[OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest .oOdunatosOo.

Argh!

I've tried to root my Blade but when i press enter after write "fastboot-windows...r3.img" my computer reboot with a blue screen Oo

What's going on?

I've tried again but my computer freezed --'.

Edited by .oOdunatosOo.

Hi can someone tell me what I have done wrong

first I have flashed my OSF with ClockworkMod custom recovery from this post

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/

then I have used a debranded ROM from this guide

http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk/how-to-unlo...francisco/1824/

all works fine.

Now I want to try the Froyo 2.2 ROM from here

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...battery-report/

so thought its best to do a back up so tried to install Titanium Backup but it said teh phone was not rooted

so tried to root the phone with the guide here in this thread

I can see the superuser icon but if I try the "su" command using in a shell comand I get "permission denied" so teh phone is not rooted correctly.

How do i root the phone once clockworkmod revovery is installed?

any help / ideas gratefully received

EliTom

hey

gotta feelin i'm being a complete noob and missing something blatenlly obvious.

just done fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img

but all i get is <waiting for device> :P

anyone know what i'm doing wrong and can point me in the right direction cheers

hey

gotta feelin i'm being a complete noob and missing something blatenlly obvious.

just done fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img

but all i get is <waiting for device> :P

anyone know what i'm doing wrong and can point me in the right direction cheers

did you Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.

once booting in this mode the green robot should not go away - wait a minute and make sure the robot stays

then the phone should stay in some kind of boot mode

then the command line prompt should work

EliTom

Guest Levanteri

Got my Blade today from Finnish carrier Saunalahti. Used the superboot root and everything went fine, except now my screen colours are screwed(green looks like blue etc.). Any ideas why this is happening? Something to do with the different versions of the phone? Like my version of the Blade and mcri superboot aren't compatible?

Sorry my bad. Now after installing a custom rom, everything works fine! Nice work Paul!

Edited by Levanteri

Guest Daimaah
Got my Blade today from Finnish carrier Saunalahti. Used the superboot root and everything went fine, except now my screen colours are screwed(green looks like blue etc.). Any ideas why this is happening? Something to do with the different versions of the phone? Like my version of the Blade and mcri superboot aren't compatible?

Sorry my bad. Now after installing a custom rom, everything works fine! Nice work Paul!

May I ask which ROM did you go for? I also have the Blade from Saunalahti and still figuring out which of these would work on the finnish version (TFT + 512 MB RAM) as some of the ROMs apparently aren't TFT/LCD aware and only work correctly on OLED Blades.

Guest Monty HD

Hi there, can anyone see why I am not able to do the fastboot from here? I keep getting the same error each time? What am I typing in wrong? The fastboot foler behind it is the one I am trying to do it from, and it is saved on the desktop.

Thanks!

Monty

problem_fastboot.txt

Guest Monty HD
Hi there, can anyone see why I am not able to do the fastboot from here? I keep getting the same error each time? What am I typing in wrong? The fastboot foler behind it is the one I am trying to do it from, and it is saved on the desktop.

Thanks!

Monty

Sorry, the screen shot wasn't saved properly.

Please see attached (it's in paint I'm afraid!)

Thanks.

post-796291-1291237778_thumb.jpg

Guest threewater
UBER NEWB mac terminal instructions, i wrote this for myself, usefull only for Mac user only, and again only those who followed the instructional video once but it didnt work for some reason or another, especially for those, who terminal brings out in a rash :P

(remainder snipped)

Thanks ancientyne for an excellent runthrough, and thanks Paul for the superb introduction. I joined the forum especially to express my thanks to you both.

As a 1st-time Android user I've managed to convert a slow, locked-down Orange San Francisco into a very smooth open Blade. I'm very happy. Now I want to do the same for family members, but Orange seem mysteriously to have run out of SFs. . .

Guest AlphaVision

Fixed the < waiting for device > message. It appears that there are two types of drivers - a full one and a lite one. you need the full drivers

Edited by AlphaVision

Guest treschi
Sorry, the screen shot wasn't saved properly.

Please see attached (it's in paint I'm afraid!)

