Pulse killer is finally here!

Guest meinnit

thanks god for our devs :lol:

i think i never missed an sms with the pulse and i would gladly put my hands on a HTC Desire or the new T-MOB G2, but... :)

Edited by flip360

i've never seen them before so was a little sceptical about them, but yeah would be good to know what ones work in orange sf. then ill go get one unless i actually recieve my galaxy apollo (ebay sucks)

Guest DanWilson
i've never seen them before so was a little sceptical about them, but yeah would be good to know what ones work in orange sf. then ill go get one unless i actually recieve my galaxy apollo (ebay sucks)

If I'm right (hopefully) they should work in the SF if they work in another phone.

At least another ZTE phone would be the best I think.

I'm keeping my eye on this. Waiting to see if it gets unlocked then I may buy one. Although i'm on virgin which runs on the t-mobile network so it's possible that with the merger it may work straight away.

Why the hell did somebody decide to call it San Fransisco!!! Doesn't exactly look great on front of what otherwise looks a really cool phone

Aside from the fact I'm not interested in getting one of these it is clear to all that Blade is a far cooler name to have stamped on the front of your phone.

Guest WallOfSound

It looks like a great bargain phone but apart from the ram my biggest problem with the pulse is the 3.5 inch screen. Was happy with it until I spent the day with a galaxy s and now I've got screen envy! It's amazing how much better web browsing and typing get with just half an inch more.

might pick one up, it's just such a shame it's 2.1 and not 2.2 - is the chipset supported for 2.2?

Yep, 2.2 will support the chipset.

Some more features have been discovered:

HSDPA

Ambient light sensor

Proximity sensor

Interesting developments on the ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) over on this thread..

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...s-i-go-in-here/

Spec wise this phone kills the Pulse and at £99 it's a steal!

Get donating so that Fib can buy one and start developing FLB for it!!!

Specs are great but I wouldn't expect great "after support and near future upgrades" for this phone coming from the manufacturer. Not sure how is HTC but it can't be worse than Huawei or may be ZTE now!

Edited by bindi

It looks like a great bargain phone but apart from the ram my biggest problem with the pulse is the 3.5 inch screen. Was happy with it until I spent the day with a galaxy s and now I've got screen envy! It's amazing how much better web browsing and typing get with just half an inch more.

you are right, but.... the phones of the price category of pulse (and this zte thing) have 2.8-3.2 in screens. 3.5 is the same as iPhone 3g/gs, the smallest usable.

Guest Simon Taylor

They're not the only things that get better with half an inch more!