[OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nedian05
Yep, i'm working thru all the bits now...

P

Is it possible to root the TFT SFs with [OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi. As title suggests it is for OLED only? Many Thanks.

Guest zillfish

My osf has died.

All I can get is the green android when I switch on, and have to remove the battery to power down. I no longer have access to the sd card in the phone, and have no other way of accessing it. You may gather that I don't really know what I have been doing, I'm just following instructions, (but not very well). any help appreciated.

edit 10\12\10 1247hrs

last chance saloon, I've tried every every idea that I can find on this and other sites, none have achieved anything. Since I have not had any replies to my posts, I assume that the experts think that I'm wasting my time. Thanks anyway.

Edited by zillfish

Guest Winston69

No offence paul but is this actually still required now, especially with the TFT blades appearing and this not being compatible.... As most ROM's that I have seen now include root in one way or another, or am I wrong?

Guest Winston69
Is it possible to root the TFT SFs with [OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi. As title suggests it is for OLED only? Many Thanks.

You don't need to! Just install clockwork 2.5.0.9 and flash the bladevillian rom, this will work on your tft device, or you could flash pauls latest froyo ROM...

Edited by Winston69

Guest Martin D

1st posting so be gentle if I've got this wrong....

Followed the instructions and was able to zap my new San Francisco from my Mac.

I think I must have one of the new TFT ones, as installing Superboot Root appears to trash the backlight - it's hardly on and not adjustable - fortunately I'd installed your recovery stuff and was easily able to revert the changes used Universal Androot instead so I was able to remove the Orange rubbish!!

Thanks for the site, very useful, especially the video tutorials.

Guest zillfish

last chance saloon, I've tried every every idea that I can find on this and other sites, none have achieved anything. Since I have not had any replies to my posts, I assume that the experts think that I'm flogging a dead horse. Thanks anyway

Edited by zillfish

Guest bogstandard

I have a TFT

I have just flashed with "boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3" which I suppose works . However when the mobile turns itself off it is unable to be reactived though the 3 bottoms buttons buzz. I am unable to reactive by pressing the on button.

Also on booting after the initial android sign the orange square sign is now blue!

In order to get the mobile operating again it is necessary to remove the battery

I have not as yet tried to install a new operating system(ROM)

When the screen goes blank and I am unable to turn off I can still receive calls!

Any advice gratefully recieved!!

Have now installed clockwork recovery 2.5.1.3 Using Windows 7 64bit I depressed the shift key whilst right cliking on the fastboot file using the Comand Window. into this folder I had inserted the rom

Edited by bogstandard

Anyone got the screen color a bit more "blueish" after using this? o_O

i've got this as well. However i believe this is to do with the bootloader, as the colour shift only comes into play when it's checking the permissions (you can see this in the android guy change at the start of the boot up). So from my 5min glance at the problem it seems the problem is to do with the file permissions.

after reading around i believe this to be the dreaded tft screen issue. Still trying to figure out why rooting would cause this effect though. Any news on this? also how easy is it to remove root?

Edited by Scream

Guest That-Guy

Can I just confirm a couple of things. . . .

I have already rooted with Universal Androot but the device does not stay rooted correctly after re-boot. Can I just flash the Superboot Root image to replace it or should I un-root the device first?

Also if I just flash the Super Boot Root image will this effect any apps/data on the phone? Don't want to have to re-install everything etc.

Thanks in Advance :)

Guest Ricey155

cheers paul for the thread and all the details help you've gone through also a great video

i did use http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/orange-sanf...s/767872?page=3 for some info backup on windows use

i started my rooting blog page if anyone is stuck just what i did to get it working http://zteblade.wordpress.com/

get it rooted looks loads better than crappy orange

Guest StevenHarperUK

Anyone with a TFT Phone should NOT be using Superboot - It is OLE only and will be giving user a BLUEish Tint after installation.

To Revert back to a Correct ROM Choose a TFT supported ROM from the variety of ROMS here and Follow these instructions

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/

First you will FLASH CLockwork to your RECOVERY Partition

Then you will install a ROM (this rewrites the boot and the main ROM)

Double check that you have chosen a TFT compatible ROM.

I think the main thread needs a LARGE warning about TFT devices and Superboot.

Guest That-Guy
Can I just confirm a couple of things. . . .

I have already rooted with Universal Androot but the device does not stay rooted correctly after re-boot. Can I just flash the Superboot Root image to replace it or should I un-root the device first?

Also if I just flash the Super Boot Root image will this effect any apps/data on the phone? Don't want to have to re-install everything etc.

Thanks in Advance :)

Went ahead and did it anyway and everything is fine :)

Thanks!

Guest asdfdsaddaasdas

Hi, will this work on ZTE_P729BV1.0.0B02

(Its the Greek ZTE Blade version). Im kinda confused cause you guyz keep labeling differently :S

Also, will this delete everything from my phone (contacts,apps,settings etc). If ya how can i backup everything (my phone is not rooted yet, obviously xD)

Edited by asdfdsaddaasdas

Guest That-Guy
Hi, will this work on ZTE_P729BV1.0.0B02

(Its the Greek ZTE Blade version). Im kinda confused cause you guyz keep labeling differently :S

Also, will this delete everything from my phone (contacts,apps,settings etc). If ya how can i backup everything (my phone is not rooted yet, obviously xD)

Don't know if it will work with that phone but it will NOT delete anything from your phone :)

Guest asdfdsaddaasdas

I just did this:

Step by step install instructions

Download r3 Superboot for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 03105bbbf5120535c8921075822a1b67

Download fastboot if you do not have it already.

Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.

Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.

Plug the phone into the PC.

Extract the fastboot zip file.

From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

Done!

And now after reboot the colors of my screen are messed up(what i mean? Red=Blue, Green=Other color etc)...

Also, i cant control the brightness anymore. Is there a way to revert/fix it?

help plx :)

Edited by asdfdsaddaasdas

I followed the step to install the boot image, but after rebooting the device everything on the display has blue tint. Also once the screen locks all goes blank and cannot be used anymore / unlocked. Can you please help? I am lost what to do now... This is brand new Orange San Francisco phone purchased in UK.

I followed the step to install the boot image, but after rebooting the device everything on the display has blue tint. Also once the screen locks all goes blank and cannot be used anymore / unlocked. Can you please help? I am lost what to do now... This is brand new Orange San Francisco phone purchased in UK.

I don't think anyone has released custom 2.1 roms that work on TFT - but you want one based on B08; or you could try one of the 2.2 froyo roms or restore a stock rom.

I don't think anyone has released custom 2.1 roms that work on TFT - but you want one based on B08; or you could try one of the 2.2 froyo roms or restore a stock rom.

i have the same problems (blue screen, locking screen) so i can only search for a tft rom and install it, and the everything should be working properly, right?

i have the swiss TFT version (OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01)

Edited by 2Kings