I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest daveycarter

Thank god its not just me!

My wifi nd 3g reception is awful !!!

Not sure if its the phone or the rom, as i upgraded as sooon as i unboxed it.

How are folks with standard roms getting on with reception???

If there are few issues, i will be going back to stock rom...............

:-(

Guest flatnote31

Probably the network

Don't expect too much out of Orange 3g!

anyone else got a poor antenna? i've noticed i hardly get above 2 bars unless i'm outside

Guest flatnote31

I had the same thing out of the box, once it locks, it loses wifi connectivity (even with WiFi sleeping policy switched to NEVER)

Awesome if root cause can be found, but even if not, that's smthn I can live wit hfor the price :lol:

Hi all,

Anyone having trouble with wifi?, I've rooted and installed the new rom but when the phone locks it loses the wifi signal and I have to turn off and on again to get an I.P. I have checked never sleep in the advanced wifi menu also.

Any ideas?, it didnt do it prior to installing the rom?, don't really want to go back to orange rom as this rom is much better.

Cheers

Edited by flatnote31

Guest Gibbo501

Picked up mine last night, got a 20% discount for working in the public sector.

My number transferred to the new SIM and phone in under an hour.

Very impressed so far - especially the maps (not the Orange one) and GPS locator. No issues with wireless at all.

The only problem I've encountered is that I can get to the Android marketplace & view the apps, but when I try and download the bar doesn't progress.

Is there anywhere you can put in a proxy server address so I can get the net on my corporate wireless?

Edited by Gibbo501

Guest fremar

Ok, good my spouce picked up the package so I will tell her to charge it and give me the IMEI so I can order a unlock code. Then I will root it and install the custom rom when I get home.

Guest JokerNJ
Anyone find that music sometimes stutters slightly on the SF's mp3 player?, usually it seems to do it when 3G is updating apps in the backgrounds, perhaps 320kbs mp3 encoding is a bit much for the phone?

I've found that there is usually a bit of stutter on the first shuffle track and then again if I skip a few tracks. Using the standard Music app and Doubletwist.

Guest Blake Loring
Thanks for reply, iuse atk alot but no joy. A friend told me that atk could also cause probs by terminating processes that are shared by other apps

Try just wiping the phone (Follow the MCRi guide up to the part with the fastboot commands then type fastboot-whatever erase userdata and then fastboot-whatever erase cache) this will make the phone start from scratch.

Guest Trappedin80's
Hello again. Who does Orange use for delivery?

Thanks

I'd never heard of the delivery firm before, to be honest, and I can't remember their name either. But, they were very quick.

Guest Cazomino05

just picked one up from the orange store at home and waiting for an unlock code for my T-mobile contract sim, so far so good though I don't get any coverage from Orange where I currently am :lol:

Guest CHUMBLY
Try just wiping the phone (Follow the MCRi guide up to the part with the fastboot commands then type fastboot-whatever erase userdata and then fastboot-whatever erase cache) this will make the phone start from scratch.

Thanks tried it (Twice) Still getting freezes on talking Tom. Anyone got this app to work for more than 2 mins

Guest Trappedin80's
Thanks tried it (Twice) Still getting freezes on talking Tom. Anyone got this app to work for more than 2 mins

I had that app' the other day and the first couple of times it was very stuttery and would then freeze, requiring me to come out of it altogether, but then it settled down (no more freezing) but it still wasn't really running smoothly enough for me to be totally happy with it, so I deleted it.

Guest CHUMBLY
I had that app' the other day and the first couple of times it was very stuttery and would then freeze, requiring me to come out of it altogether, but then it settled down (no more freezing) but it still wasn't really running smoothly enough for me to be totally happy with it, so I deleted it.

Interesting thanks. I wonder if its not compatible with blade it works 100% on pulse running flib 1,6b