[OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest starM26
Great thanks.Went smoothly enough for a total noob to android.Also installed Sdk.But cant seem to find windows 7 drivers for the blade.

Hi, I have installed universal Androot on my phone - clicked on Root the the phone has been rooted. I switched the off and then on again - superuser permission also intalled on my phone now.

Have I done it right or is it something else todo?

How can I remove Orange applications from my phone?

MS

Guest islandofshame

alrite guys,

just followed the guide there, nice and easy - appreciated :huh:

also installed clockworkmod recovery aswell, going to wait until, fingers crossed, we get a stable/final froyo build though before going down the custom rom route...maybe :rolleyes:

daft question really, it says that in r3 of superboot that it changes the orange logo to the android guy, this has not changed for me...am I missing something?

cheers

- islandofshame :huh:

Guest .oOdunatosOo.

Hello from France B)

Does the root work on french version of the phone? Because when i push the volume up and turn on the phone i can see the logo of the phone but not the green android like in the video. It doesn't matter, isn't it?

Sorry for my english ^^.

Just to clarify before I go ahead and do anything, all I have to do is download the Fastboot rar and Superboot img.. copy the Superboot img into the Fastboot folder.. do the whole turn on while holding volume up thing.. then open Command Prompt on my computer and type 'run' then drag the Superboot img into the window and press enter? Then just the restart command?

Am I right? B)

I followed the guide for rooting the phone. All seemed well.

C:\>fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.s

uperboot.mcri.r3.img

sending 'boot' (3158 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... OKAY

C:\>fastboot-windows reboot

rebooting...

Phone rebooted fine, but colors seemed different. Now when it goes on standby, screen is not turning off unless I remove and replace the battery and booting takes a long time.

Is there any way to go back?

You'll need to flash the "stock" ROM/ boot image: Link

Just tried it. Same problem. I think I messed up bigtime. My Blade is non-UK (bought it in Greece) version with 256Ram and TFT screen, so boot might be different. Thing is I cannot get my hands on the original boot of my country.

Any ideas on any alternatives?

Install Clockwork Mod Recovery and try to restore this image (its a dump of a Hungarian ROM - it seems to be the same spec as yours). Got it from this topic.

Hopefully this will work for you.

Thank you! I will try it right away. Just one question, whenever I install a new boot image I lose access to the clockwork mod. Does boot image ovewrite recovery image as well?

Guest plantagoo

Hi!

As far as I understand the method described here in this thread is kind of outdated?! The actual/better method is this Clockwork mod thing, right?

Why leave this thread here pinned? I'm another Android-Root Noob totally confused now... B) I rooted my ZTE with this method only to find out that the R4 Custom Roms have to be installed with the Clockwork method?! So what do I have to do now?

I just wanted to get rid of all the Orange Apps and install german language files.

Greetings

plant

Nooby question time guys...

can i ask what the difference is between Superboot boot image or Universal Androot

i know superboot is better but i want to know what the difference is.

thanks in advance

Edited by HMZX

As far as I understand the method described here in this thread is kind of outdated?! The actual/better method is this Clockwork mod thing, right?

They do different jobs. Clockwork allows you to boot the phone into a type of recovery mode where you can flash a new ROM; but Superboot allows you to install and run programs within Android that require "root" access (i.e. elevated privileges; access to certain system folders).

Guest dipsomaniac
They do different jobs. Clockwork allows you to boot the phone into a type of recovery mode where you can flash a new ROM; but Superboot allows you to install and run programs within Android that require "root" access (i.e. elevated privileges; access to certain system folders).

thanks to everyone on here for sharing their knowledge.

took me a whole day to de-brand my orange sf. finally done it and am now confused. i initially superbooted and had the super user icon on phone. after flashing the rom using clockworkmod the super user icon has dissappeared - does this still mean my phone is rooted?

i am also unable to use internet on 3 network. when i called into 3 shop i was told that i had a 2g phone and wouldn't be able to connect and would have to buy a new phone. can anyone explain this?

also can i delete the rom image from sd card once it has been flashed

Edited by dipsomaniac

Guest misterLjay
thanks to everyone on here for sharing their knowledge.

took me a whole day to de-brand my orange sf. finally done it and am now confused. i initially superbooted and had the super user icon on phone. after flashing the rom using clockworkmod the super user icon has dissappeared - does this still mean my phone is rooted?

i am also unable to use internet on 3 network. when i called into 3 shop i was told that i had a 2g phone and wouldn't be able to connect and would have to buy a new phone. can anyone explain this?

also can i delete the rom image from sd card once it has been flashed

your phone should still be rooted, no explanation for why super user icon has disappeared, never had that even after numerous rom flashes

the phone is 3g, 3 want you to buy one of their phones, don't listen to them, did you put in the APN settings for 3?

yes you can delete the rom image from your sd card after flashing it

Guest dipsomaniac
your phone should still be rooted, no explanation for why super user icon has disappeared, never had that even after numerous rom flashes

the phone is 3g, 3 want you to buy one of their phones, don't listen to them, did you put in the APN settings for 3?

yes you can delete the rom image from your sd card after flashing it

thanks for reply. i haven't put the apn settings in for 3 into phone. for some reason i thought it was just like broadband and that phone would pick up settings automatically. spoke to 3 cs and they didn't have the phone settings listed on their website for this phone. they told me to take it to a 3 shop. i told them that i had tried that and then they said take it to a carphone warehouse to set up. can i do it manually?

thanks for reply. i haven't put the apn settings in for 3 into phone. for some reason i thought it was just like broadband and that phone would pick up settings automatically. spoke to 3 cs and they didn't have the phone settings listed on their website for this phone. they told me to take it to a 3 shop. i told them that i had tried that and then they said take it to a carphone warehouse to set up. can i do it manually?

Try the settings listed here:- Three APN Settings

By the way... like you, my phone was no longer rooted after I flashed my ROM, and I had to apply Superboot again. I think it depends on whether the flashed ROM was rooted by the author.

Guest dipsomaniac
Try the settings listed here:- Three APN Settings

By the way... like you, my phone was no longer rooted after I flashed my ROM, and I had to apply Superboot again. I think it depends on whether the flashed ROM was rooted by the author.

thanks for this. all working now after a few tweeks to apn settings. had a wasted journey to carphone warehouse. they wouldn't touch the phone as i didn't buy it from them - said they weren't insured if they damaged the phone while changing apn settings (ha)

deorangeated phone working well at the moment so a bit wary of trying to root again incase i brick it

Guest UnbelievablyScrewed

Argh... I just did this and my screen has remained on the green Android thing... I'm so worried that I feel sick =[. I love my phone :'( and only recently got it running on 2.2 where it got some screen res problems and i tried to fix it by following instructions... Imma die... I haven't put on insurance yet :P :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

PLEASE Help