Thanks.

delete "run" before "fastboot-windows..." and everything should work...

Guest timmyp25
Fixed the < waiting for device > message. It appears that there are two types of drivers - a full one and a lite one. you need the full drivers

Where do you get these from?

After flashing this and rebooting, changing display modes doesn't work. The display stays blank after it goes to sleep or when I try to use a barcode scanner. Also, the regular camera software hangs, though it doesn't kill the display.

I have a ZTE Blade bought from an ISP here in Finland (saunalahti.fi). It seems to be mostly stock, with a custom bootloader animation.

Android 2.1

Firmware: version 2.1-update1

Kernel: 2.6.29

Build-number EFIN_P729BV1.0.0B02

I don't think I've done anything else that could've caused this.

I've also done a backup, I can upload it if it's useful. Is there a way to recover a working bootloader?

EDIT:

And the colors are wrong also, as noted by other people.

MORE:

Just read the whole thread. Will try the bootloader from this Hungarian rom: http://www.mediafire.com/?gh04549ubf2nye4

It might be the same as the original.

SOLVED:

The boot image works.

Edited by Elmom

Guest iserlohn

On my white TFT SF, flashing the boot image messed up colour hues. This starts in the boot process where the android is at first green, but turns to an cyan colour. Everything that should be orange is bright blue.

Guest San Franciscan

Have to admit, I (a noobie) am a little puzzled ;)

# Download r3 Superboot for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 03105bbbf5120535c8921075822a1b67

# Download fastboot if you do not have it already.

Am I doing this with the S/F connected to the computer?

# Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.

The above would suggest that I *do* download with the phone being connected to the computer, no?

# Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.

# Plug the phone into the PC.

And now I am plugging back in again, right.

Guest AlphaVision
Have to admit, I (a noobie) am a little puzzled ;)

# Download r3 Superboot for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 03105bbbf5120535c8921075822a1b67

# Download fastboot if you do not have it already.

Am I doing this with the S/F connected to the computer?

No, just download it

# Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.

The above would suggest that I *do* download with the phone being connected to the computer, no?

No, that's in case if it's plugged

# Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.

# Plug the phone into the PC.

And now I am plugging back in again, right.

You can plug it and run it or you can run it and plug it, doesn't matter how you start it

Edited by AlphaVision

Guest San Franciscan
No, just download it

No, that's in case if it's plugged

You can plug it and run it or you can run it and plug it, doesn't matter how you start it

Thanks for the reply. Sure is appreciated ;)

Edited by San Franciscan

Guest faulknerm

Evening all,

I've just received my San Fran today and managed to unlock it with no problems. Come to try and root it as per the instructions in post #1 and I've been having a few issues unfortunately.

First of all I tried it from within a Linux environment and kept getting an error message that the file "fastboot-linux" could not be found/executed, so I thought I'd try it on a Windows box instead.

Within W7 I had a similar issue in that "fastboot-windows" was apparently not executable, however adding on .exe seemed to solve this and it went through the process as per the video - gave me sending message etc. However after rebooting it hasn't removed any of the Orange branding and according to the info screen it's still running the original firmware. It has, however put the superuser icon into the menu.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Guest Gerson2k
Evening all,

I've just received my San Fran today and managed to unlock it with no problems. Come to try and root it as per the instructions in post #1 and I've been having a few issues unfortunately.

First of all I tried it from within a Linux environment and kept getting an error message that the file "fastboot-linux" could not be found/executed, so I thought I'd try it on a Windows box instead.

Within W7 I had a similar issue in that "fastboot-windows" was apparently not executable, however adding on .exe seemed to solve this and it went through the process as per the video - gave me sending message etc. However after rebooting it hasn't removed any of the Orange branding and according to the info screen it's still running the original firmware. It has, however put the superuser icon into the menu.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Yes, all you have done is flashed Superboot Root to the phone.

You can now opt to flash

1) a MCRi custom ROM or

2) install Clockworkmod recovery and then flash Clockworkmod customised ROMs

Guest Winston69

Is it possible to update this to the B08 version as you have with clockwork? May fix some people's problems who have flashed this version onto their TFT's