I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Just got my San Francisco. Looks great!

Managed to get it for £80 with a non-functioning old orange number :lol:

Just one catch - my phone is showing 'no network'. I've put the Orange sim in that came with the phone and left it on charge (I always do a charge immediately on new gadgets).

Tried the online Orange activation page with no luck, the 0800 phone number also doesn't work.

Am I missing something obvious?

P.S. Also got an unlock code from HCK in minutes! B)

Ok, so I tried pulling the battery and removing/inserting the sim again but still no change. I guess it's just a case of calling Orange CS?

That Orange CS number is a bit flakey, I think!! I tried it several times. Sometimes it would be a dead line, other times it connected and said it could not help me at that time, and hung up and sometimes it will get through without any problems?!! Despite ring at around 10am, and them telling me my sim card would be active within 5 hours, it's still dead!! It's a good job I've unlocked it, and am using a Virgin SIM :lol:

Edited by synet

Guest flatnote31

Day after day, this thing is getting better and better :lol: still waiting for the catch (which so far seems to be the battery life)...

My only concern, are there "free" MS-Exchange server apps? was quite useful on my E71 and on top of all FREE and reliable...

I contemplating migrating everything to the Blade

PS: yes, I'm looking for a FREE app, guess if we didn't care about the quid, we would've all bought Nexus-1 B)

Guest flash2004
That Orange CS number is a bit flakey, I think!! I tried it several times. Sometimes it would be a dead line, other times it connected and said it could not help me at that time, and hung up and sometimes it will get through without any problems?!! Despite ring at around 10am, and them telling me my sim card would be active within 5 hours, it's still dead!! It's a good job I've unlocked it, and am using a Virgin SIM :lol:

Call either 08000790103 or 07973100450 to activate your SIM and get your £10 topup applied

Guest alimccarley
just got mine and unlocked to O2, how close is froyo 2.2 and what is a custom ROM is that better than froyo?

Hi, where did you get it unlocked and how much did you pay? I've just bought mine from the orange online store and it's getting delivered tomorrow. I'm on 02.

Guest daveycarter

After reading all the stuff about the Blade on Modaco and the work Paul has already done in such a short time, I have used my day off wisely and been out and bought one.

Before swithcing it on for the first time to use it properly, plugged into the PC, rooted and put on the MCR rom. Woooo Hooo what a phone for the money!!!!! Its way better than my Pulse (which I thought was good for the price when I bought it).

Can't wait to see what ROMS get cooked for this, especially Froyo ones.................

Dave :lol:

My next little niggle...

I had a missed call earlier. It popped up on the notifications bar and I cleared it. However, when the phone locks it still says I have 1 missed call. How can I clear it from the lock screen?

(Sorry if my questions seem basic, but this is my first android phone)

Day after day, this thing is getting better and better :lol: still waiting for the catch (which so far seems to be the battery life)...

My only concern, are there "free" MS-Exchange server apps? was quite useful on my E71 and on top of all FREE and reliable...

I contemplating migrating everything to the Blade

PS: yes, I'm looking for a FREE app, guess if we didn't care about the quid, we would've all bought Nexus-1 B)

Free Exchange client:

http://android.modaco.com/content/software...seven-email-im/

B)

P

Guest flatnote31

You, Sir, are the man of the week, may be month, still have to wait to say "year" B)

Here goes my always-crashing S60_3rd Symbian down the gutters..... I might be a total Droid convert soon :lol:

next few nights shall be spent learning the coms to train my droid-muscles... need to get the MCRs in asap....

still waiting for Froyo though

Still amazed how fast this lil piece of kit has gone through an entire life-cycle in less than 36 hrs..... (MCR, unlock, thou's of followers and readers)

one sincere request, can someone add the "thumbs up" emoticon to the list? I reckon it's a must in such a forum...

Don't have the phone yet, but I know the built in touchpal one has a few layouts you might like B)

OH MY!! :lol:

IM SOLD IM SOLD IM SOLD on the idea..... now where's that debit card..... B)

ZTE seems to be looking up to HTC for inspiration when it comes to openness with the community. They released their source prety damn quickly compared to the likes of Samsung (and even Huawei when they took a couple of weeks to release their kernel source...)

Guest lowrider007

Anyone find that music sometimes stutters slightly on the SF's mp3 player?, usually it seems to do it when 3G is updating apps in the backgrounds, perhaps 320kbs mp3 encoding is a bit much for the phone?

Edited by lowrider007

Guest feckineejit
Hi, where did you get it unlocked and how much did you pay? I've just bought mine from the orange online store and it's getting delivered tomorrow. I'm on 02.

I got mine done here: NCK

I am getting too many freezes and force closes, have not updated rom yet. What could be the problem i am baffled? Is there a list of apps that are problematic on blade or any known apps that would do this. I have a class 6 sd card 8 gig with 74 meg ram free, any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks

My next little niggle...

I had a missed call earlier. It popped up on the notifications bar and I cleared it. However, when the phone locks it still says I have 1 missed call. How can I clear it from the lock screen?

Anyone got any on this? it's still there on my lock screen!!

Are you using a replacement home app such as LauncherPro? This seems to be causing a few freezes for me from time to time.

Thanks for reply, I am only using the launcher that came installed, would you reccommend adw? Many thanks

Also, I am told, android apps do not really close, so you could be running loads of them in the background. People recommend advanced task killer to sort this out.

Thanks for reply, iuse atk alot but no joy. A friend told me that atk could also cause probs by terminating processes that are shared by other apps

Guest maverick6378

Hi all,

Anyone having trouble with wifi?, I've rooted and installed the new rom but when the phone locks it loses the wifi signal and I have to turn off and on again to get an I.P. I have checked never sleep in the advanced wifi menu also.

Any ideas?, it didnt do it prior to installing the rom?, don't really want to go back to orange rom as this rom is much better.

I have unlocked and was using my 2g t-mobile sim don't know if thats made a difference, but since then I put the 3g orange sim back in the phone but I get no 3g even though orange have text me to say the settings have been updated???

I've also noticed some jerky scrolling and some freezing when typing on the keyboard, ive installed the following apps so far and have a couple of questions at the end

Modded keyboard

Ad task killer

barcode scanner

beeb anywhere

compass

F1 timing

facebook

ferrari wallpapers

fikie wallpapers

gvSIG Maps

talking tom free

rom manager 1.8.4.1 - don't know really what this does

setcpu 1.4.3 - would love to overclock slightly but not experienced enough yet

unistaller

world newspapers

world cams

transdriod

my player

ringdroid

and a few other wallpapers.

Also would like to ask the members is there anyway of installing straight onto SD card from pc or alternatively installing from apk from SD to SD?.

Is there an app to make the HTC clock in Sense clock smaller?

What is superuser for?

If I update to an 8 or 16gb card is it better to have a class 4 or 6 will this help my phone run faster?, or is it unnecessary

Final question sorry to be a pain what is the kernal for?

Thanks guys

Since this post on another thread I have reset factory settings and wifi now stays on and phone seems smother all round.

Is there any easier way to unlock the phone other than pressing the top key to get the screen back on, sorry guys to bombard u with all the questions im just a newbie who is hungry to learn and i promise you have googled quite a bit trying to find out myself first.

Cheers