[OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest StevenHarperUK

I have produced an simple walk through (I just did my 1 week old San Fran in the past 2 hours or so)

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...m-from-scratch/

It shows you how to

1. Root the Phone

2. Install ClockworkMod

3. Install the MaDoCo rom : r3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-signed.zip

Its valid as of now (9 Oct) - I will try to keep it up to date.

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest jonesian

I have watched the video a couple of times and downloaded the files to a folder on my desktop.

How the heck do I get a comand window in XP, to type the commands in?

Someone mentioned Powertoys, I've googled that but it didn't help.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Guest Afrodude
I have watched the video a couple of times and downloaded the files to a folder on my desktop.

How the heck do I get a comand window in XP, to type the commands in?

Someone mentioned Powertoys, I've googled that but it didn't help.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

For sure: Link

Guest SteveV2
Thanks - I just keep getting a message saying fastboot is not recognised as an internal or external command?

Hi, new here. I get the same as you! Never used a command prompt before. Had to google it to find out how to find it on XP lol.

My SF didn't install properly once connected to my pc. I let it search the interent for drivers but nothing came up. I can however copy files onto the memory card..........

I'll monitor here with jonesian and hope for a solution. Want to get he phone looking good :)

Guest Afrodude
Thanks - I just keep getting a message saying fastboot is not recognised as an internal or external command?

Make sure your files are in the same folder and the .zip file for fastboot is extracted.

You might need to change directory (i.e. cd c:\superboot\ ) to make the the command prompt be in the right folder.

Guest SteveV2

Yes, that was where i was tripping up. Download your fast boot and put the superboot file in the same folder. Also, if on XP like myself get the drivers from here..

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/ZTE_Blade

I also put the fastboot folder directly on the C: drive, for ease more than anything :)

in the menu 1.10 drivers.

I then got ahead of myself, confidence growing, never used comand until now. I installed the clockwork, exactly the same way as above.

Once done I turned the phone off, held the down button and turned back on. Screen upside down, went for the update.zip, which is not there as the rom is called something else from download. Just go back to the menu and select file from sd card. You will see the rom file, select that and let it install, about a min and a half. Once done hit the back button (right of menu) and select reboot. You'll see the new splash screen, or should do.

Chuffed with myself, honestly never used CP until today! If I can do it, everyone else should bealbe to.

My question is now, how do I customize everything? Gonna have a search and try to find out for myself but hopefully someone will find the time to let me know, bit like a fail safe lol.

Great site btw, can see me sticking around with my new phone. Had a N70 before haha.

Edited by SteveV2

Guest SteveV2

On a roll, I read on hotdeals, which is where I found out about the phone that it can scan barcodes. Was looking on the app store and saw the barcode app. Downloaded it, scanned a 2d barcode. Couldn't install it so have a search. Turned out I had to hit the menu button and and hit +add, and then widget. Select the fancy widget, which was the one I downloaded and there is was. Done it again for wallpaper and it's all going great.

I hope this and my last post helps someone out :)

Guest jonesian

Ok, I have a fastboot folder, a usb_driver folder and the md5sum app all in a folder on my desktop - do I need to move them to the c drive by dragging them?

Hello!

edit: ah ha I need to use sudo. Done, thanks very much.

I seem to have a problem that fastboot tells me <waiting for device> as if its not connected. Usb works perfectly when its turned on for copying files to the sd card. What have I missed??

Im using linux (opensuse 11.3) if that helps.

thanks

Edited by ekram

Hi! First post here. :)

My SF is coming in about 2 days and I really want to change to this custom rom. I just have one question: What about paid apps and user settings when changing rom, are they deleted?

I really appreciate all the effort you have put into this! :)

Guest Afrodude
My SF is coming in about 2 days and I really want to change to this custom rom. I just have one question: What about paid apps and user settings when changing rom, are they deleted?

You shouldn't loose custom apps and settings.

You shouldn't loose custom apps and settings.

What is then actually happening when I'm changing rom? :) Isn't it like installing a new OS on my desktop computer?

Guest joncdrl37

new member here total noob apologies already lol just got a blade and have been trying to debrand and flash have followed all instructions using fastboot and modaco r2 image all looks ok in command prompt no errors phone reboots but no difference at all what am i missing

any help much apprericiated

Guest Afrodude
new member here total noob apologies already lol just got a blade and have been trying to debrand and flash have followed all instructions using fastboot and modaco r2 image all looks ok in command prompt no errors phone reboots but no difference at all what am i missing

any help much apprericiated

Follow this guide

Guest soomrox

Excellent guide. It was very simple to follow your steps. Thanks.

I am just having one problem, which is the WiFi does not reconnect automatically.

It has remembered my home and work wifi but it does not connect, I have to turn wifi off and then back on to connect.

I am sure you would have a fix for this.

Thanks

Guest surfgeek

I have tried to root and get the following error

MacBook-Pro:fastboot dave$ fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img

-bash: fastboot-mac: command not found

Any help please

Thanks

Guest malooga

'fastboot-windows' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Thats what i keep getting, somebody help me please.

Guest vigadish

Hi all.

I know this may sound like a cheeky question, but is it possible to "1-click" root the San Fran/ZTE Blade? I rooted my X10 mini with this method. Before you all start hurling abuse, forgive my ignorance :)

Guest Bob@Desire

EDIT: Done, just took another browser

I can't download r3 Superboot for ZTE Blade and fastboot from the first post!

Please help me

Edited by Bob@Desire

Guest Ryan Fitz

Help!!

I've got to the stage where superuser was installed to the phone....

I then transfered the r3 boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img over to the SD card (via a card reader) and renamed the img to .tar.gz.....

Turner the phone off, then back on and stuck on the green android screen...........

I just can't get it to work!

Any help would be great!

Guest Ryan Fitz
Help!!

I've got to the stage where superuser was installed to the phone....

I then transfered the r3 boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img over to the SD card (via a card reader) and renamed the img to .tar.gz.....

Turner the phone off, then back on and stuck on the green android screen...........

I just can't get it to work!

Any help would be great!

Ok managed to work out it was the R3 rom download on the first page! it isn't the correct file for superuser method (?)

I copied the r3 rom of the other phone.... removed the "flashed" bit from the name and it worked! had me puzzled for hours!