[OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi

Guest PaulOBrien

Where do I download these files to?

I can open or save to somewhere... windows doesn't know what to open it with.

in windows explorer, my phone is Removable Disc F, with the following file structure:

+Android

+DCIM

LOST>DIR

+Media

svox

z7logs

I have not interface for between the phone and the pc, but I can obviously move files in and out of those folders.

Also in the video, you were having to type instructions, would they be done by going to start>run>cmd ?

Thanks!

Guest merlin617

I got my Orange S F on Thursday afternoon later that night it became free of the Orange crap and am running the MoDaCo Custom Rom - r4 . I am a complete newby to this but managed to get it done, only issue I had was on having rooted the phone it seemed to keep looping from green android to Orange screen , so I kept going through the process adding the clockwork mod and the rom. Just wanted to know why it was doing this?

Big thanks to Paul and StephenHarperUK for their work on this.

Edited by merlin617

Guest bignred84

bit of help please folks

on my second SF, first one sent back as faulty

anyway have rooted the phone (have superuser app) trying to load r3

not sure what's happened, seem to recall there was a separate download for the r3 rom (what's happened to this ??)

assumed I still had the file, anyway tried the process renamed it etc, however I'm now stuck on the green android man

any suggestions

thanks

Guest Glen_uk

Well I have to say this is an excellent ROM and superb forum. Just flash my wifes new San Francisco.

I did follow the video and instructions and seem to have mixed things up a little.

Anyway, when I renamed the file update.zip everything worked. Not sure exactly where I went wrong but I think I got one update method mixed up with another, the video says name it something else so I think that is where I went wrong. Others may have the same issue or may just read the instructions properly :/ unlike me.

What a great phone as well.

Thanks

Glen

Where do I download these files to?

I can open or save to somewhere... windows doesn't know what to open it with.

in windows explorer, my phone is Removable Disc F, with the following file structure:

+Android

+DCIM

LOST>DIR

+Media

svox

z7logs

I have not interface for between the phone and the pc, but I can obviously move files in and out of those folders.

Also in the video, you were having to type instructions, would they be done by going to start>run>cmd ?

Thanks!

I hope it's within board rules to be able to bump a post after a sufficient period - it's been a week and I am completely at a loss as to know where to start. I really want a green droid not an orange donkey... please help. Thanks.

Guest germcevoy

Christ I suck at this. Possibly down to the fact that I am crap with command prompt. Keep getting 'fastboot-windows' not recognized as an internal or external command.

Guest mopages

Hi,

I did the r3 superboot image on my san francisco, t but my WIFI is not working now :D

^ ignore that, ive figured out in order to get the wifi to work on the orange sanfrancisco i gotta restart my router in order for it to connect :P stupid but at least works, also turn sleep off and keep the phone from going on standby as it will drop the connection.

Edited by mopages

Great topic...now I have a phone with no orange branding. :)

I have a problem with clockwork recovery though, it wouldn't load ANY rom...always said somethingn like couldn't open file/aborted but when I threw some rom with a gz extension on it just worked. Doesn't seem to like the zip files for some reason, I tried putting the zipped rom on there and the unzippped folder on the card and neither would load. This was with multiple roms.

Any ideas why this could be? Don't know if this is an issue with clockwork recovery as I swear it's loaded properly. (Upside down with the options of load zip, cache etc) Thanks :)

Guest midwinter

Fantastic. This worked without any trouble and the de-Orangeified ROM works faultlessly.

I've just bought a SF based on the great work you've been doing here. I've been using an iPhone 3GS (work phone) for nearly a year - but missed Android - I used to use a G1 from when it came out.

Have to say the SF does the job really well and is a really good price.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Guest nottstalgia
From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img'

Need a little help here.

Running Vista and I cant see a command prompt when displaying the directory containing this file?

I thought it would be under file>Run?

but no run option is available?

Guest roguespear
Need a little help here.

Running Vista and I cant see a command prompt when displaying the directory containing this file?

