I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

So I have a pretty sweet 'debrand and optimise' pack, but pushing it without a custom recovery is potentially dangerous.

Shall I post it or not, that is the question!

It removes the Orange stuff, and adds back Email, Google Talk, Desk Clock, Car Home, updates Maps, Street and Voice Search. It also renames 'FMRadio' to 'FM Radio'. That annoys me. :)

P

How about making a script that does adb remount then removes apps, pushes new ones, sets permissions, wipes dalvik and reboots. Unless that's what you've already done :lol:

Blimey, glad this phone did not get released any earlier or I reckon the Pulse would have been abandoned long ago from a development perspective.

Thankfully it looks like Pulse is just going to manage to get a very good 2.1 ROM, swap, overclock and multitouch, just before everyone jumps ship and legs it!

To those that go for a Blade - good luck with the hax. Looks a decent bit of kit.

Hey All, noob alert :lol: Just saying Hi and throw big kudos to you guys here at Modaco. Wow this place is amazing for all the info and tips/guides and has helped me No End...Really' Much Thanx folks :)

The San Fran seems to be a cracking entry device (bang 4 buck) Iv been looking at getting my first android and really tempted with this to mess around on before i opt for a higher spec model with contract. Although the spec on the SF are xtremely impressive out of the box :(

Great to see the guys here are already all over this with reguard to rooting/rom It seems a real contender, and without all the Orange bloating, think it will defo be a no brainer.

Cheers

Do all Orange shops have it stocked now?

no i rang round 11 :lol:

only 1 store had it and they only had 2, 1 of them i reserved and im on my way to go pick it up now aparenly im in the first 8 to reserve / buy one :)

the store is the flagship orange store in middsumers palce milton keynes the orange store about 20metres away i n the same shopping centre wont be getting any till saterday ?? dont ask my why they have two orange shops so close or why the extra 3 days . right now im reall exited

Guest varelasaraiva
'still don't know how'?

That makes it sound like you've been waiting for ages. :lol:

P

This thread has been moving forward so quickly that it seems like it has been a long time. (j/k) :)

I just went into Orange store in Southampton and they had it in stock, I really like it feels really good in the hand and looks alot better than the pictures. Only problem is the unlock, so until it is unlocked I can't buy it :-(

I just went into Orange store in Southampton and they had it in stock, I really like it feels really good in the hand and looks alot better than the pictures. Only problem is the unlock, so until it is unlocked I can't buy it :-(

why not do what im doing buy if now with the manatory 10 credit use it on orange for a month with that credit that gets you unlimited iinternet for that month (fair use says 100mb WTF!? but i have wifi at home so woont evr go over 100mb in a month) and 300 texts for said month and 10 quid credit to spend on whatever ie more internet or 100 mins or more text. after tthat month is over it probly will be unlocked and then put new network sim in

Guest will7201

Whoah, I just nearly ordered another Pulse off CeX after the digitizer went in the first one! So here I am with a £78 CeX credit voucher but needing cash cos this San Francisco (stoopid name) I have too have! Hmm, *scratches head* How do I swing this one with the wife? I know....chocolates & flowers!! :lol:

why not do what im doing buy if now with the manatory 10 credit use it on orange for a month with that credit that gets you unlimited iinternet for that month (fair use says 100mb WTF!? but i have wifi at home so woont evr go over 100mb in a month) and 300 texts for said month and 10 quid credit to spend on whatever ie more internet or 100 mins or more text. after tthat month is over it probly will be unlocked and then put new network sim in

100mb is just an insult to any android user lol. I imagine that would be used up in a matter of days just from customising the phone via the market....Im guessing tho that we will be able to buy the £5 bundle that gives 500MB from the £10 topup.

So, the wife just went into the Redditch store and picked one up (they got em yesterday) Just had a play, and it ain't too bad at all. Nice rubbery kinda feel to it, non slippy, good screen as has been discussed, seems pretty fluid through the pages and scrolling but noticably jerkier than the likes of a nex 1 or desire. Quite light too. But, I have to say, it's top stuff for the price, utterly brilliant.

Guest _melchett

i'm tempted but if i remember right Gingerbread needed 1ghz+ (if this isn't true please tell me to shut up! :lol: )

I'd be a little cautious of buying a new phone that's likely to be eternally stuck on 2.2 (maybe a hack will be available). Getting 2.1 on the pulse seemed to take forever, despite the great work done by everyone. I'd hate to get that feeling that a new os is out and i couldn't get it.

Guest David Horvath

If somebody would be so kind to send me one of these, i'll pay all expenses (99pounds and shipping) I'll send a turbosim to Paul. :lol: Deal?

I have to get one of these.. I have to get somebody who can buy and send it to me.. hmm...

Edited by David Horvath

Hello there, im currently very inetrested in this model. Is there any chance of running Quadrant benchmark, or any other for the matter, so that we can have an idea of it's eprformance in comparison with others?

Thank you very much