I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Cazomino05
this phone is such an improvement on the pulse its not even funny

+1 I can finally not worry about missed text messages if I use the browser

Guest clivec
anyone else got a poor antenna? i've noticed i hardly get above 2 bars unless i'm outside

I've posted about this on another thread, i believe its more to do with the recieved signal display calibration than actual reception. You'll notive that even with the low signal reading it still works fine. As regards wifi, i've noticed that the wifi signal level seems to read zero too, even tho it actually works fine, usually if you reboot, it sorts it. Wierd really.

Guest cipster

Hello to all,

I have just bought my San Francisco. I'm amazed at the price. I was so undecided between this and LG Optimus 540 but finally decided for the San Francisco. I already unlocked it and getting ready to root and install the MoDaCo rom. Only one problem before that. I've noticed that the colors of the screen are very very bright, for example yellow is more like glowing orange and green goes like fosforecent green, i've tried to see if there is something like a color control but in the menu i can only adjust the brightness and nothing changes, even with brightness low. My friend has a htc wildfire and a nokia 5800, the difference between them and this is huge. Don't really know what to do. Is it faulty or is this because of the orange custom rom. I don't want to root or flash it because I don't want to

thank you in advance.

Guest tom619

Im just interested to know if anyone has managed to order this off the website and get both student discount and quidco? I ordered but only received the discount and quidco hasnt tracked at all for 3 days!

Guest Simon O
i did what you just said but with top cashback, it hasn't gone through, only the student discount :lol:

Well at least you saved £10. I think the cashback was only £12 anyway wasn't it?

Guest triplezoney

I'm going to phone Orange up & see what discounts I can get.

Was with them for about 6 years before going to tmobile so see what they offer to have me back! Will let you know what I can get off being a now 'non orange customer'!

Guest mobile579
Picked up mine last night, got a 20% discount for working in the public sector.

My number transferred to the new SIM and phone in under an hour.

Very impressed so far - especially the maps (not the Orange one) and GPS locator. No issues with wireless at all.

The only problem I've encountered is that I can get to the Android marketplace & view the apps, but when I try and download the bar doesn't progress.

Is there anywhere you can put in a proxy server address so I can get the net on my corporate wireless?

What process did you need to go through to get the public sector discount? Do you need to fax proof if you order by phone?

What mapping application are you using? One of the main uses for the phone is going to be SatNav (why buy a SatNav when you can get a mobile phone) so any feedback on the SatNav option would be appreciated.

TIA

what is this like compared to the wildfire which is getting hot on HDUK for £149?

This is better due to its far superior screen unless you want the better camera on the wildfire.

Also the wildfire is expensive to unlock.

Guest fradleyp
This is better due to its far superior screen unless you want the better camera on the wildfire.

Also the wildfire is expensive to unlock.

why is it getting so hot on HDUK

why is it getting so hot on HDUK

It's a HTC. Comes with Sense.

I recommend the SF, so much better, on so many levels.

Edited by Rem1x

Guest blue-e

I have finally managed to pick one up from the orange shop in scarborough today after a week of being told that they cant sell me one, got it unlocked and MCR'd as soon as I got home and then had it taken from me by the other half because its nicer than my old pulse she has been using for the last few weeks.

Gonna have to go buy another in the morning I think

Dave

Guest will7201
I have finally managed to pick one up from the orange shop in scarborough today after a week of being told that they cant sell me one, got it unlocked and MCR'd as soon as I got home and then had it taken from me by the other half because its nicer than my old pulse she has been using for the last few weeks.

Gonna have to go buy another in the morning I think

Dave

Hmmm, I think I'll learn from this and keep the missus in the dark :)

Will.

Guest tom619
i did what you just said but with top cashback, it hasn't gone through, only the student discount :)

In the same boat as you mate ordered it got student discount but not had quidco tracked, bummer!

Guest tiggerlator

Soooooo is it worth selling my wildfire and getting one of these?

If so, is there anyone in the hull area wants to buy a wildfire? £100 :)

Guest Gibbo501
What process did you need to go through to get the public sector discount? Do you need to fax proof if you order by phone?

What mapping application are you using? One of the main uses for the phone is going to be SatNav (why buy a SatNav when you can get a mobile phone) so any feedback on the SatNav option would be appreciated.

TIA

All you need is a payslip or something official. Luckily I'd just been for an interview and had my CRB document with me, which they accepted.

I'm using Google maps for satnav. Haven't tried it out properly but it seems to work very well and the GPS is accurate, so I can't see it being a problem.

Guest MrNike

Hi,

when i pickup a sf at an orange store i ll have to pay 99 + 10 'top up' ('pay as you go'). Do i have to leave any personal information or can i just pick up the phone ? I m from germany and will visit some friends in london next week. Thanks for your answer,

Greetings,

MrNike

Guest pinkllama
Hi,

when i pickup a sf at an orange store i ll have to pay 99 + 10 'top up' ('pay as you go'). Do i have to leave any personal information or can i just pick up the phone ? I m from germany and will visit some friends in london next week. Thanks for your answer,

Greetings,

MrNike

no, you don't need anything. just the cash!

ask your friends if any of them work for the NHS (health service) or local government, if they do you'll get £20 off the price if they take proof into the orange shop.