Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Devil-D

Hello Stephen,

I hope not to affend anyone...... but...... i`m reading now for over a hour..... 17 pages...... 325 posts........ but haven`t seen any Froyo on the streak???

It`s been over 2 weeks since the beginning, and still there`s nothing useable? How come.....???

I hoped there would be an update.zip, link, or even a (test)rom...... It feels a kind of silly.... reading for so long..... but getting nothing in the end...

I hope anyone can share some 'streaking' light on this one.....

Sorry if i don`t understand it.

Guest Stephen Hyde

half of that time was waiting for dell to release a useful kernel source, and the streak has aot of custom edits that make porting foroy not so easy as some devices - im also the only dev working on froyo

Guest vinokirk
I hoped there would be an update.zip, link, or even a (test)rom

There are some test ROMs out, but they are not available for the general public. Be patient, it will come eventually. Mr Hyde is one of the few Devs working on a Dell machine, this isnt a HTC device so Mr Hyde is a pioneer in his field!

It feels a kind of silly.... reading for so long..... but getting nothing in the end...

Sound like me trying to get some action outta the missis!

Guest Stephen Hyde
The only dev...IN THE WORLD ! -- An other is working on meego--

So thank you Stephen !

#

im sure dell and qisda would disagree with the in the world part :)

Guest Stephen Hyde

not sure ive having really annoying problems at moment and im still wondering how i only get 300mb ram reported whereas dell manage ~420

Guest spacecat46

H

not sure ive having really annoying problems at moment and im still wondering how i only get 300mb ram reported whereas dell manage ~420

When are dell due to release 2.2? If its very soon why waste your time doing this?

go out and get drunk and laid

Guest Tacoman667
H

When are dell due to release 2.2? If its very soon why waste your time doing this?

go out and get drunk and laid

Because CyanogenMod is generally more performant and has more custom features. Manufacturers LOVE to put in "features" that lockdown the device to what they feel is how you should use the device. Apple is case in point. :)

Guest jmhalder
It`s been over 2 weeks since the beginning, and still there`s nothing useable? How come.....???

Any chance of a test release today steve ?

why waste your time doing this?

So tired of seeing posts like this.

Guest Devil-D
half of that time was waiting for dell to release a useful kernel source, and the streak has aot of custom edits that make porting foroy not so easy as some devices - im also the only dev working on froyo

Okay, thanks for your reply. Didn`t want to offend anyone.

I`ll wait for the results of your work. Have much succes! Thanks in advance...

Guest JaysFreaky
Hello Stephen,

I hope not to affend anyone...... but...... i`m reading now for over a hour..... 17 pages...... 325 posts........ but haven`t seen any Froyo on the streak???

I hoped there would be an update.zip, link, or even a (test)rom...... It feels a kind of silly.... reading for so long..... but getting nothing in the end...

I hope anyone can share some 'streaking' light on this one.....

Sorry if i don`t understand it.

Stop being ungrateful. I don't see you making any effort to help out. No one made you read all 17 pages.

Guest adamwalker13
Its easy to find the ones without a personality isn't it :)

Sorry, its just difficult to sift through the reams of impatient people in search of useful posts, I understand sarcasm perfectly, but I am also all to used to people failing to apreciate the hard work others are putting in (like in about 20% of the posts in this topic). No personal insults necessary ;)

Edited by adamwalker13

Guest BooToo

Stephen,

Just a quick message to thank you for all the hard work you put in and tell you not to listen to all these noises about "speedy delivery"

What you do for the Streak Android community is truly amazing and I am very thankful for all the time and efforts you have put in so far to port 2.2 on the Streak.

If you have to wait for Dell to release 2.2 to collect some missing drivers or kernel part, so bit. :)

What we need is a stable and reliable vanilla Cyanogen 6 running on the Streak and if it will be available only in December, so bit!

Keep up the good work and you should soon see a donation from me to help you.

Guest BooToo

Stephen,

Just a quick message to thank you for all the hard work you put in and tell you not to listen to all these noises about "speedy delivery"

What you do for the Streak Android community is truly amazing and I am very thankful for all the time and efforts you have put in so far to port 2.2 on the Streak (I wish I would have more technical skills to help...)

If you have to wait for Dell to release 2.2 to collect some missing drivers or kernel part, so bit. :)

What we need is a stable and reliable vanilla Cyanogen 6 running on the Streak without all the crappy Dell customization and it does not matter if we have to wait...

Keep up the good work and you should soon see a donation from me to help you.

Edited by BooToo

Guest txdave

I would like to commend everyone on their hard work, this can make the Streak community and device all the better with more support.

I do have a question, are the builds currently on ongoing and the 2.1 build I see at streakdroid applicable to US Streaks on AT&T?

Thanks

Guest Mr Dan

i'd like to be as exited about this as everybody else - but to be honest i dont know what your all talking about

i'm just looking to make my already amazing device even better - seems like your all doing it

im obviously not a tech savvy person but if anybody can help explain it would be much appreciated

Guest maskaler

I have a question, once Stephen's finished and we have a working version of CM6, if I choose to flash it, will I be able to "undo" it and go back to one of the 2.1 builds?

Guest spences10
i'd like to be as exited about this as everybody else - but to be honest i dont know what your all talking about

i'm just looking to make my already amazing device even better - seems like your all doing it

im obviously not a tech savvy person but if anybody can help explain it would be much appreciated

Mr Dan, if you are running a 1.6 rom and want to improve youre device you could upgrade to some of thwe 2.1 roms which are going around and then try some of the performance tweaks by fards and Steven Hyde

I would however research, research and research some more before playing around with flashing firmware

Performance Tweaks for 2.1 devices:

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...-boost-as-well/

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...peed-increases/

I have a question, once Stephen's finished and we have a working version of CM6, if I choose to flash it, will I be able to "undo" it and go back to one of the 2.1 builds?

maskaler yes you will be able to flash back via recovery, if you have flashed a rom before I take it you are familiar with nandroid and recvoery

Guest Mirrdhyn

Hello Mr Spences10 :)

Indeed, I have applied these tweaks on my Streak on O2 2.1 (previously I have the 1.6 with 00 baseband from France) and today, my streak is very better than before.

When I run the Quadrant test, I have 868 points ;)

The system is more responsive and I haven't bugs with these tweaks.

Thank you very much all for your tweaks.

Guest maskaler
maskaler yes you will be able to flash back via recovery, if you have flashed a rom before I take it you are familiar with nandroid and recvoery

I haven't, no, however I'll be sure to become au fait with it before I flash Stephen's cm6. Cheers :)

Guest untrueparadox

steven, congrats on getting the highest linpack score on any streak!

i read on twitter that you said we should expect a working rom soon, any updates as to if the audio or wifi is fixed so far?