I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DJMarkyB

Thanks guys,

I think I will be going to the Redditch store tomorrow to buy one.

Have a blackberry, completely bored with it. But a solid phone, to make calls, text! And emails for work one too!

Just want a little gadget, without having to pay silly money like Iphone contracts are.

Is this a reasonable phone to get?

I really like the idea of wifi, in the house, what are the other major benefits would you say to novice?

Cheers again

Thanks guys,

I think I will be going to the Redditch store tomorrow to buy one.

Have a blackberry, completely bored with it. But a solid phone, to make calls, text! And emails for work one too!

Just want a little gadget, without having to pay silly money like Iphone contracts are.

Is this a reasonable phone to get?

I really like the idea of wifi, in the house, what are the other major benefits would you say to novice?

Cheers again

I have friends with iphone 4s, and this does everything that they do except facetime. Phone was £99, I don't expect to pay more than £15/month for some texts and internet, as that's pretty much all I need a phone for.

Edited by jim144

Guest DJMarkyB
I have friends with iphone 4s, and this does everything that they do except facetime. Phone was £99, I don't expect to pay more than £15/month for some texts and internet, as that's pretty much all I need a phone for.

Thanks Jim,

Excuse my ignorance... facetime? Wots this?

I've been playing with mine a bit, and I've noticed the WiFi reception is fairly poor, I'm sat infront of a Airport Extreme, Ive got full strength on my macbook, two iPhones and a Palm Pre, but the SanFrancisco says the wifi signal is 'poor'

The camera is rubbish in Low Light, I've been taking some pictures and then doing the same with my iPhone4, I'll upload the comparison later..

I'm finding WiFi reception here very good. Go figure! :lol:

P

A review would be awesome. About the screen, speed of Android, the physical layout and build of the phone, accu and so on. Could somebody make it?

I'll be doing a full review...

P

This isn't really new info. :lol:

P

Sorry I didn't see this no the orange spec sheets or in your first sort and it was a really positive surprise I didn't realise that every body else new sorry !

I'm another Pulse owner who is very tempted to buy this lovely machine.

I have a very nitpicky question though.

What about the audio jack connector ? Is it a 3.5mm jack or 2.5mm like the pulse's jack ?

The camera is no better or no worse than the Pulse. :lol:

I'd say it's worse. The lines running accross the picture are pretty bad.

Colours are off, but that's a 10 second photoshop job to fix.

Is that 100%? I heard that Honeycomb would be the proper tablet version of Android.

Gingerbread was seen on the nexus two. Maybe it'll be more compatiable with tablets.

Honeycomb is just android 2.3 iirc.

I'm a complete Android novice and wonder if anyone could answer some questions about this phone for me?

1. Given the limitations of the CPU is the OS likely to remain stuck at 2.1 or 2.2?

2. Does it have wireless N and HSDPA?

3. is the version of flash on this phone OK for BBC iPlayer or the myPlayer app?

4. If I bought this phone instead af a Galaxy S what would be the disadvantages apart from a lack of HD video and a poorer camera?

5. If I wiped Orange maps from it is it possible to download & use Google maps instead?

Thanks

Edited by dwl99

I'm a complete Android novice and wonder if anyone could answer some questions about this phone for me?

1. Given the limitations of the CPU is the OS likely to remain stuck at 2.1 or 2.2?

2. Does it have wireless N and HSDPA?

3. is the version of flash on this phone OK for BBC iPlayer or the myPlayer app?

4. If I bought this phone instead af a Galaxy S what would be the disadvantages apart from a lack of HD video and a poorer camera?

5. If I wiped Orange maps from it is it possible to download & use Google maps instead?

Thanks

Android 3.0 requires much higher specs than this phone. I would say that this phone will have at least 2-3 years of use as long as a Froyo port is made.

No wireless N or HSDPA

No flash on the phone. use myplayer for BBC iPlayer content

Slower CPU is the main disadvantage. Galaxy S has a 1Ghz snapdragon which is a lot quicker than the 600MHz MSM7227 in the sanfran.

Google Maps should be installed on the device already. It's part of the Google Android experience.

Guest Gigahurtz

Really torn now, just got the pulse working nicely and this new kid "San Francisco" arrives. Flibblesan will you stop Pulse ROM development if you get the San Fransico?

Edited by Gigahurtz