23/Sep: Kernel Source

Guest PaulOBrien

Good news! I've not had chance to compile it but the defconfig for the P729B is in there, so fingers crossed they've managed to release the correct code this time.

Afaik 29 will work for froyo but with some limitations, however if there is someone clever enough with enough time the changes made to the 29 blade source can be re-applied to a stock froyo kernel. Also, I would hope that given that the 880 will presumably be released in China soon, we can apply similar pressure to get the froyo kernel source too (eventually), they may just release it like they should anyway.

Guest ddotpatel

Another MASSIVE thank you to everyone who turned up the pressure on ZTE, no doubt if it wasn't for you guys they would still have their dodgy code up.

Good work everyone. ..... Another reason to ditch my HERO!

Ill be looking at a om tomorroe methinks

Did you mean a rom? Instead of a om?

Not taking the pee, just making sure om wasn't something I was missing lol.

Any chances for overclocking?

Edited by cobhc

Guest ddotpatel
Compiled fine and booted it, power button not working, battery status not avaliable.... f*ck you ZTE!

So has everyone been shafted then?.... Is it still an incomplete source?.....

Guest hero protagonist
Compiled fine and booted it, power button not working, battery status not avaliable.... f*ck you ZTE!

did you notice that there are:

board_zte_blade_.c.bak ( 74.38K )

board_zte_blade.c ( 68.17K )

in kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/ ?

I haven't run a diff yet, but probably renaming board_zte_blade_.c.bak to board_zte_blade_.c and compiling again will yield better results

Guest TheDOC1

Could you lead me to a small howto on how to compile a kernel with ubuntu (which crosscompiler etc.) and try it out afterwards?

Edited by TheDOC1

but it runs other than that? if so, at least it's a lot closer than before

did you notice that there are:

board_zte_blade_.c.bak ( 74.38K )

board_zte_blade.c ( 68.17K )

in kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/ ?

I haven't run a diff yet, but probably renaming board_zte_blade_.c.bak to board_zte_blade_.c and compiling again will yield better results

I just ran a diff on these, and the .bak file only adds comments sadly..