[LEAK] New Froyo leak!! Much FASTER than previous

Guest LIQUID_USER

Anyone can use app2sd for this rom?

I cant....

I did it with malez recovery...

What I did wrong?

Any apps2sd is definitely not working Not malez 06 nor the mboot.zip leak from earlier. It is sad if this is their latest, Acer is not concerned about efficiency and stability, but is going for speed. That will surely ruin our cooked apps2sd. First Froyo leak was very efficient. I was able to put all dalvik-cache on sd (ext2), and some not critical /data/data/. For petes I was able to play my games and I had over 190MB internal free. I hope the final version of Froyo will be more stable than this leak version.

later.

Guest Peterfdevries

I'm experiencing a problem with textmessaging since I'm working with the froyoleaks. Very often it can't send any messages but does not give a good reason for that. I've noticed that I can send textmessages more often when I go back to GPRS-network.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I'm experiencing a problem with textmessaging since I'm working with the froyoleaks. Very often it can't send any messages but does not give a good reason for that. I've noticed that I can send textmessages more often when I go back to GPRS-network.

Yeah i've had these problem sometimes after the acer leaks of froyo, did not have these problems with the xian,phhusson froyo.

Guest Piti8576

No problem in all Froyo Leaks.

hello , what is Quick Boot? something connected to the "hybernate" and few seconds reboot present in last HTC models?

can you link it please?

thanks in advance

It´s an app that lets you reboot or reboot and enter recovery easily on a touch. Needs a rooted device.

Does anyone tried ES File Explorer and tried to access the system and write/delete files on it?

ATM this leak is very stable and cool, no problems so far.

Guest gateaublaster

Hey nice work on this leak .. seems nice an fast and im liking the fact I can use froyo on my acer at long last .. I have had a couple of small problems .. when trying to install skies of glory and google sky map .. they download fine and then I get install failed .. can anybody try this out and see if they have same problem .. skies of glory is a paid app and sky map is free from market .. so i will understand if u dont want to pay to try SOG .. but it is worth it .. blowin iphone users out of the sky .. mmm yeah =D

Guest grooltor
Hello, I can't get Juice defender to work on this ROM, during setup installation of the aosp helper fails, and the setup is cancelled. Suggestions?

Install an AOSP compiled ROM like CyanogenMod RC3 by Xian/Koud :lol:

Hello, I've installed it since yesterday and honestly I'm not really happy with it it's lagging much more then 2.1 was on my liquid. Do you have any idea on what may be wrong? I've installez malez as well and app2sd

it it's lagging much more then 2.1 was on my liquid.

90% of the problems are due:

- no full wipe before flashing a new ROM

- no full SD format before flashing a new ROM

- restore other ROM installed apps/games

I did:

- backup of my files, music, etc and settings backup files (launcher, chompsms, HTC IME) to my PC

- formated the SD card

- installed the ROM

- copied & installed everything again (app brain did almost everything for me)

No lags whatsoever and everything fine so far.

Guest luckylike2

Leak works well, just some coments:

- (ACER UI) SMS message on status disappears only when sms viewd via default sms app.

- (ACER UI) Widgets on the lockscreen can only accessed in edit mode. Would nice if accessible via shortkey and not edit mode.

- It seems that the default browser is the old one (exit key in the menu). On some sites, links not work.

90% of the problems are due:

- no full wipe before flashing a new ROM

- no full SD format before flashing a new ROM

- restore other ROM installed apps/games

I did:

- backup of my files, music, etc and settings backup files (launcher, chompsms, HTC IME) to my PC

- formated the SD card

- installed the ROM

- copied & installed everything again (app brain did almost everything for me)

No lags whatsoever and everything fine so far.

I'll try it again considering your advice, thanks for your help.

Guest Liquidator
Install an AOSP compiled ROM like CyanogenMod RC3 by Xian/Koud :lol:

Not exactly the answer I was looking for.. I found a partial solution: use normal Juicedefender, not the Beta, it still cannot install the aosp helper but you can start the service anyway.

New question: is there any way to install Wysie's contacts MOD on this ROM?

Guest HustlinDaily

Flashing the superuser update.zip and installing busybox gives me root (being able to use all root apps and uninstalling stock apps through Titanium) but adb remount does not work.

Did I do something wrong?

Guest snootched

Has anyone attempted to install TUN driver into this (with or without changing the kernel)? I've attempted some prebuild tun.ko 's out there.. without success. Like others in the thread - I'm impressed with the speed and responsiveness of this one! Thanks LU.

Flashing the superuser update.zip and installing busybox gives me root (being able to use all root apps and uninstalling stock apps through Titanium) but adb remount does not work.

Did I do something wrong?

try with adb shell

adb shell

su

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

it should work !

Edited by gi4257

It´s an app that lets you reboot or reboot and enter recovery easily on a touch. Needs a rooted device.

thanks, could you link it please? in case it's on the market, what is the correct name?