Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

Some days ago i found a very interesting video showing the Adobe Flash 10.1 working on Streak!

Flash on Streak

Look at the OS that the Streak is running and look at the date the clip was published on AdobeTV!

If onli we could get our hands on this OS build! :lol:

Guest Stephen Hyde
Some days ago i found a very interesting video showing the Adobe Flash 10.1 working on Streak!

Flash on Streak

Look at the OS that the Streak is running and look at the date the clip was published on AdobeTV!

If onli we could get our hands on this OS build! :lol:

lol look at my screen shot above youcan easily see me browing the sppedtest site which is flash based

Guest vinokirk
can a mod please tidy this thread up and put the download links on the first page and maybe steve can have a progress section on the first page too makes it alot easier and searching around thanks.

+1 for this

Steve maybe you could keep updating the first post with links to your new builds.

Perhaps call the first on v1.0 then v1.1, then when you release a major change you could go too v2.0 etc etc, you know how it goes! :lol:

Guest vinokirk

To be honest, if you're asking questions like that, then I don't think 2.2 is for you. Sounds harsh i know, but it's in the very early stages at the moment, a general public release will come soon enough!

Guest the.mister.D
can a mod please tidy this thread up and put the download links on the first page and maybe steve can have a progress section on the first page too makes it alot easier and searching around thanks.

+1 for this.

I am going to try and attempt this most likely Friday night!! Hopefully all goes well with my lil knowledge!!

Looks like I had a lot less success that others (wifi erroring out, phone process constantly crashing.) But that was probably just due to me putting in a half-effort in nuking the data partition (just the cache, app folder and sql dbs)

Anyways, during boot, logcat complains about no DualMicControl.txt. Throwing up a two byte file '0x30 0x0A (0 CR)' called this in /etc/ seems to fix this.

Guest vinokirk
But that was probably just due to me putting in a half-effort in nuking the data partition (just the cache, app folder and sql dbs)

Cant you just use a certain code to wipe the device totally?

I've searched high and low but cannot find it anymore! Theres a massive list of them like *#828*330# or something like that!

Basically it wipes the whole phone somehow. I'm from a WinMo background, and we would do a 'Task 23' to totally wipe/format the phone before flashing a new ROM.

UPDATE:

the code is *2767*3855#, jutley gave me this code before...

@jutley: could you elabotate on what it does?

Edited by vinokirk

Guest cowballz
If you don't know how to use fastboot, then I don't even know why you'd want a release that wasn't fully working anyway. Boggles my mind.

it helps steve out finding bugs if other people use it,

Guest digthemlows
If you don't know how to use fastboot, then I don't even know why you'd want a release that wasn't fully working anyway. Boggles my mind.

You want people to test it..........he stated it isn't working.......I figure if I even have a small question of what anything means then I'm not ready to mess with it........it could be weeks or Months and I don't care......my phone is awesome and Stephen is doing some cool stuff...........

* Sound Recorder is picking up audio, just not the phone.

* Regardless of being set to speakerphone or not, phone audio-out comes through back speaker.

* Wifi module fails to load (but you already know that)

* On one of the somewhat common display crashes, the entire screen buffer was pushed right about 15 pixels (so the right-most of the screen was on the left). That won't be fun to diagnose.

* I've had a couple of resets now where the phone stops receiving data on HSDPA, then a follow up request resets the phone.

* Market doesn't seem to scroll down past first set of results. . . Plus not many results, assuming a marketfix will resolve that.

* Browser is constantly crashing when directed to the default page. Okay if you can start it pointing elsewhere.

I'll try to keep /var/log and parse through it when I have time. Most of the problems are occurring when not running through ddms, typical.

Guest jmhalder

seems I cant chmod that file via ADB... ADB isn't working for me on Win7, the device manager shows 4 devices as "Dell Mini 5"... def. stuck in a bootloop. (and yes, /data /cache have been formatted.

Guest vinokirk
I figure if I even have a small question of what anything means then I'm not ready to mess with it

+1, agree with this 100%!

* Wifi module fails to load (but you already know that)

Mr Hyde has fixed this in his new release! Follow @DMonsterProd on Twitter for more info.

Edited by vinokirk

Guest OrionBG
lol look at my screen shot above youcan easily see me browing the sppedtest site which is flash based

Yes but woun't such a build help you a lot in your work?

Guest JaysFreaky
it helps steve out finding bugs if other people use it,

You want people to test it..........he stated it isn't working.......I figure if I even have a small question of what anything means then I'm not ready to mess with it........it could be weeks or Months and I don't care......my phone is awesome and Stephen is doing some cool stuff...........

I'm not saying don't have people test it.

I'm saying if you don't know how to flash with fastboot, then you obviously don't need to be a beta and bug tester for this.

seems I cant chmod that file via ADB... ADB isn't working for me on Win7, the device manager shows 4 devices as "Dell Mini 5"... def. stuck in a bootloop. (and yes, /data /cache have been formatted.

Update the driver for those to "Android Phone", "Android ADB Interface" and adb should work again.

Guest T_r_i_s
Cant you just use a certain code to wipe the device totally?

I've searched high and low but cannot find it anymore! Theres a massive list of them like *#828*330# or something like that!

Basically it wipes the whole phone somehow. I'm from a WinMo background, and we would do a 'Task 23' to totally wipe/format the phone before flashing a new ROM.

UPDATE:

the code is *2767*3855#, jutley gave me this code before...

@jutley: could you elabotate on what it does?

Full list of codes here:

http://www.askvg.com/google-android-hidden-secret-codes/