I thought it would be under file>Run?

but no run option is available?

type "cmd" in the search bar, not forgetting enter will bring up a command prompt in vista :)

Guest mrbeeks

OK guys im stuck, i have followed instructions and all i get is waiting for device, i know this has something to do with drivers shows (Android!) in device manager. So my question is how do i get the drivers? im on XP Any help appreciated. Cheers

Sorry my first post and great work btw

Guest headcoat
Man that took way longer than it should. Got there though. Have superuser sitting there in the apps screens. Not sure what to do now lol.

Same here...can't find the .tar.gz file, where can this be found?

thanks

Help.

I have managed to load fastboot & superuser showed all ok in the phone....all go so far

I then copied the "r3" version of file mcri-system.tar.gz to sd card and all i now get is the green android...i have tried to load stock image, load other images, and none work just get green android.

What is weird is that whatever image i copy across to the sd card it shows as ".flashed", after a reboot ie it looks like it has loaded. All i can is copy files to the SD card (via usb pc mount), i can't attached via usb etc.

Any ideas please - i have read through the 14 pages and tried the things people have suggested but am stuck now - HELP!

Thanks

Richard

Guest SWOriginal
Help.

I have managed to load fastboot & superuser showed all ok in the phone....all go so far

I then copied the "r3" version of file mcri-system.tar.gz to sd card and all i now get is the green android...i have tried to load stock image, load other images, and none work just get green android.

What is weird is that whatever image i copy across to the sd card it shows as ".flashed", after a reboot ie it looks like it has loaded. All i can is copy files to the SD card (via usb pc mount), i can't attached via usb etc.

Any ideas please - i have read through the 14 pages and tried the things people have suggested but am stuck now - HELP!

Thanks

Richard

The mcri method keeps failing for most people, i suggest you use this guide instead Link

Guest LostGeordie

Hi guys,

Looking for some help - Ive search and search and i think is an okay place to post (please move if more appropriate elsewhere)

Ive been reading loads and bout the process to root and after hours today,have continue to familiarise myself with the process, but ive hit a little problem.

Im following this guide:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/

And im up to checking superboot with md5sum however my downloaded file appears as ‘boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3’ – so I cant find the file when trying ‘md5sum boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.ing’

What am I doing wrong?

Am i doing something stupid?

Help.

Thanks

Richard Link

Same here. I have rooted OK. I renamed the .img and transferred on to the card. When I turn the phone on it just sticks on the green android screen?

Can any body HELP me? Please. Thanks!

Edited by Manbag

type "cmd" in the search bar, not forgetting enter will bring up a command prompt in vista :huh:

Sorry, bit of a noob after various WM phones. Got a similar issue, running Vista, can see 'Fastboot-Windows' and 'adb-windows', but they both flash on screen then disappear :rolleyes:

Also, when I plug the SF in it won't install it's drivers...is that also the issue? Desperate to use this, but want to set it up first so as to not lose interim data!!!

Guest tekky123
joe998's solution worked. :rolleyes:

However something seems to have gone wrong as the phone now just sticks at the orange logo. :huh:

Have checked the mcri-system.tar.gz file on the SD card, and the filename has been renamed. Did an erase of user data but it didn't make any difference.

I'm downloading the stock system image at the moment in the hope that will bring it back to life. If anyone has any suggestions in the interim they'd be much appreciated as I'm slightly worried that I have a £100 paperweight. :huh:

Hey, I got the same problem! After turning on the phone on the screen there is only the orange logo. I followed all the steps as on YouTube, ran the boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img and placed the mcri-system.tar.gz file on the SD card, but have no idea why my phone doesnt go any further?

I've just bought a San Francisco, and am having trouble with the rooting process. I've managed to get as far as the picture below, and get the same message no matter what I do. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Blade02.jpg

Edited by danzaL

Where do you have fastboot-windows.exe? If you want it to work like this, you should put it in your Android folder on your Desktop.

Thanks, will give that a go. :rolleyes: