[OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi

Guest PaulOBrien

The orange logo is part of the system. That will be removed in the next rom update.

edit: just noticed to my amusement that the green android moves ever so slightly a couple of pixels to the right during boot. I guess the android logo in the boot.img isn't completely centred.

Ahh well it must have updated im a noob with this android stuff i thought it changed the logo as it says

"Reverted 'Orange' logo to Android logo (from V880 dump) on the r3 release info"

It did say writing boot.... okay so ill assume its worked :-)

Guest randal24

Releases coming thick and fast, superb. :) Thanks Paul and everyone else involved.

Has any work started on the wifi issues reported in other threads on here? i.e with it not reconnecting automatically after sleep etc..?

Cheers again.

Guest Simon O
Releases coming thick and fast, superb. :) Thanks Paul and everyone else involved.

Has any work started on the wifi issues reported in other threads on here? i.e with it not reconnecting automatically after sleep etc..?

Cheers again.

It seems OK for me now but I only left the phone for 20minutes. I'll leave it longer and see what happens.

Guest randal24

Sweet, I'll update the phone in a minute and see how I get on. What's your screen timeout set to out of interest?

(P.S Dang, joined in 2006 and I'm still considered a newbie. Can I get my status changer to "lurker" please? :) )

Note: From Superboot r3 onwards, the 'Orange Square' is replaced by the Android dude, so be aware there will be a slight difference with the video process. :)

Guest randal24

So when I'm r3-ing, is it recommended that I r3 SuperBoot and ROM together as per the procedure on P1? Even if I'm already running r2 SuperBoot? (Guessing so as the the SB changes the boot logo?) Forgive my ignorance, just getting my head around how all this works!

Guest anything-but
My advice would be 'always run the latest superboot'. :)

P

Ah,guess i should have asked 1st.

Even though i got a successful flash,should i re flash using superboot or should i be ok?

Guest Matchstick
Note: From Superboot r3 onwards, the 'Orange Square' is replaced by the Android dude, so be aware there will be a slight difference with the video process. :)

I've just tried apply the new Superboot over r2 but I'm still seeing the Orange animation and Square during the boot sequence.

Is there anyway to confirm if the new fastboot has actually been applied properly ?

Old sequence (with MCR ROM r2):

Turn on -> Andy the Android -> Orange Square -> Flamey things -> Orange Square -> Booted

New sequence (with MCR ROM r2):

Turn on -> Andy the Android -> Flamey things -> Orange Square -> Booted

New sequence (with MCR ROM r3):

Turn on -> Andy the Android -> MoDaCo logo -> Booted

Guest Matchstick

Turn on -> Andy the Android -> Orange Square -> Flamey things -> Orange Square -> Booted

Aha, that's what I'm seeing now so looks like everything has worked.

Cheers for that

Guest norwici

I am seeing:

Turn on -> Andy the Android -> Orange Square -> MoDaCo logo -> Booted

Upgraded r1 -> r2 -> r3

I'm downloading the ROM again just in case...

Guest Bouncer5

Hmmmm, it would appear I need help, Cannout figure out what im doing :S

Usuing ubuntu 10.04, Not understanding the instructions of open a terminal in the same directory,

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Someone care to talk me through it over the phone!? :S

Edited by Bouncer5

Guest DaveMac

Sorry if this is a noob question, but am I right in thinking that as I have the r2 Superboot package downloaded already, all I need from the r3 Superboot download is the new r3 Disc Image file???

I want the latest r3 rom, so taking Paul's advice about using the latest releases possible, I thought I'd try to do things properly :)

Guest Simon O
Hmmmm, it would appear I need help, Cannout figure out what im doing :S

Usuing ubuntu 10.04, Not understanding the instructions of open a terminal in the same directory,

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Someone care to talk me through it over the phone!? :S

Download and extract the fastboot zip to a folder inside your home directory, which should be your username. Download the superboot image and move it into the same folder containing the fastboot files. Open the terminal then change directory into the folder containing the fastboot. Example if you called this 'fastboot' then you need to do 'cd fastboot' to change into this folder.

Then put the phone into fastboot mode then do 'fastboot-linux flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img' and you should see on the screen some output. Once it has flashed the image type 'fastboot-linux reboot; and the phone will reboot after a few seconds.

Then you can follow the guide for installing the custom rom image.

Guest Simon O
Sorry if this is a noob question, but am I right in thinking that as I have the r2 Superboot package downloaded already, all I need from the r3 Superboot download is the new r3 Disc Image file???

I want the latest r3 rom, so taking Paul's advice about using the latest releases possible, I thought I'd try to do things properly :)

Yep just download the latest image and flash it with fastboot as before.

Guest Bouncer5
Download and extract the fastboot zip to a folder inside your home directory, which should be your username. Download the superboot image and move it into the same folder containing the fastboot files. Open the terminal then change directory into the folder containing the fastboot. Example if you called this 'fastboot' then you need to do 'cd fastboot' to change into this folder.

Then put the phone into fastboot mode then do 'fastboot-linux flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img' and you should see on the screen some output. Once it has flashed the image type 'fastboot-linux reboot; and the phone will reboot after a few seconds.

Then you can follow the guide for installing the custom rom image.

Using the live CD So not to sure where I should be sticking that then...