23/Sep: Kernel Source

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Stephen Hyde

2.1 (modaco r4) at min since 2.2 doesn play nice with touch screen at min

quadrant of 398 (but bear in mind 2.1 is crap in cpu benches anyway)

havnt tried over/undervolting at all not 100% sure of the layout of clock file.

so its running at stock voltage, battery dispaly is broken so i cant give idea on batt yet

Guest Matty-p
I'm sure its possible, would look forward to seeing this working :), maybe also try MIUI? :)

Hopefully may do miui if thats what peope want personally my Android phone isn't a iphone wannabe i actually ditches my iphone in favour of Android but maybe we should have a vote who wants sense who wants miui wont be able to even start deving till weekend schools crazy atm

Hopefully may do miui if thats what peope want personally my Android phone isn't a iphone wannabe i actually ditches my iphone in favour of Android but maybe we should have a vote who wants sense who wants miui wont be able to even start deving till weekend schools crazy atm

Im sure people would want Sense more, but I would like to try out MIUI as I dont have a device that I can use it on :), it does look iphoney but it's damn fast and looks so different to the usual android

Guest Matty-p
Im sure people would want Sense more, but I would like to try out MIUI as I dont have a device that I can use it on :), it does look iphoney but it's damn fast and looks so different to the usual android

Yea i heard its pretty fast may not be stunningly so for us as we only have the. 29 source right now i really want. 32 source just dreaming of miui with 2.2 .32 kernal at the 900 mhz stephen can squeze out of it with 512 ram andand app2sd and 32gb class6 sd card man this device has potetial :-)

Guest Matty-p
864 is most ya gonna get lol :)

How about if i tape an ice cube to the top back were the cpu is :) seriously though thats still prety good imo will the multiplyer simply not go higher or something or are you scared of frying it? ?

Guest Matty-p
theirs probably a restriction in kernel somewhere stopping it but not really bothered 864 is plenty fast

Yea apsoloutly thatsplenty fast enough even when im playing the most cpu intensive games i only use 80-90% cpu and i idle at less than 19%

Guest robot1000
theirs probably a restriction in kernel somewhere stopping it but not really bothered 864 is plenty fast

Once overclocked, do you think we can get Flash running on it?

Guest Matty-p
Once overclocked, do you think we can get Flash running on it?

Unfortunatly it is about the type of cpu rather than the speed ours hs a arm 6 cpu witch isnt supported by adobe but the ledgend has same cpu type and it has flash lite so possibly after lots of deving but its unlikely for.a.while

Guest ddotpatel
Unfortunatly it is about the type of cpu rather than the speed ours hs a arm 6 cpu witch isnt supported by adobe but the ledgend has same cpu type and it has flash lite so possibly after lots of deving but its unlikely for.a.while

"APPARENTLY" its tied in with Sense so all of the HTC stuff and libs would need to be ported. A very big job. But I read somewhere that a flash player that works on Ubuntu can be ported to run on an android kernel?

Guest Matty-p
"APPARENTLY" its tied in with Sense so all of the HTC stuff and libs would need to be ported. A very big job. But I read somewhere that a flash player that works on Ubuntu can be ported to run on an android kernel?

Phrahaps the arm ububtu versiob if we had the source and time

Guest Matty-p

(Quote name='sorrowuk' date='Nov 2 2010, 03:11' post='1461472']

So is it easy to make a froyo 2.2 build using this source ?

Yes but it is slower beacause its on a. 29 as apose to a

Guest jimmy2x2x

If everything is fixed now (battery and touchscreen) it would be nice to have an unmodified vanilla 2.1 rom if thats possible

Very exciting times for the phone, cant wait for what might appear in the next couple of weeks :)

It's looking promising, I had a mail from a guy from ZTE who was contacted by someone I got in touch with at Google, and if there are any problems with the source to let him know.

If any of the active devs need the names/contact details let me know, I have removed them so that they aren't flooded with requests.

Dear Robert

My name is _____. I am from ZTE Corporation. I know you from _____ who is from Google.

Because of Chinese National Day, we delayed the work of code fixing and publishing. I am very sorry for the dalay.

Now,we haved checked our code several times and maked sure that the released source code could be compiled well in our system. Please contact me or Mr _____([email protected]) if the posted code not work due to the different build environment. Thanks.

Best Regards

______

Edited by rjm2k