitations, which are not that many considering the price of the device. I have a Desire to compare and so far I have been impressed with the SF's battery life.

What has not impressed me is the music player. If used with headphones with an in built microphone the sound is tinny and sounds corrupted in some way. I thought it was the SD card, but having just plugged it in my home stereo it sounds fantastic. Data transfer is rapid between the SD and Windows Media Player too.

Does anyone have drivers for this phone which will work with Vista? Can I use the Windows 7 drivers on this forum?

Thanks!